Carlos Correa

Joe Flacco 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, devaster said:

We get it. You are biased and don't like Flacco for whatever reason.

 

But yes, the above statement/assessment would be correct, if it was meant to declare: no matter how we slice 'n' dice the semantics (guide/mentor/tutor/train) associated with the analogies used to label Flacco (manager/veteran employee/coach/position coach, etc...), my opinion of Flacco, will not be swayed by your opinion. *nothing personal :cheers:

 

Edited by FollowTheLeader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Flacco could've answered with class and humility like someone who is a good teammate would. Kind of like how most other QBs in the NFL would answer it. I'm sure Tom Brady wouldn't have it answered it the way Flacco did, and yet Tom Brady still would have shut it down as you mention.

Joe Flacco answered it like the horrible teammate he seems to be. Having a bias or previous dislike for him doesn't change that.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Flacco could've answered with class and humility like someone who is a good teammate would. Kind of like how most other QBs in the NFL would answer it. I'm sure Tom Brady wouldn't have it answered it the way Flacco did, and yet Tom Brady still would have shut it down as you mention.

Joe Flacco answered it like the horrible teammate he seems to be. Having a bias or previous dislike for him doesn't change that.

TERRIBLE ARGUMENT!!!😱

Tom Brady has NEVER been asked that question. . NEVER. . so your example does not support your point. . .😂

Now interestingly EVERy QB on NE has been asked , what's it like to play behind Brady. . 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dashoe said:

TERRIBLE ARGUMENT!!!😱

Tom Brady has NEVER been asked that question. . NEVER. . so your example does not support your point. . .😂

Now interestingly EVERy QB on NE has been asked , what's it like to play behind Brady. . 🤣

 

Come on man, I never said Brady has been asked that before. Please don’t put words in my mouth.

If you genuinely believe that Brady would answer it the same way that Flacco did, then all I have to say to you is “Hahahaha”.

One last thing to correct you: My example DOES support my point. My example was that Brady wouldn’t respond that way if asked the same question. Just because you think otherwise doesn’t mean you don’t stand alone.

Edited by ThreadKiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

Come on man, I never said Brady has been asked that before. Please don’t put words in my mouth.

If you genuinely believe that Brady would answer it the same way that Flacco did, then all I have to say to you is “Hahahaha”.

One last thing to correct you: My example DOES support my point. My example was that Brady wouldn’t respond that way if asked the same question. Just because you think otherwise doesn’t mean you don’t stand alone.

Sorry your entire post is false. 😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 1:15 PM, ThreadKiller said:

Flacco could've answered with class and humility like someone who is a good teammate would. Kind of like how most other QBs in the NFL would answer it. I'm sure Tom Brady wouldn't have it answered it the way Flacco did, and yet Tom Brady still would have shut it down as you mention.

Joe Flacco answered it like the horrible teammate he seems to be. Having a bias or previous dislike for him doesn't change that.

 

TB wasnt really into helping out Jimmy G when he was here. He just has tact.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

TB wasnt really into helping out Jimmy G when he was here. He just has tact.

 

Exactly. I'm not saying Flacco owes it to anyone to help them take his job. My point is how he answered the question. Like a true douchebag.

Kind of like if a QB hits his WRs in the hands and the WR drops it. A good leader QB won't mention that situation directly and he won't throw his WRs under the bus, instead saying "I need to do a better job with accuracy and putting everyone in position to make plays." Everyone and their mother knows that the WRs just need to catch the ball, but some guys are good leaders/teammates and some are not. Joe Flacco never has been and likely never will be a good teammate/leader, and the way he answered this question helps illustrate that.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dashoe said:

Sorry your entire post is false. 😱

 

It's actually not and you stand alone on that opinion, but hey whatever floats your boat.

Why are you so argumentative, man? I didn't even quote you, but you quoted me trying to spark conflict by insulting my take. Just stop.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

It's actually not and you stand alone on that opinion, but hey whatever floats your boat.

