The Big Bat Theory

New RW Forums Design Feedback Thread

1 minute ago, billybgame said:

They should allow those who want, to use the old site....permanently!

Let the cell phone people, or whomever this new site works for, use this.

I agree 100%

The other thing is, given Yahoo just shut down their fantasy forums, so now you have all the Yahoo people coming here to try and find owners and leagues.  It had been so long since I'd used these Rotoworld forums....just came back last week, for the first time in I don't know how many years.  Thought it was neat that the forums were still good, and useful.  Now this.:(

Welp, can't imagine that this will last too long. 

Clearly there are massive errors in the forum skin. Everything is pushed to the left, the brightness, the banner, etc. 

There's room for improvements, but this isn't it. 

2 hours ago, WahooManiac said:

I can't access my notifications on here now.  

X2. On my phone.

• Like 1

The only reason I went to this site was because unlike any other site, it let me quickly see the season and career stats for various players. It was the best and most readable site for fantasy research. This makes it so I have to scroll past random news, just to get to the stats, that aren't available on one screen so I have to scroll around. They took something simple and elegant and ruined it. PLEASE bring back the old format, or I'll have to find some other site to go to. 

• Like 3

I will not be visiting the main Rotoworld site or these forums until there is a night mode or they at least change the background to be less bright. This webpage design is terrible for the eyes...I came immediately to the feedback section just to express this. When this webpage layout was in beta I emailed them asking for a night mode and the response was "We'll look into it" and sadly it wasn't implemented. I feel like my eyes are going out as I type this. Completely unacceptable from a web developer standpoint--it's almost like they don't use the actual website they designed.

49 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

X2. On my phone.

Ok so i found them.  You click on the red notification and then you have to scroll to the right to see them.  Also on my phone.  

A little annoying but i can deal with it i guess.  The baby blue is.... cute?  Not my first choice but not the end of the world. 

2 hours ago, billybgame said:

They should allow those who want, to use the old site....permanently!

Let the cell phone people, or whomever this new site works for, use this.

That is never going to happen. 

This layout format is here to stay. We will be lucky if they change the color. I won’t be expecting them to service us and listen to there customers. ESPN didn’t why would this place be any different. 

Folks, until you get used to the new skin, can you go down to the theme button and see if you have the option to change to the old skin?

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Folks, until you get used to the new skin, can you go down to the theme button and see if you have the option to change to the old skin?

Cant believe I never saw that before, thank you sir

still has funky colors, which I don’t mind, but at least it got rid of that ridiculous header

The old skin isn't exactly the old skin, but it's certainly better.

Ah yes. I went to theme and changed to “default” from Rotoworld v5 (default) and it’s different than old but MUCH better. Thanks!

Just now, Backdoor Slider said:

Ah yes. I went to theme and changed to “default” from Rotoworld v5 (default) and it’s different than old but MUCH better. Thanks!

It's like an old, old, old skin... not exact, but you've been around long enough to remember when it was a red, white, and blue theme...

• Like 2

New design sucks. Keep it the way it was.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

For what it's worth, we mods had no idea this was coming, and agree that it's terrible.  The good news is that it's so terrible that I can't imagine it won't be changed.

If you want to make sure your voice is heard, please send feedback to help@rotoworld.com.  I don't think the admins from the RW mothership read the forums very often.

I sent them an email.  Diplomatic of course.  Heh.

Thanks but it still is funky.  Just funky in darker blue, not light powder blue.  It isn't the old Black lettering.  And no I am NOT going to get used to the new skin.  They had better fix it.

Also it won't get "fixed" changing to a night version as some suggested.  I hate lettering on black.  I went through that crap several years ago when Yahoo tried to force people to use it.  There was a large rebellion and Yahoo restored "day" vision and made it the default because polling they took showed well over 90% of people preferred a white (NOT glare white) background.  I don't mind an alt option for nightvision people but most people prefer a NON-GLARE white background.  It is why books never switched to black background pages.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Thank you very much for that tip .. now I don’t have to shrink the page just to see the whole sentence. Those little teeny weeny words were hard on the eyes 👀. 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Thank you very much for that tip .. now I don’t have to shrink the page just to see the whole sentence. Those little teeny weeny words were hard on the eyes 👀. 

Could find theme, where is it located ?

Don't mind the face lift, formatting on my end is a little off though.

#RW_wrapper width in the styles sheet needs to be changed from auto, and set to max-content, so the forum is centered/filled.

Everything on my desktop display is formatted/floated to the left of my screen and doesn't fill the display when browsing the forum.

Screen-Shot-2019-02-12-at-10.37.png

• Thanks 1