Sign in to follow this  
CrypTviLL

Andrew Benintendi 2019 Outlook

Just now, DJSatane said:

another week and another 2 days off in a row, its not even platoon situation, its a losing starter status situation

Yup. And there's not even a sound argument that he's getting screwed over. They had him at leadoff, then 2nd, then 5th. Not producing anywhere.

Starting to be an Old Yeller candidate.  Doing just enough to merit a trip to the vet for a shot of prednisone 

I thought he was a safe pick too.

18 minutes ago, herschel said:

Batting clean up...

This is getting beyond weird. He’s a good kid, doesn’t seem to cause any problems, so I’m sure he’s well aware of his struggles. Please FBB Gods, shine some love on our boy today! (2 HR’s and a 4 knock day is all I’m “we’re” asking here... and a couple bags wouldn’t be horrible.) 

Thank you kindly, Us. 

1 hour ago, herschel said:

Batting clean up...

You do know that both Xander Bogaerts and JD Martinez are getting a day of rest now since they will be in the All Star game.  Christian Vasquez, who actually is putting up the numbers expected of Benitendi at this point minus the steals, is batting 3rd and DH-ing.  Cora is just trying to show support for Benny because no way even in this spartan line-up today does he deserve to bat 4th.  He should be batting behind a hot Jackie and Chavis and Holt and maybe even Sandy Leon who actually has gotten some bloop hits the last few games.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You do know that both Xander Bogaerts and JD Martinez are getting a day of rest now since they will be in the All Star game.  Christian Vasquez, who actually is putting up the numbers expected of Benitendi at this point minus the steals, is batting 3rd and DH-ing.  Cora is just trying to show support for Benny because no way even in this spartan line-up today does he deserve to bat 4th.  He should be batting behind a hot Jackie and Chavis and Holt and maybe even Sandy Leon who actually has gotten some bloop hits the last few games.

I’ll take what I can get...

10 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Jump start?

11 hours ago, LarryChip10 said:

This is getting beyond weird. He’s a good kid, doesn’t seem to cause any problems, so I’m sure he’s well aware of his struggles. Please FBB Gods, shine some love on our boy today! (2 HR’s and a 4 knock day is all I’m “we’re” asking here... and a couple bags wouldn’t be horrible.) 

Thank you kindly, Us. 

Thank you FBB Gods! Thank you kindly :wub:

• Haha 1

For those who didnt see, He hit a routine pop up down LF line and the fielder lost the ball in the sun light and it dropped for RBI Double. 3 legit hits is nice tho. 

44 minutes ago, Mexi1024 said:

For those who didnt see, He hit a routine pop up down LF line and the fielder lost the ball in the sun light and it dropped for RBI Double. 3 legit hits is nice tho. 

Bro, don't kill my vibe man! Don't efffff w/ the higher powers @ work here bud. lolz

4 hits and that stolen bag was a pleasant site. Most of the days off recently were because he was pressing and still must have been favoring a sore quad. I think he needs the allstar break more then anyone to work on some things and recharge the batteries. Hoping for a nice second half out of him in that stacked lineup. Batting 5th in that lineup is still premium and hopefully he gets his aggressive RBI swing on instead of worrying about having to get on base and who's batting behind him. He also should be able to steal more bags in that spot without having to worry about running into outs with the meat of the order coming up. 

So is this someone I should look to acquire for the 2nd half of the season? I haven't really followed his situation that closely but from a distance he seems like a player who for no reason has under performed so far, but should have some major positive regression coming... Or is something wrong with him that i'm not aware of?

36 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

So is this someone I should look to acquire for the 2nd half of the season? I haven't really followed his situation that closely but from a distance he seems like a player who for no reason has under performed so far, but should have some major positive regression coming... Or is something wrong with him that i'm not aware of?

You could probably get him for cheap....

He’s one of the better buy lows out there, especially in non-redraft. 

Wish I could be this optimistic. He’s been an absolute pumpkin for awhile. Weird injuries, looks totally lost at the plate. As the weeks go by it gets tougher to bank on a rebound. Hope I’m wrong.

anyone dropping in 12 team redrafts? or still holding?

7 minutes ago, mortl said:

anyone dropping in 12 team redrafts? or still holding?

I’d try and trade. His name still holds value 

I do not know what to think any more.  I loved him coming into this season but when a player struggles in what is supposed to be one of his prime years it is a 🚩.

If he keeps producing at this level I wonder what round he goes in redrafts next season.  Someone will reach for the name probably.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, B&F said:

I do not know what to think any more.  I loved him coming into this season but when a player struggles in what is supposed to be one of his prime years it is a 🚩.

If he keeps producing at this level I wonder what round he goes in redrafts next season.  Someone will reach for the name probably.

I think he's someone to monitor during spring training. He's usually scorched earth during spring but this year was different and it carried on over into the season. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56

The Red Sox seem to have winners burnout this year. Except for Devers and Bogaerts the whole team has been a disappointment.

• Like 1

Been a bit better of late, but he's batting 7th today against a no-name lefty.