Why are you so argumentative, man? I didn't even quote you, but you quoted me trying to spark conflict by insulting my take. Just stop.

 

 

Oh there was a poll taken? 😂

It's ok if we disagree, you dont have to fabricate information to support your false points 👀

I will reiterate Brady has never been asked that question and it's simply silly to use him as your example of how it should be answered. 

The fact is you are speculating on how Brady would answer.

You could have used Eli and some QB's from the past who may have been asked that question to support your view. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

Oh there was a poll taken? 😂

It's ok if we disagree, you dont have to fabricate information to support your false points 👀

I will reiterate Brady has never been asked that question and it's simply silly to use him as your example of how it should be answered. 

The fact is you are speculating on how Brady would answer.

You could have used Eli and some QB's from the past who may have been asked that question to support your view. 

 

I believe threadkiller was just using a hypothetical of what a good leader does vs a bad leader in this situation not trying to literally predict what Tom Brady would do. 

Chill out dude not everything needs to be a knock down drag out fight. Just suggest a different qb and move on. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

 

I believe threadkiller was just using a hypothetical of what a good leader does vs a bad leader in this situation not trying to literally predict what Tom Brady would do. 

Chill out dude not everything needs to be a knock down drag out fight. Just suggest a different qb and move on. 

 

His example was wrong we disagree, it's not a drag out fight.  I explained why the example was a bad one.  it would be more constructive if you addressed the actual logic/process of the posts and  forego the additional personal lecture.  Your first sentence has merit but your second one does not.🤫

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

Oh there was a poll taken? 😂

It's ok if we disagree, you dont have to fabricate information to support your false points 👀

I will reiterate Brady has never been asked that question and it's simply silly to use him as your example of how it should be answered. 

The fact is you are speculating on how Brady would answer.

You could have used Eli and some QB's from the past who may have been asked that question to support your view. 

 

TB was asked about Jimmy G all the time. It probably wasnt a news story because he gave an awesome answer because he is Tom Brady.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

 

TB was asked about Jimmy G all the time. It probably wasnt a news story because he gave an awesome answer because he is Tom Brady.

"all the time" is a bit much. After some searching I found one interview from 2016 (when Brady was suspended for 4 weeks and replaced by Garropolo/Brissett):

 

Quote

On Jimmy Garoppolo's performance in Sunday's win over the Dolphins: "It was good to see. We got off to such a great start and he was really firing the ball in there and being very accurate and decisive with his throws. It was great to see. It was a tough injury. We were up 21 points when he got hurt, but Miami did a great job kind of hanging in there and battling back, but I’m glad we were able to close it out with the interception by Duron [Harmon] there at the end."

On his thoughts after seeing Garoppolo go down: "It's tough. He made a great play to escape the pocket and made a great throw on the run on a third-down play. The linebacker hit him and landed on top of him. You see that quite a bit in the NFL. It's a tough injury, especially your throwing shoulder. I feel for him. It's a tough injury, but I know he'll be back out there as soon as he can."

On if Garoppolo has a big future in the NFL: "Well, I think that is going to be decided by him. I think obviously the way he’s started, it’s been a great start starting games in the NFL. He’s a very hard worker and I’m just proud of the way he’s led the team. To be 2-0 at this point when two of the other teams are 0-2, it's really great for our team. I know he’ll be fighting hard to be out there this week and hopefully by the next week. he’s done a really great job."

On his experience with Jacoby Brissett: "Jacoby has done a great job taking advantage of his opportunity as wel. He went in there [Sunday] and showed a lot of poise. He has a great demeanor about him. I love working with him. He shows up to work every day working hard. He's very competitive and I know our coaching staff will have him prepared and ready to go for Thursday night if he's called upon. Who knows? Jimmy may be out there. We’ll see how it plays out."

Yep, these are the more "professional" answers. Everybody did a great job, it's great to see, and if not, then it's unfortunate.

