Carlos Correa

Joe Flacco 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

If I join a 20 team 2 QB league, he will be on my radar.

Edited by dmb3684
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like it, actually.  For Denver.  For Baltimore, not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying not to completely pan this, but I see no reason why Flacco is anything higher than a small marginal improvement over Keenum.   Now they're gonna have to cut Keenum, eat a 10 mil dead cap hit, pay Flacco's salary, and give up whatever draft pick to do this.  I assume the draft pick is going to be a late one, but we'll see.   They should've just rode out another year of Case, and drafted a new QB to groom.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Broncos wanted to trade for a meh starter who isn't much of an improvement on Keenum, they should have targeted Andy Dalton instead. Just as good as Flacco and $10MM cheaper in 2019 and probably cost less in draft capital.  Or just picked up Bridgewater as an FA for free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Broncos are becoming a joke with QBs.

Becoming?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Broncos are becoming a joke with QBs.

I mean, since 2015 their QBs have been a joke (yes, even 2015 Peyton).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are the chances AB gets traded to the Broncos with Flacco landing there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Becoming?

Eh, it takes time to become a joke. Teams have bad luck or just strike out sometimes but Elway has shown he’s absolutely incapable of evaluating talent at the position. They got lucky with Manning. If he didn’t play for them they wouldn’t be in the playoffs for nearly 15 years at this point. You can always say “Well, how do you know they wouldn’t make the playoffs without Manning?” The answer is because this is the kind of s--- they pull at the most important position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Trying not to completely pan this, but I see no reason why Flacco is anything higher than a small marginal improvement over Keenum.   Now they're gonna have to cut Keenum, eat a 10 mil dead cap hit, pay Flacco's salary, and give up whatever draft pick to do this.  I assume the draft pick is going to be a late one, but we'll see.   They should've just rode out another year of Case, and drafted a new QB to groom.   

 

I'd rather have Case for 2019 tbh. They both suck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Eh, it takes time to become a joke. Teams have bad luck or just strike out sometimes but Elway has shown he’s absolutely incapable of evaluating talent at the position. They got lucky with Manning. If he didn’t play for them they wouldn’t be in the playoffs for nearly 15 years at this point. 

 

Has Tebow been out of the league for 15 years already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

I'd rather have Case for 2019 tbh. They both suck.

 

That's where I'm at.  Keep the guy who's four years younger and doesn't cost a draft pick.  

Loved the Schefter tidbit about Flacco being "ok keeping his salary where it is"    No shizz, would anyone actually think he deserves an extension or a raise?  

Fun with Spotrac:  Joe Flacco has earned 147 million dollars thusfar in his NFL career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BrianM said:

 

That's where I'm at.  Keep the guy who's four years younger and doesn't cost a draft pick.  

Loved the Schefter tidbit about Flacco being "ok keeping his salary where it is"    No shizz, would anyone actually think he deserves an extension or a raise?  

Fun with Spotrac:  Joe Flacco has earned 147 million dollars thusfar in his NFL career.

 

Dammmmn. Essentially made 147 mill off one playoff run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Dammmmn. Essentially made 147 mill off one playoff run. 

and zero pro bowls.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always felt like Baltimore didn't cater their offensive scheme to what Flacco does well outside of their SB run. I've never been that high on Flacco, but this looks like a good pickup to me. Real life one at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlakeP42 said:

and zero pro bowls.  

 

Really? Everyone makes the pro bowl

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Broncos are becoming a joke with QBs.

 

but it's not that great of a joke. they adopt flacco, they draft a qb to groom, and flacco mentors the young qb. meh.

a better joke would have been to scour the alliance of american football for the broncos' next star, like christian hackenberg. just look at that form:

christian-hackenberg-aaf-debut-struggle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit amazed Hackenberg gets so many opportunities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Has Tebow been out of the league for 15 years already?

Oh, that's right Tebow led them to the playoffs. Forgot about that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, King_of_Kings said:

I mean, since 2015 their QBs have been a joke (yes, even 2015 Peyton).

 

 

How about the qbs between Elway > Manning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Juke said:

What are the chances AB gets traded to the Broncos with Flacco landing there?

They just gave away half of their cap space...I’d say near zero.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baltimore probably gave the Broncos a pick to take Flacco, yes?

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.