Sign in to follow this  
CrypTviLL

Andrew Benintendi 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)

He really has been solid. At least for what I got him for and am expecting out of him. 15/15 is definitely within reach and his other numbers are solid across the board. Is he spectacular? No, but I feel like he's just a really nice piece in my lineup. 

He had a nice game today.

Edited by nlm

The only thing that concerns me about this guy is his increased K rate.  Other than that, I think he's a pretty good fantasy asset.

Will be batting second moving forward. Let's hope it increases his value.

Out of the lineup 2 of the last 3. Not good.

Benintendi was scratched from the lineup for Sunday's game against the Orioles due to a strained quadriceps, Christopher Smith of MassLive.com reports.

ANALYSIS

Fortunately for Benintendi, the Red Sox don't believe he's dealing with anything serious and are hopeful a day out of the lineup will be all the outfielder needs to recover from the setback. If Benintendi is able to go through pregame activities Monday without any major discomfort, he could re-enter the lineup for the Red Sox's series opener in Minnesota.

Sitting today vs crappy RHP C. Fulmer in a home game at Fenway. So that they can get Nunez in at DH in the 9-hole and J.D. Martinez playing awful defense in the OF instead? He's also been red hot lately with 2 hits in 3 of his last 4 games and 3 BB's in his last 5 games, getting on base a ton. So no "mental break" needed. He's young so "rest" in a night game after night game, doesn't make any sense. He MASHES RHP better than LHP so the matchup doesn't make any sense. Does ANY of this make any sense? He has to be hurt right?

11 minutes ago, Mexi1024 said:

Sitting today vs crappy RHP C. Fulmer in a home game at Fenway. So that they can get Nunez in at DH in the 9-hole and J.D. Martinez playing awful defense in the OF instead? He's also been red hot lately with 2 hits in 3 of his last 4 games and 3 BB's in his last 5 games, getting on base a ton. So no "mental break" needed. He's young so "rest" in a night game after night game, doesn't make any sense. He MASHES RHP better than LHP so the matchup doesn't make any sense. Does ANY of this make any sense? He has to be hurt right?

All great insight Mexi... can’t argue the logic.

I dunno, I own him and feel like he’s literally the guy I forget I have. Seem to not even notice him as I scroll down my hitters and see who did what on a given day honestly. He’s more or less a “replacement level” guy, and that’s a crime considering his lineup and spot in it! You’d think w/ his talent and pedigree, his proven success, he could sleep walk into great if not outstanding numbers across the board! But alas, he’s just “there”, the guy you see went 1-5 w/ a run when BOS wins 14-5. Don’t watch much BOS, but he can change his jersey name to “MEH” if this continues and nobody would notice. 

24 minutes ago, Mexi1024 said:

I’d be surprised if he was hurt.  I watched yesterday’s game and he roped a ball in the 9th and looked good running.  He did stop short going to third base (staying at second instead of trying to turn it into a triple), but he didn’t grimace or appear to be in pain and he stayed in the game, eventually scoring the winning run.  Guessing just boneheaded managing....

• Thanks 1

215th ranked player in my standard 5x5 Roto league.  Not what was expected out of him.

• Like 1

He had a pec issue recently so maybe that plays a part.  The only reason I started him this week was because of the Chisox match up.  Eat me.

What anger and frustration I'm going to have built up if I see the Red Sox pour 10+ runs on the White Sox tonight. Pretty sure they sat him in a game against the Orioles within the last few weeks also where the Red Sox had like 14 runs. Just missing on so many counting stats you can't get back in roto. 

He had just started heating up, too. These rest days are completely out of hand.

Out again today against another trash RHP. Has to be an injury. They've got two more days off before the London series so it can't be a rest issue.

Quad has to be acting up again and with the two days off before London vs rival Yanks this must be viewed as opportune time to get it right. 

Man, this guy is the baseball player equivalent of a Saltine. I was actually disappointed when I looked at my spreadsheet and realized I have him for next season.

4 hours ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Out again today against another trash RHP. Has to be an injury. They've got two more days off before the London series so it can't be a rest issue.

His quad will 'tighten up' on the plane.

Soft as hell. Can you imagine if an NFL player sat out a game with that?  Guy would get kicked out of his locker room by his own teammates.

• Thanks 1

Word is Devers might have taken the #2 spot in the batting order after absolutely tearing the cover off the ball in that spot the last few days. Would not be shocked to see Benny moved down to the 5th or 7th spot this weekend. Should be interesting to see what unfolds. 

20 hours ago, supac720 said:

Soft as hell. Can you imagine if an NFL player sat out a game with that?  Guy would get kicked out of his locker room by his own teammates.

Boston lived through the JD Drew era.  No one was more of a p**sy than him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Word is Devers might have taken the #2 spot in the batting order after absolutely tearing the cover off the ball in that spot the last few days. Would not be shocked to see Benny moved down to the 5th or 7th spot this weekend. Should be interesting to see what unfolds. 

Can't say I'm surprised. Benintendi has not played like a top-of-the-order hitter all season.