Still, as I don't play in a "PPPA" league (points per professional answer), I don't care whether Flacco is nice to kittens or kicks them for practice, I'm more interested in how he performs as a QB, and as a source of targets for his WRs. I think he can still have a 3800-4000 season, so borderline QB1, but I wouldn't be so sure he'll make the full 16 games with Lock breathing down his neck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally, who cares?  His HC backed him up publicly on not serving as a mentor.  Many famous QBs have not offered mentoring services to their backups.  Why is this an ongoing discussion?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

His example was wrong we disagree, it's not a drag out fight.  I explained why the example was a bad one.  it would be more constructive if you addressed the actual logic/process of the posts and  forego the additional personal lecture.  Your first sentence has merit but your second one does not.🤫

 

 

False. Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean it's wrong. Especially when most others seem to agree with me.

You think Tom Brady would give the same douchey answer that Flacco did. I don't as I think he would've been more diplomatic and professional with his answer. Most people would agree with me. Anything else?

Edited by ThreadKiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Literally, who cares?  His HC backed him up publicly on not serving as a mentor.  Many famous QBs have not offered mentoring services to their backups.  Why is this an ongoing discussion?

 

Because dashoe's preference is to be a contrarian in an efforts to create & drag out an internet conflict. My comment was CLEARLY designed to poke fun at Flacco's horrible tactics when answering a question and how most other QBs would do a better job than he did. I used Tom Brady has an obvious example of a QB who likely would have answered differently (with the substance of the answer being the same however, but with better tact) and dashoe somehow thinks that Brady would've answered it the same way that Flacco did and he wants to criticize me because I am using an example that never actually happened (no kidding which is why I said Brady "WOULDN'T" which implies that it had not actually happened).

In short, dashoe is just looking for ways to spark a conflict.

Edited by ThreadKiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

 

Because dashoe's preference is to be a contrarian in an efforts to create & drag out an internet conflict. My comment was CLEARLY designed to poke fun at Flacco's horrible tactics when answering a question and how most other QBs would do a better job than he did. I used Tom Brady has an obvious example of a QB who likely would have answered differently (with the substance of the answer being the same however, but with better tact) and dashoe somehow thinks that Brady would've answered it the same way that Flacco did and he wants to criticize me because I am using an example that never actually happened (no kidding which is why I said Brady "WOULDN'T" which implies that it had not actually happened).

In short, dashoe is just looking for ways to spark a conflict.

 

No need to personalize every post with those who disagree with you. . .😂

You do realize that I have only stated why I think your example is the wrong one based solely upon your statements, yet you are the one consistently making comments of a personal nature  and in a nutshell coming off as a bit sensitive and whiny? 👀

Try to stick the the merits of the posts and less on the personal feelings towards the poster in order to avoid . . .killing threads 🤪

Edited by dashoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, dashoe said:

 

No need to personalize every post with those who disagree with you. . .😂

You do realize that I have only stated why I think your example is the wrong one based solely upon your statements, yet you are the one consistently making comments of a personal nature  and in a nutshell coming off as a bit sensitive and whiny? 👀

Try to stick the the merits of the posts and less on the personal feelings towards the poster in order to avoid . . .killing threads 🤪

 

I actually don't. I'm always up for a logical, mature discussion. Though I prefer ones that don't start with aggressive insults and that must be where we differ. My original post was with regards to this thread and the topic at hand. YOU are the one who actually quoted ME and made it personal by criticizing my opinion and examples. I didn't personalize anything, just responded to you aggressively insulting my opinion. I'm not whiny, just someone who isn't interested in dealing with your behavior or letting it slide.

You stated why you think my example is wrong, false, "terrible argument", blah blah blah whatever by claiming that the example I used never happened. No kidding it never happened as it was a hypothetical and it was CLEARLY represented that way.

