CrypTviLL

Jesus Aguilar 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)

It's early but I'm already concerned

Edited by pushaZ

12 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

It's early but I'm already concerned

I am too, and Thames hit a pinch hit 3 run bomb

Brewers get 13 runs and he doesn't contribute anything at all.  Very frustrating...

6 hours ago, Slimzy17 said:

Brewers get 13 runs and he doesn't contribute anything at all.  Very frustrating...

His OBP yesterday was .500.  And for the week a decent .391.  What is he suppose to do?  Not walk and swing wildly at balls instead?  He is fine.

• Like 1

This was predictable, if we are being honest.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Another 0 for from Aguilar and another Thames pinch hit 3 run bomb for the second straight night smh 

Edited by TrueToTheBlue

Yep - re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic at this point. Any chance I get he's benched for now. We're better off when he's benched in IRL TBH.

Wow how did this guy his 35 HR and 108 RBI last year

They updated his photo on ESPN for this year and he looks noticeably pudgier.

Anybody been watching his ABs? Is he hitting the ball hard and just getting unlucky or does he look bad? 

Thought we might be in for a regression season, but I had him as a cheap keeper.

.399OPS so far...jesus that is bad. Anyone on Thames watch yet? 2 bombs for him...he's not going away.

1 hour ago, swfcdan said:

Thought we might be in for a regression season, but I had him as a cheap keeper.

.399OPS so far...jesus that is bad. Anyone on Thames watch yet? 2 bombs for him...he's not going away.

Ive been monitoring Thames as an Aguilar owner, but until Milwaukee shows an inclination to start him and sit Aguilar (which they really havent) I think things are safe. Its still early and their winning I think theyll hold serve a while and wait for him to right ship. For Aguilar owners though, its certainly wise to have other options as he could vanish as quickly as he popped up. 

How has Moose looked at 2B?  The better move might be to put Shaw back at 1B and Moose to 3B.  Hiura is probably close as well to take over 2B anyways. 

36 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

How has Moose looked at 2B?  The better move might be to put Shaw back at 1B and Moose to 3B.  Hiura is probably close as well to take over 2B anyways. 

The logic is sound until you realize that Shaw’s been awful too

Haven't watched the past several games, but early on his was making solid contact right at defenders and getting on base (walks, obviously) at a decent clip. I imagine he still has leash since Thames has really only done damage as a pinch hitter, but I can't blame anyone who's getting a bit itchy.

I am targeting him as a buy low.  Underlying numbers have pointed to maintainable skills and not just last year. He was probably overvalued in drafts, but if the price is right a good source of power at 1B.  

BB% up 5%, K% down almost 8%. Hard hit% is still an extremely healthy 45%. BABIP is at .167. He's going to be just fine,  sorry everyone hasn't gotten their instant gratification yet. 

• Like 4

Throw this guy anything off speed and hes probably not hitting it very good if he makes contact at all. He's going to mash on fastballs still. He should just start looking and waiting for the slider. He is broken now but can be fixed..

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Benched for now. 

Agreed. I am not in drop territory yet. He is lucky that Thames has been struggling too. 

Needs to start showing some signs of life though or Thames is going to be eating into more AB's. Which will make it tougher to break out of this.

In there today batting 6th. He’s dropped down in the lineup a spot or two but they’ve been sticking with him and giving him a chance to turn it around 

2 hours ago, swfcdan said:

Needs to start showing some signs of life though or Thames is going to be eating into more AB's. Which will make it tougher to break out of this.

15 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

In there today batting 6th. He’s dropped down in the lineup a spot or two but they’ve been sticking with him and giving him a chance to turn it around 

Thames is terrible.  Aguilar has been showing signs of life.  Last 2 games were solid.