Carlos Correa

Joe Flacco 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, psygolf said:

They just gave away half of their cap space...I’d say near zero.

Why do you say that?

They’re adding $18.5M to the cap, leaving them with about $18.3M after this move, barring any other moves/cuts.

11 minutes ago, devaster said:

Why do you say that?

I didn’t say it...Mr. Math did

Edited by psygolf

2 hours ago, King_of_Kings said:

I mean, since 2015 their QBs have been a joke (yes, even 2015 Peyton).

Outside of Peyton Manning, it's been a joke since 1999.  Not quite as bad as the Jets, but still pretty bad.

2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Outside of Peyton Manning, it's been a joke since 1999.  Not quite as bad as the Jets, but still pretty bad.

Really thought Elway was going to go with Josh Allen in last year's draft...but noooooo, Cleveland had to pass on Chubb

6 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I didn’t say it...Mr. Math did

Who is Mr. Math?

1 hour ago, devaster said:

I'm a bit amazed Hackenberg gets so many opportunities.

The Jets overdrafted him, traded him to the Raiders who waived him a little while after, then he had a brief stint on the Bengals practice sqaud.

He never played in a regular season game. 

I disagree about him getting a lot of opportunities.  He looks like the kind of player that coaches briefly looked at and decided he didn't belong in the NFL, even on a practice squad.  The exception being the Jets, of course.

Edited by Iron-cock

Just now, devaster said:

Who is Mr. Math?

Someone you apparently do not know.

:lol:

Just now, psygolf said:

Someone you apparently do not know.

:lol:

I guess I assumed you were posting without fact-checking yourself yet again. Which is probably a valid assumption. Any team that trades for AB will get him at quite a discount. The Steelers are on the hook for the remaining guaranteed money.

4 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Really thought Elway was going to go with Josh Allen in last year's draft...but noooooo, Cleveland had to pass on Chubb

Seemed logical at the time that Elway would like Josh Allen.  Who knows if he just wanted Chubb more or if the draft day "Controversy" dropped Josh Allen's stock slightly.     

Edited by Iron-cock

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

I guess I assumed you were posting without fact-checking yourself yet again. Which is probably a valid assumption. Any team that trades for AB will get him at quite a discount. The Steelers are on the hook for the remaining guaranteed money.

smh...and what do you think ANY team will be paying AB in '19 if he gets traded & he decides to ride out his contract?

10 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Seemed logical at the time that Elway would like Josh Allen.  Who knows if he just wanted Chubb more or if the draft day "Controversy" dropped Josh Allen's stock slightly.     

At the time I would have hated that pick, but in hindsight I've really warmed up to Allen. Still has a lot of work to do, but is incredibly entertaining to watch play.

Still think Rosen is a worthless turd

Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, devaster said:

Not that I'm worried about your jibe...but please reference a bad # that I have put out for consumption > I'll gladly trade being wrong for understanding. 

Just now, psygolf said:

Not that I'm worried about your jibe...but please reference a bad # that I have put out for consumption > I'll gladly trade being wrong for understanding. 

You said there is zero chance because they just used up half their cap. Cap room can be cleared and AB's cap hit isn't that significant to a team trading for him. Any team trading for AB gets him at the discounted price averaging out to about $12mil/year for the next 3 seasons. With the Steelers paying out the remaining guaranteed money. That is cheap for an elite #1 WR. And considering draft capital would be given up to get him that means savings not spent on draft pick/s.

Nearly every team in the league could afford to trade for AB. Question is do the Steelers want to trade him.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

You said there is zero chance because they just used up half their cap. Cap room can be cleared and AB's cap hit isn't that significant to a team trading for him. Any team trading for AB gets him at the discounted price averaging out to about $12mil/year for the next 3 seasons. With the Steelers paying out the remaining guaranteed money. That is cheap for an elite #1 WR. And considering draft capital would be given up to get him that means savings not spent on draft pick/s.

Nearly every team in the league could afford to trade for AB. Question is do the Steelers want to trade him.

I was giving current "real" #'s...my apologies.

I think his objection was less about the math and more about the “zero chance” conclusion.

As I see it, the real issue is the Broncos have many other more pressing needs than wideout: e.g., reconstituting that entire O-line.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I like it, actually.  For Denver.  For Baltimore, not so much.

I'd be curious to hear why you like it for Denver and not Baltimore. 

22 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I'd be curious to hear why you like it for Denver and not Baltimore. 

Prob because they don't have a half way decent QB on the roster now.

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

They didn't have one with Flacco. Lol! :D 

They obviously believe Jackson, so we'll just have to see how he does going forward. I was listening to some analysts today who were really impressed with his progression in the pocket. And I remember reading somewhere that he has been a good student of the game and has worked really hard to become a franchise QB. Whether he becomes that or not remains to be see, however. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I think his objection was less about the math and more about the “zero chance” conclusion.

As I see it, the real issue is the Broncos have many other more pressing needs than wideout: e.g., reconstituting that entire O-line.

D. has been here long enough to explain himself. 

I said "near" zero, as their cap space stands at this moment.

4 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I like it, actually.  For Denver.  For Baltimore, not so much.

At this point in his career is Flacco really any better than Keenum?

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

D. has been here long enough to explain himself. 

I said "near" zero, as their cap space stands at this moment.

I asked why and you proceed to ridicule and act condescending. You were the one that brought "math" in to the discussion after waving your hands at "math" to begin with. Their cap situation doesn't prevent them from trading for AB whatsoever though. Near zero would be more aptly applied to the Steelers actually trading him. More than half the league would trade for AB if the Steelers were willing.

20 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

They didn't have one with Flacco. Lol! :D 

They obviously believe Jackson, so we'll just have to see how he does going forward. I was listening to some analysts today who were really impressed with his progression in the pocket. And I remember reading somewhere that he has been a good student of the game and has worked really hard to become a franchise QB. Whether he becomes that or not remains to be see, however. 

I'd bet anyone any sum of money that he won't 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devaster said:

I asked why and you proceed to ridicule and act condescending. You were the one that brought "math" in to the discussion after waving your hands at "math" to begin with. Their cap situation doesn't prevent them from trading for AB whatsoever though. Near zero would be more aptly applied to the Steelers actually trading him. More than half the league would trade for AB if the Steelers were willing.

I am not ridiculing anyone, I was giving you credit.   Flacco currently knocks them down to approx 18m in cap space, which puts them in the bottom third in the league.   

Aside from other needs (I assume they might have FAs they want to keep) taking on AB would leave them with not enough cap space to sign their draft picks, even if they were to gave away their #1...which they won't.

https://overthecap.com/draft/

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Correct.  I think Jackson was a nice novelty QB last year, and his game was so unique that he was tough to prepare for.  But he's awful as an actual passer, and when he talks, he sounds like Chris Johnson or Pacman Jones.  That is NOT a good thing.  When he went up against good teams, he lost.

Flacco has had mixed success but he has a Superbowl win and took Baltimore deep into the playoffs on a few occasions.  I consider Flacco to be a huge upgrade over Case Keenum, who is garbage.

So that's why I like it for Denver, but not for Baltimore.  That 4th round pick is not going to solve all their problems...