The Big Bat Theory

New RW Forums Design Feedback Thread

this "new" layout is awful, everything looks zoomed in for no damn reason. at least it should have the option of reverting back to the "classic" look where everything was neatly on one page, no scrolling needed 

• Like 2

The blue thread titles are too bright a colour which is not easy on the eyes but at the same time difficult to read. would recommend something closer to navy if using blue. otherwise everything else looks fine. 

Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. We are aware that the new layout isn't very easy on the eyes, and are hoping that it's fixed ASAP.

• Like 1

WTF is wrong with you guys? Why change something that isnt broken. I did not want to comment until I got to use it fully for a day or 2, but man, this is crap.

I find myself using Reddit r/fantasybball more and more....will probably continue to use reddit until Rotoworld goes back to normal and not this joke.

its literally garbage.

Why did they change it? Any reasons given?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crocp said:

its literally garbage.

Why did they change it? Any reasons given?

more pics more clicks haha

And the home page size is so BIG. I have to use the scroll wheel just to get to the next player update. Were these updates done for blind consumers ?

Been wanting to post about this and found this forum. This new format sucks! It’s way too bright and too much scrolling. Please revert it back to the original. 

Is there a ‘default theme’ option for the player news page? Or is it only for the forum page?

Edited by lbc88

Mobile formatting needs to be fixed (android), the header goes like 3 screens to the right, so when I hit notification on top right it pops the menu up wayyyy right.

Not sure if this was mentioned but I don't have the desire to read through 4 pages of complaining to find out :lol:

Liked the old layout on both the main roto page and the forum page. Change is bad. 

• Like 2

Colors are washed out. Forums are tight to the left of the screen, everything else on the site is centered. No scrolling, navigable news feed is annoying. 

I liked the old design and think the new layout is terrible. The "headlines" are like reading the fine print, everything else on the page is huge and the headlines are tiny.

I'm taking a hiatus from this site. Hope it's back to normal for baseball draft season.

Have to scroll to read posts on the forum on my mac now. Incredibly annoying

Absolutely horrific. 

@tonycpsu and myself each made a "stylish" extension that helps with this. 

Google chrome users: Install the stylish extension and search for "Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode" or "RW Forums Tweaks"
Firefox users have something similar, though I haven't used it. 

The tweaks Tony made and it's very good. It's a pretty standard format with some minor fixes. 

Mine is a little more involved (aka, potentially buggy?) but gives you a dark mode to use. 

You can see a Dark Mode screenshot here. 

https://userstyles.org/styles/168953/rotoworld-forums-dark-mode

Good luck in your travels. 

Edited by sngehl01
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Precisely why I no longer give feedback on these changes anymore. It's a complete waste of time.

You and @lbjames6 check out my post right above this one. It has a "dark mode" theme you can apply with a browser extension. 

I made it. Be gentle. I will spend some time fine tuning the dark mode theme in the future most likely, but it's not terrible for now (far better than the default). 

Just an FYI. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

Usually checking Rotoworld forums on my mobile.. this new color scheme does not work at all. Everything is too bright.

Agree. 

The old one was more user friendly and easier to navigate. Like the color scheme on the old one as well. The new one has been on for awhile now, knew it existed, yet I still used to the old. Update the old one Rotoworld and make the color scheme darker. Nobody got time to be squinting..

This reminds me of when Yahoo changed their layout for the NBA section. You can see the difference of the two here:

Now: https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/

Before: http://web.archive.org/web/20130313000927/http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/

There are so much crap and "sponsored contents" now you can't find what you really are looking for - the games and box scores - unless you scroll all the way down. 

The new Rotoworld home page is doing the same thing. They are adding more pictures and video to dress up the page, but forgetting that we (well, at least me lol) are here primarily for the players news blurbs. There are so much junk space now: box scores at the top, web site directory right underneath (does it have to be so big???), the premium content prom, the videos (do people really watch these?), trending player list (again, why so big???), and now each article is affixed to a big picture of a related player. 

Player news blurbs are now pushed to the bottom right corner, but to me that's the meat and potato of the site.

What do you guys generally use Rotoworld's homge page for? The articles? or the blurbs?

As for the forum's new layout, just change the colors please. This is blinding

Edited by bballshinobi

Why is there no link to these forums on the RW front page? There used to be one, which is how all of us found this place in the first place.