Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Edwin Encarnacion 2019 Outlook

15 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Even if he's back in the lineup after 3 weeks, will he be able to hit like we expect?  I could see him returning too early and the wrist still bothering him.  It's possible he returns but isn't the player he normally is.

Always the gamble with wrist injuries.  Pretty cut and dry injury though.  People were concerned that Olson’s homer power wouldn’t be back when he broke his Hamate and he came back and started depositing dongs immediately. 

Some notification popped on my phone that he won't be back until mid September. Now I can't find the article. Does anyone have any update? 

Boone told reporters today that he feels EE is ready to return “in the near future”. A bit vague but he’s been hitting in the cage and doing fielding and throwing drills so it could be pretty soon. Not sure when minors games end and if they can get some rehab games in for him. 

2 hours ago, Just_A_PI said:

Does it mean he's worth a pick for guys who start their PO on 9 Sept?

It means it is the usual manager double talk.  The translation into plain English...He is getting better and progressing but we either don't know when he is likely to be back or do not plan on telling anyone because we like to keep everyone guessing.  Voit is due back soon, so they are in no rush with EE.  He is worth a stash if you have the DL slot imo...always has been.  You might get 2+ weeks of numbers out of him.

2 hours ago, secretagentman said:

It means it is the usual manager double talk.  The translation into plain English...He is getting better and progressing but we either don't know when he is likely to be back or do not plan on telling anyone because we like to keep everyone guessing.  Voit is due back soon, so they are in no rush with EE.  He is worth a stash if you have the DL slot imo...always has been.  You might get 2+ weeks of numbers out of him.

I see. Thank you for this explanation.

He's probably a week away give or take.  Worth a pick up in Roto.

• Like 1