Sign in to follow this  
PizzaBeerFF

2019 Draft

What are each team's needs and wish list?

I'm a Pat's fan. But I'd love to see them draft Lock. He's got great mechanics and a very quick release.

Just got to coach him for reading coverage and releasing quick on those reads.  Otherwise he will become Jay Cutler. 

Probably not lasting until the 32nd pick of the draft, mate

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1

Apparently Elway is in loooove with Lock, so good luck with that

I’d be okay with taking him but we have so many other needs. Could easily see LB or CB in the 1st, as both positions are way too thin and talent deficient. 

Edited by lolcopter

Seems like a fairly weak RB class in this NFL draft. Will any of them rise up the boards and be taken in the 1st round? 

As a Saints fan...this offseason, we need to address WR2 and TE for sure. You can never have too many DL or OL...we need another CB. If they let Ingram walk, it would be nice to find a replacement for him, but they may very well do that in FA. 

8 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Seems like a fairly weak RB class in this NFL draft. Will any of them rise up the boards and be taken in the 1st round? 

As a Saints fan...this offseason, we need to address WR2 and TE for sure. You can never have too many DL or OL...we need another CB. If they let Ingram walk, it would be nice to find a replacement for him, but they may very well do that in FA. 

Joshua Jacobs is a 1st round talent.

Irv Smith Jr to NE to replace Gronk.

I agree with you there, DHC, but I wonder whether we will even see a RB go in the first round this year.

21 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Joshua Jacobs is a 1st round talent.

Jacobs is a top 10 talent. Where will he get picked. Hoping Bucs or somewhere that can use those talents. As a viking fan, I would accept him at 18.

Browns need a defensive tackle to replace the one that just won a Super Bowl ring with NE.

Run up the middle until you reach the end zone.

It was Dorsey's trade. It didn't and still doesn't make any sense.

Edited by jmausen

4 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

Jacobs is a top 10 talent. Where will he get picked. Hoping Bucs or somewhere that can use those talents. As a viking fan, I would accept him at 18.

Vikings have got to get that OLine upgraded. I can't imagine them using first round capital on a RB when they have Dalvin (health concerns obviously, but has looked elite when healthy).

4 minutes ago, jmausen said:

Browns need a defensive tackle to replace the one that just won a Super Bowl ring with NE.

Or just re-acquire him in FA.

44 minutes ago, jmausen said:

It made sense if the goal was to help NE win the SB.

• Like 1

I just want Pats to draft/sign Renfrow. Any of the Clemson DLine works too.

Oliver and Allen are my favorite players in the class though.

7 hours ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Vikings have got to get that OLine upgraded. I can't imagine them using first round capital on a RB when they have Dalvin (health concerns obviously, but has looked elite when healthy).

The Vikings will waste this pack on a corner back or linebacker. Sadly, Im aware they won't address the biggest need. They pay Kirk Cousins 84 millions to allow him to be rushed on over 250 drop backs.

6 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

The Vikings will waste this pack on a corner back or linebacker. Sadly, Im aware they won't address the biggest need. They pay Kirk Cousins 84 millions to allow him to be rushed on over 250 drop backs.

CB or WR most likely.

9 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

I just want Pats to draft/sign Renfrow. Any of the Clemson DLine works too.

Oliver and Allen are my favorite players in the class though.

A lot of people are hopeful Braxton Berrios can still fill that slot role. I’m hopeful, but not optimistic there. Renfrow could be a guy we see. 

A lot lies lies in the balance prior to draft day for the Pats. If Gronk retires, Noah Fan looks like a decent pick. 

Pats could really could lose both McCourty’s. It also hurts me badly to say this, about Hightower...I wouldn’t be shocked if news came out that he retires at 29 with three rings and a history of injuries. Hopefully the pats can get a couple more years out of him, but even so a good LB wouldn’t hurt. 

Then there’s the QB discussion, but that hurts me too much to talk about. 