The point that literally everyone has agreed with (except you) that I made was that Flacco could've handled it differently by being more diplomatic and mature as a teammate. I'm so sorry that my hypothetical scenario upset you so much you felt the need to use laughing emojis and sternly insult my example when I wasn't even interested in your opinion to begin with.

Again, I was sticking to the merits of the posts/thread with my take on the situation. YOU are the one who derailed it with your aggressive opposition to my take and opinion. Most people would've said "I disagree and here's why..." in a mature manner. Instead you (despite not even being talked to) felt the urge to quote me and use laugh emojis/all caps to claim "TERRIBLE ARGUMENT". And you want to sit there and claim that I'm the one who wasn't sticking to "the merits of the posts"? Hahaha ok.

Please do everyone a favor and stop trying to criticize everyone on here who has a different take than you. I promise, it might actually cause some to start taking your OPINIONS a little more seriously.

Edited by ThreadKiller

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I think he can still have a 3800-4000 season, so borderline QB1, but I wouldn't be so sure he'll make the full 16 games with Lock breathing down his neck.

 

...just some career numbers on Flacco :shrug:

In 11 seasons Joe Flacco has thrown for 3800yds or more only 4 times.

Historically, using my own league as reference (as that's all I've got), Flacco was ranked: 18th in 2009, 12th in 2010, 16th in 2011, 15th in 2012, 18th in 2013, 14th in 2014, 26th in 2015, 17th in 2016, 24th in 2017, with 2018 being a complete dud for obvious reasons. So, according to those statistics Flacco has finished as a true QB1 only one time, and a "borderline QB1" maybe 3 times (14th, 15th and 16th), out of 11 seasons, and over the last 4 he hasn't finished higher than 17th. *couldn't locate 2008, but fairly certain it wasn't top 16, as his 2008 stats were worse than 2009.

Plus, there's Flacco's horrid career TD-INT ratio of 1.5 - 1, and yes, Lock looking over his shoulder.

On the positive side, he's got some decent wideouts to work with, Denver got him a young TE with upside (history tells us Flacco likes his TE), and the Broncos did add T JJames to their O-line.

 

...I'll avoid addressing his character any further, as my opinion of him doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

"all the time" is a bit much. After some searching I found one interview from 2016 (when Brady was suspended for 4 weeks and replaced by Garropolo/Brissett):

 

Yep, these are the more "professional" answers. Everybody did a great job, it's great to see, and if not, then it's unfortunate.

Still, as I don't play in a "PPPA" league (points per professional answer), I don't care whether Flacco is nice to kittens or kicks them for practice, I'm more interested in how he performs as a QB, and as a source of targets for his WRs. I think he can still have a 3800-4000 season, so borderline QB1, but I wouldn't be so sure he'll make the full 16 games with Lock breathing down his neck.

 

I live in Boston. It was a common question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

 

I live in Boston. It was a common question.

 

But they weren't in documented interviews on the interwebz so I call bologna!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

"all the time" is a bit much. After some searching I found one interview from 2016 (when Brady was suspended for 4 weeks and replaced by Garropolo/Brissett):

 

Yep, these are the more "professional" answers. Everybody did a great job, it's great to see, and if not, then it's unfortunate.

Still, as I don't play in a "PPPA" league (points per professional answer), I don't care whether Flacco is nice to kittens or kicks them for practice, I'm more interested in how he performs as a QB, and as a source of targets for his WRs. I think he can still have a 3800-4000 season, so borderline QB1, but I wouldn't be so sure he'll make the full 16 games with Lock breathing down his neck.

 

Flacco has barely ever been a "borderline QB1" throughout his whole career, but he's somehow going to make it work next year? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I think he can still have a 3800-4000 season, so borderline QB1

 

It's crazy how 4000 passing yards doesnt lock you in as a qb1 any more. Derek carr hard 4000 this year and he was a little better than trash. So even if he does get 4000 yards he will probably still not be an every week play.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...