Sign in to follow this  
Joshmcd94

Courtland Sutton 2019 Outlook

With Emmanuel Sanders’ outlook not looking great, Sutton will likely be the #1 option in Joe Flacco’s offense.

He had a portion of the 2018 season as the number one, with Keenum throwing him the ball. Are things looking up with the new QB, and new system?

I think Flacco will be an improvement over Keenum. 

"Flacco has played considerably under center. Scanagrello offense will have QB under center plenty." - @MikeKlis

and

"New Broncos HC Vic Fangio spent one season in Baltimore while Joe Flacco was Ravens’ QB and knows what he will be getting. Former Broncos’ exec Gary Kubiak also was a Flacco fan, and has mentioned how much he liked the soon-to-be Broncos’ quarterback." -@AdamSchefter

If they improve the OLine a bit, this could be way better than the first impression seems.

Not buying in.   Flacco gets worse every year, Sutton was fine last year for a rookie, but Flacco rarely gets a WR in the top 25, and Sutton's no guarantee to even be Denver's alpha wideout.   

Sutton actually had a pretty decent rookie season (too many 1 or 2 reception duds though after DT was traded).  The biggest issue is that I'm not convinced that he will even be the best fantasy WR on DEN.  DaeSean Hamilton and Tim Patrick both outscored him in PPR to close out the year after Sanders got injured (last 4 weeks of the season).  Both of those guys will be very late rounders, whereas Sutton will most likely slot in towards the end of middle rounds.  I'd rather take the guys that are essentially free, who could end up being better for fantasy.  Overall though, a pretty solid looking, young WR trio in DEN.  Maybe there's some upside to Flacco in DEN after all.

Agreed - it’s one of the reasons the Broncos don’t need Antonio Brown.

I really hope they draft a QB early as well.  Only because i want to see another year of teams committing to a high salaried veteran QB, insisting he's an entrenched starter, and benching him quickly in a move everyone but their front office saw coming.    

FLACCO TIME!!!!!

going to be a lot of jump balls :lol:

Sanders is looking like a cap cut...you have to like the volume and obv the talent, but have to hope they take a decent QB early...

On 2/14/2019 at 10:10 PM, Mr2Saint said:

giphy.gif

Who’s gonna turn Denver into a fantasy wasteland?......”THIS GUY!!!!!!!!”

• Like 1

Sutton hopefully turns out to be a better John Brown that lasts all season. I have all 3 broncos WRS (sutton, hamilton, patrick) on my dynasty team- for any of them to get decent numbers would be a huge score for me. 

With Flacco under center :ick: I think DHamilton, out of the slot and on short routes, and with no viable option at the TE position, leads this team fantasy wise at the WR position. :shrug:

2 hours ago, CharlieWhitehurst said:

Sutton hopefully turns out to be a better John Brown that lasts all season. I have all 3 broncos WRS (sutton, hamilton, patrick) on my dynasty team- for any of them to get decent numbers would be a huge score for me. 

I don’t know - pairing a drop-prone WR (7 total last year) that you hope to play a vertical-threat role with a QB who ranks among the worst in the league in deep-passing accuracy seems like a bad idea to me.  At least Keenum was freakishly good throwing deep along the right sideline last year.

Edited by BMcP

I drafted him last year in a keeper league and traded for him early in the season hoping he could be a WR1 but all he ended up being is disappointing.

Flacco should help him catch a few more long balls as he loves throwing them so there is hope. My only problem is he was unstartable last year and I can't keep him on his production/results.

I don't know what to do with this guy. So much potential so much wasted talent last year.

3 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

I drafted him last year in a keeper league and traded for him early in the season hoping he could be a WR1 but all he ended up being is disappointing.

Flacco should help him catch a few more long balls as he loves throwing them so there is hope. My only problem is he was unstartable last year and I can't keep him on his production/results.

I don't know what to do with this guy. So much potential so much wasted talent last year.

Find a Flacco believer and trade him?  You’re right, at least he’ll have a super-aggressive downfield thrower at QB.

Edited by BMcP

He definitely flashed enough that he looks the part of a guy who could put up a lot of yards and catches, but it'll all come down to ADP.  I feel like he'll get overdrafted as a next big thing.   I can see Denver really struggling out of the gate as well, due to all the change