Sign in to follow this  
CrypTviLL

Jesus Aguilar 2019 Outlook

As far as we know he's still on the wrong side of a platoon. If he gets back to full-time ABs he might be worth owning.

In the starting lineup against a righty tonight

17 minutes ago, rhg1084 said:

In the starting lineup against a righty tonight

Yelich banged up, so there’s that. Ripple effect. 

Praise Jesus! 3run home run

4 hours ago, MoonyGray said:

Yelich banged up, so there’s that. Ripple effect. 

And another jack!

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Sell high.  He might not get much higher.

He's still not selling. He needs a month of this before people will buy.

Is it a good sign that he got the homer off Marquez?

Edited by pbjfb

I don't know what will happen with him, but I bet the Brewers are going to play him nearly every day short term in order to get him some rhythm and confidence now that he's snapped his cold streak. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

So after everyone on this thread dropped him he decided to start hitting?  That's cold, dude.

If he follows his career trends, then he will probably hit .290/.358/.630 in May & June, then hit .230/.330/.430 in July & August, then finish September just like he hit in April.

I think it would be foolish of people to not pick him up NOW if hes still on your waiver wire and not waste another home run. We know hes streaky - so in a couple weeks from now you can sell if thats what you want to do. Im sure hes a better end of bench guy than you probably have at the moment. 

On 4/29/2019 at 8:03 PM, SheikYerbuti said:

Dropped him last week, so yes. Quite comfortably. 

Also, see my post on page 7 of this thread.

Looks like you made a mistake 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

So after everyone on this thread dropped him he decided to start hitting?  That's cold, dude.

Yep and in most competitive leagues he's gone again now. A guy added in my league and within 3 days he's got 3 dongs from him, lucky little fecker.

• Like 2

0-0 with 4 BB’s today. I don’t think I have ever seen that happen since Bonds. 

[Removed Cool Story]

Maybe he’s just not use to batting with his braces off. Or does he still have them on? Who knows? Keep hittin dingers brody.

11 hours ago, BustHerPosey said:

Sheffield was 0-1, 4 BB, 1 K, 1 RBI on opening day 2008. I bet Votto has had 4 BB games if we check. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BustHerPosey said:

18 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Sheffield was 0-1, 4 BB, 1 K, 1 RBI on opening day 2008. I bet Votto has had 4 BB games if we check. 

In 2016 Bryce Harper was 0-0 in SEVEN plate appearances in a game... he walked 6 times and was hit by pitch once... tied the MLB record for most walks by a hitter in a single game.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2016/5/8/11636524/bryce-harper-ties-mlb-record-for-most-walks-in-game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/1/2019 at 6:57 AM, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Looks like you made a mistake 

I too try to pwn people based on a 2 game sample size. How's he been since?

I think the Brewers hope there is a DH in the NL next year. They have Braun,  Aguilar and Thames as likely candidates. Aguilar has probably earned himself a week of starting with his recent surge. Add in the Brewers are winning so no need for change. With this pitching staff relying on offense only is pretty dangerous. A team slump would probably get Hiura up and a trade or 2 for a pitcher.

23 minutes ago, hailfire4 said:

I think the Brewers hope there is a DH in the NL next year. They have Braun,  Aguilar and Thames as likely candidates. Aguilar has probably earned himself a week of starting with his recent surge. Add in the Brewers are winning so no need for change. With this pitching staff relying on offense only is pretty dangerous. A team slump would probably get Hiura up and a trade or 2 for a pitcher.

There is no recent surge. The last two days of April, he had four hits, three of them going over the wall. Since then, he's 1-for-6 (plus 0-for-2 already today...so 1-for-8). I get that he had four walks the day after his 3rd HR, but he seems to have just gotten back to what he was prior to his first HR. 

Not sure how Hiura domino effect will decrease ABs but since late April 29 has been hitting .368/.490/.658. Has been out of lineup 4 of 16 games. So has been productive enough for fantasy owners over last 2 1/2 weeks.