As as long as the pats draft good talent, I’m okay with the pick, regardless of position. 

Edited by Joshmcd94

11 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

How are we feeling if he replaces Marshawn in Oakland, or Ajayi in Philly?

Talent wise - he’s got it. With the right scheme and 20 catches in 2018, maybe he can reach the pass volume of a guy like Mixon with better ground skills?

Packer fan here. GB needs are guard, te, safety, edge rusher, and mlb. I could see them drafting one of the top 3 te's with their 2nd first or early second rd picks. I'd like to see them address pass rush early since that position is the most valuable and hardest to fill in free agency. A guard early would really help out the offense, RG was a huge liability last year.

Bills

Primary Need: Offensive line, many, at any position

Other Needs:

RB

WR- personally I use FA to pair someone with Foster and Jones

TE- in this draft class, should be a no brainer.

DT- Kyle Williams has no in house replacement

DE- Hughes, Lawson, Alexander are the best pass rushers, all are FA's after next year.  Trent Murphy is there but is overpaid and is more likely than not to be cut before year three of his contract.  

37 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Bills

Primary Need: Offensive line, many, at any position

Other Needs:

RB

WR- personally I use FA to pair someone with Foster and Jones

TE- in this draft class, should be a no brainer.

DT- Kyle Williams has no in house replacement

DE- Hughes, Lawson, Alexander are the best pass rushers, all are FA's after next year.  Trent Murphy is there but is overpaid and is more likely than not to be cut before year three of his contract.  

So in summation, I can pencil in two wins for The Pats.

Seen a couple mocks with Kyler to the Pats. God I hope not.

7 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Seen a couple mocks with Kyler to the Pats. God I hope not.

I can taste the puke in my mouth. 

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

So in summation, I can pencil in two wins for The Pats.

Wait until the schedule comes out.   If there's a week 17 matchup, Buffalo probably takes that by a field goal as Hoyer starts

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, BrianM said:

Wait until the schedule comes out.   If there's a week 17 matchup, Buffalo probably takes that by a field goal as Hoyer starts

Haha good point.

Raiders fan here (sorry, that's a long story involving having only 3 TV stations as a kid and so my formative football years were watching the Snake and the Ghost hooking up in the end zone or watching Freddie Solomon "playing" QB for the Niners back in the day).

For me, it is not so much what the Raiders do (DEF, WR) as to how the organization works together to build a foundation for success. I want to see Maylock and Gruden locked in step as to what they want hope to accomplish. 

I would draft two DEF players and a WR with their firsts (of course targets of opportunity could change that) and sign Bell or Coleman to un@@ck their RB situation. I would also trade Penn to anybody who needs an OL that can walk. 

With the FA loot they have, I would also make a strong play for Mosley (ILB, Ravens) as a priority FA signing. If they do that along, let's say, a DL and DB along with a FA RB, then I would consider this a strong opening to the 2019 season. 

Then again, I could be a complete idiot....

7 hours ago, DurinsBane said:

Raiders fan here (sorry, that's a long story involving having only 3 TV stations as a kid and so my formative football years were watching the Snake and the Ghost hooking up in the end zone or watching Freddie Solomon "playing" QB for the Niners back in the day).

For me, it is not so much what the Raiders do (DEF, WR) as to how the organization works together to build a foundation for success. I want to see Maylock and Gruden locked in step as to what they want hope to accomplish. 

I would draft two DEF players and a WR with their firsts (of course targets of opportunity could change that) and sign Bell or Coleman to un@@ck their RB situation. I would also trade Penn to anybody who needs an OL that can walk. 

With the FA loot they have, I would also make a strong play for Mosley (ILB, Ravens) as a priority FA signing. If they do that along, let's say, a DL and DB along with a FA RB, then I would consider this a strong opening to the 2019 season. 

Then again, I could be a complete idiot....

You are not sir.

However, as long as Carr is the QB, it doesn't matter.