The Big Bat Theory

New RW Forums Design Feedback Thread

11 minutes ago, Topgun said:

Could find theme, where is it located ?

At the very bottom of the page.

image.thumb.png.50e81c29068d8c69b6c4cd2f7bd43032.png

I can't be the only one that hates this new color theme. "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here. Forums were nice as they were. How does everyone else feel about this? Speak up or go blind!  :ph34r:

• Like 4

Had to downsize screenshot for web and devices so colors are stripped. But this is the layout I have normally. A lot of empty space on right side of the screen.

auto.png

• Like 1

agreed. the new colors are AWFUL and the overall new design of the website is not as nice either.

also, whatever they did made everyones signature, lineups, double spaced taking up waaay more space per post....

Edited by lacit1707
  • Like 2

Just logged on just now. This is hideous. Burn it, burn it with fire. Stay OT, and figure out a new color scheme.

• Like 2

As someone who makes living in  programming and usability testing, this is terrible.

If you need to post announcement like this, I am starting to wonder if  anyone looked at this before making it public

Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. We are aware that the new layout isn't very easy on the eyes, and are hoping that it's fixed ASAP.

• Like 3

It feels like the ESPN makeover for this season.

Bigger, brighter, more fancier and full of s---.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gile Pile said:

As someone who makes living in  programming and usability testing, this is terrible.

If you need to post announcement like this, I am starting to wonder if  anyone looked at this before making it public

The Mods we see on here were unaware of the changes, this change came from above them, thats why they posted that, they want it fixed as well

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 2

So, who is getting fired for this debacle?   As someone who makes living in programming and usability design and testing, my desk would have been cleaned 10 minutes after product like this is released to public

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ajax said:

I can't be the only one that hates this new color theme. "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" applies here. Forums were nice as they were. How does everyone else feel about this? Speak up or go blind!  :ph34r:

Hate the changes.  It was just fine as it was.

SMH

• Like 2

I hate this new color theme. My eyes hurt after just a minute trying to read anything. Please go back to the old color theme!

• Like 3

My eyes burn. Also why is everything squished to the left side of my browser's screen?

• Like 1

The first 3 pages of the thread sum up my feelings pretty well. There was really nothing wrong with the previous settings. I actually now appreciate them much, much more after being subjected to these changes. Change it back if you can. 

• Like 1

To anyone else whose eyes have been assaulted by the bright blue fonts and the freakishly bright white background, you shouldn't HAVE to do this (because RW should fix it), but you can. You can go into your computer settings and remove some of the blue from your overall screen. It's one of the things suggested for people who use their phones and computers at night. The blue light has been proven to stimulate the eyes and the mind and make it harder to get to sleep if you use your devices at night. Removing some of the blue and going into night-mode on your device definitely makes this easier to view. This is what I did, and it is definitely much easier on my eyes. Mine normally comes on automatically at 9pm, but I went ahead and changed it now. Lol. 

Well you don't have to change your whole computer to deal with this.  Until this get changed than do what Tony said.  It's a band-aide for now.  Go way to the bottom and click on the teeny tiny "Theme" and select the other one.  Still blue but darker.  And no crap at the top.  Just says "Default" so it is like old style though Blue and not Black.  But at least not this horrid light bright almost DOS-era cyan blue.  And white is less glare-filled.

Millennial programmer here to buddy:  "Wow I found this really new, never seen before cool looking blue.  I will name it "cyan" and everyone will love it!"

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1