Sign in to follow this  
dkrocka

Last slot, keep 7

Recommended Posts

cats 5x5 + OBP + K:BB

16 teams

2nd to last pick

 

Definitive Keepers:

Joram

Blackmon

Hoskins

Suarez

Segura

Hicks

 

Pick 1:

David Dahl

Mike Clevinger

Luis Castillo

 

I'm leaning towards Clevinger. He's the safe pick and would at least give me something to build on.

I'm in love with Castillo. He started using a sinker more in the 2nd half more to keep hitters honest and progressively got better and better as the season went on even if he did alternate bad and good months. There's a good chance I draft him 2nd round at the latest, but that's like 30 picks in. A little more consistency in his mechanics and this guy is a top 50 SP imo.

Dahl is kind of scary. I hope the Rockies put him in RF and let Hampson play CF and McMahon or Rodgers at 2B. He has a bunch of fluke injuries in his past, but you gotta  like hitting 4th or 5th in that Rockies lineup with the talent he has. His splits are pretty bad though so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with your analysis. Clevinger is an ace. Dahl has too much risk in comparision to Clevinger. And while we both love Luis, Clevinger > Luis  in any draft this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Castillo

Dahl or clevinger over hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

Castillo

Dahl or clevinger over hicks

There's no way I'm not keeping Hicks in a league that uses OBP. Not only that but he's batting #3 between Judge and Stanton.

I suppose you could make the case that he's injury prone, but he's a guy that could conceivably contribute in all 6 cats for this league. He's 29 so he's right in his prime. No worries about a sophomore slump or anything.

Maybe I'll try and trade Dahl pre-draft for an extra early pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 5:33 PM, dkrocka said:

cats 5x5 + OBP + K:BB

16 teams

2nd to last pick

 

Definitive Keepers:

Joram

Blackmon

Hoskins

Suarez

Segura

Hicks

 

Pick 1:

David Dahl

Mike Clevinger

Luis Castillo

 

I'm leaning towards Clevinger. He's the safe pick and would at least give me something to build on.

I'm in love with Castillo. He started using a sinker more in the 2nd half more to keep hitters honest and progressively got better and better as the season went on even if he did alternate bad and good months. There's a good chance I draft him 2nd round at the latest, but that's like 30 picks in. A little more consistency in his mechanics and this guy is a top 50 SP imo.

Dahl is kind of scary. I hope the Rockies put him in RF and let Hampson play CF and McMahon or Rodgers at 2B. He has a bunch of fluke injuries in his past, but you gotta  like hitting 4th or 5th in that Rockies lineup with the talent he has. His splits are pretty bad though so...

 

keep dahl over hicks and keep clevinger as your last

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dkrocka said:

There's no way I'm not keeping Hicks in a league that uses OBP. Not only that but he's batting #3 between Judge and Stanton.

I suppose you could make the case that he's injury prone, but he's a guy that could conceivably contribute in all 6 cats for this league. He's 29 so he's right in his prime. No worries about a sophomore slump or anything.

Maybe I'll try and trade Dahl pre-draft for an extra early pick.

 

i would.  dahl is 5 years younger, in coors, and i think just the better player (and im a yankes/hicks fan too).  hicks might not even be on the yankees after this year.  he may get a 4 year deal with san diego or something which would kill his value

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 6:24 PM, jfazz23 said:

 

i would.  dahl is 5 years younger, in coors, and i think just the better player (and im a yankes/hicks fan too).  hicks might not even be on the yankees after this year.  he may get a 4 year deal with san diego or something which would kill his value

Thanks.

 

I did leave out some details. It is keep 7 this year, but that # goes down 1 every year. Not a huge point but I'm not as interested in a couple years from now. 

Despite drafting Miggy, Jose Fernandez, Blackmon, and Heyward. I've climbed each year from 7th to 5th to 2nd. Mostly had to do with drafting joram a couple years ago and 2 years in a row. Along with a fan pickup of hoskins a couple months before callups.

 

But I digress, I'm not worried about Dahl's injury history. I'm worried about his splits. He was poor against lefties and terrible on the road. So it gives me pause about a potential gain.

 

I also have Bux but he's a Longshot. Last year, I kept both Miggy and Bux. They were risks that weren't even rosterable.

 

While Dahl seems to have a safer floor, I want the picks to be safe. With that said, Clev is gonna get kept. Too good of a situation considering team, division, ballpark, age etc.

Would it be such a bad idea to keep Castillo? A couple risky keep hitters vs. a pitcher with arguably as high a ceiling? His fastball is kinda hittable but he started using a 2 seam more to keep hitters honest and most of his consistency issues we're mechanics related. The reds did improve their offense quite a bit for whatever that's worth.

 

PS: my hitter this year to Target is Jesse winker on the reds. I really do think he can go 20-300-400 and that lineup will surely drive him in. I also like Tim Anderson on the Sux

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Senzel is starting in OF 

Jesse likely loses abs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.