The Big Bat Theory

New RW Forums Design Feedback Thread

13 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I really like the idea of the dark mode, but when I installed it on Chrome, there's still so much white and black that my eye is constantly drawn to the wrong parts of the page, and it's a bit distracting in the end. I'll come back to check later to see if you have further updates.

Both your and @tonycpsu thanks for your efforts, it's appreciated. But I'll echo those before me: if you need this, something is badly wrong.

As an IT guy I'm well aware that often people just need some time to adapt to a new style, and they will complain any time they have to get used to a new look - I'm no exception. On the other hand, that doesn't mean everything will be just fine, and I think there are very reasonable gripes with the design (I detest the top banner), but for now I think tony nailed it with fixing the color and width. Cheers, amigo.

Thanks for the feedback. I agree, it's a bit black and white. I'll update it at some point. It stinks to have to do it this way, but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

I clicked the page and it felt like I opened my eyes for the first time. Everything is so bright, especially running the site on your pc. The column boxes with the players news are too large. You have to scroll so far to read blocks of players news. 

Having hard time motivating myself to open rotoworld, especially the forum section.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:40 AM, ghostofathousand_ said:

The column boxes with the players news are too large. You have to scroll so far to read blocks of players news. 

I agree completely with the above -- this is re the main Rotoworld site, not the forums.

On my 14-inch laptop, I used to be able to see four player news capsules at once -- great! Now, I can only see two at once -- bad! The typeface size for news capsules is too large -- in fact, that typeface is the largest on the home page, apart from headlines -- why???

It means more info processing "work" and scrolling for the reader. The reader also has to "work" more to read the light-ish grey text, vs. the excellent black and blue of the previous design, which popped provocatively. Zooming to like -80% or -75% in Chrome does help make the player news capsules smaller and more inviting.

Overall, I just don't get it. Yes the old site could have used a little modernization, but not at the expense of one of Rotoworld's key differentiators -- a density of information that fantasy managers can quickly and easily digest, multiple times a day.

I and surely many others took up Rotoworld's invitation to provide feedback on the beta site. As far as I could tell, not one change was made to that beta site, they rolled it out warts and all.

One additional complaint -- they removed the Comment function on the articles. Nothing like engaging with readers, eh? Sigh.

Edited by AdvRider

the text is too light in color on white background making it hard to read. it also should be Bolder Text so its easier to read and I honestly like the old updates for each sport better and knew where to look for new updates as the games get closer to their start times

• Like 2

On 2/12/2019 at 7:39 AM, shakestreet said:

We all been upgraded to premium. Hippie yah

Another let’s make something better when things are AOK. I just don’t get why. ESPN and there new platform sucks, now rotoworld changes this forum. On my iPad I need to shrink the page to read the whole sentence, which makes the writing smaller. LOL 

reminds me of when yahoo sports was an easy readable site, then they went to a new format that takes forever to load and is hard on the eyes and I never been back and I played fantasy sports, especially MLB there forever until then.

On 2/20/2019 at 1:58 PM, Turfking8 said:

reminds me of when yahoo sports was an easy readable site, then they went to a new format that takes forever to load and is hard on the eyes and I never been back and I played fantasy sports, especially MLB there forever until then.

Oh Yahoo got rid of the "nightvision" as the default and the ultra glare white after the rebellion and looks pretty much the same as in the old days for years now.

What I want to know is if they are going to change this forum back to black print for headers again.  This "default" is better than the ultra cyan crap but still not good and I refuse to use add ons and crap up other sites in the process.  it is NOT up to me to have to change by using third party software to read a site. it is up to NBC and I see no changes as of yet.

So I guess that's it? "Thanks for the feedback but nothing is going to change." Got it.

I can't see who is online anymore.

Used to see the members that were online, is that permanently gone?

• Like 1