Joshmcd94

Courtland Sutton 2019 Outlook

To be fair, I think Flacco could perforn okay with some pass protection. He just can't move. 

Our only hope for Sutton having a huge game might be when they face bad pass rushing D's. 

2 hours ago, BearDownBears said:

Had 10.7 points going into halftime with an absolutely perfect game script in the 2nd half against a bad defense.....finished with 11.7 points 🤬

Yeah this really sucked. Still an overall decent night especially when you consider how bad the offense looked but that second half had garbage time points written all over it. Really expected 20 after that first half. 

• Like 1

1 catch 5 yards 2nd half in garbage time = cannot trade him now. Solid wr 2/3 but will he ever have a big game? doesnt look that way.

37 minutes ago, David Aames said:

1 catch 5 yards 2nd half in garbage time = cannot trade him now. Solid wr 2/3 but will he ever have a big game? doesnt look that way.

He's already had at least one, but the offense (Flacco) is a legitimate concern. Guy's still been very reliable and an absolute steal at his ADP. 

Amazing how consistent he is in this s--- offense. Can’t believe he couldn’t get to hundo for the bonus in the 2nd half 😞 dear lord Flacco sucks. If Lock was around he’d be benched 

7 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

1 Reception for 5 yards in the second half wtf??

Kc made adjustments at half. I think they went into the game trying to take away Sanders.

5 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He's already had at least one, but the offense (Flacco) is a legitimate concern. Guy's still been very reliable and an absolute steal at his ADP. 

Possibly the worst display of offense I’ve ever seen from Denver.   I’m happy to get anything from Sutton after that.    Brutal night 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, owenmills said:

Amazing how consistent he is in this s--- offense. Can’t believe he couldn’t get to hundo for the bonus in the 2nd half 😞 dear lord Flacco sucks. If Lock was around he’d be benched 

Tbh I like it the way it is and I'm not getting greedy. Sutton is putting up rock-solid WR2 numbers in my flex. Behind that laughable pass blocking OL, a raw rookie like Lock would crumble and make much worse decisions than Flacco. At least Flacco knows how to get Sutton the ball. He is his go-to guy and favorite RZ target. Don't know if it would be the same with Lock. Imo Lock would be slightly worse for Sutton. And no, Flacco isn't a very good QB by any means. Average at best.

Btw Sutton got at least another RZ target where he broke free and was tackled just a couple yards shy of the goalline.

Edited by frog34
  • Like 1

i'll take the 14 points in PPR but no reason he shouldn't have had 20+.  1 catch in the 2nd half while playing behind is just awful.

Sure, Flacco is bad but that line was getting destroyed all night.  They also had zero urgency last night.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

i'll take the 14 points in PPR but no reason he shouldn't have had 20+.  1 catch in the 2nd half while playing behind is just awful.

Sure, Flacco is bad but that line was getting destroyed all night.  They also had zero urgency last night.

His upside is capped as long as Flacco is out there. We all can see he's a stud. Sutton is a set-and-forget flex for me, but he could definitely be so much more with a better field general. Even under duress a QB should overthrow a receiver nearly as bad as Flacco was doing.

Edited by FitzMagic

6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

His upside is capped as long as Flacco is out there. We all can see he's a stud. Sutton is a set-and-forget flex for me, but he could definitely be so much more with a better field general. Even under duress a QB should overthrow a receiver nearly as bad as Flacco was doing.

Agree - he is a "safe" WR2.  Capped upside but very safe floor.

Joe Flacco's cadence is annoying. " reeeadddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

What a sloth! he sux

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Tbh I like it the way it is and I'm not getting greedy. Sutton is putting up rock-solid WR2 numbers in my flex. Behind that laughable pass blocking OL, a raw rookie like Lock would crumble and make much worse decisions than Flacco. At least Flacco knows how to get Sutton the ball. He is his go-to guy and favorite RZ target. Don't know if it would be the same with Lock. Imo Lock would be slightly worse for Sutton. And no, Flacco isn't a very good QB by any means. Average at best.

Btw Sutton got at least another RZ target where he broke free and was tackled just a couple yards shy of the goalline.

Maybe, but Flacco misses a lot of throws. And Lock might extent drives by scrambling. They are amongst the league leaders in 3 and outs and extending drives probably increases Sutton's target share and probably pads his stats more in garbage time. In the end it could be a push but I would've loved to see Lock come in last night in the second half and at least attempt to do something.

22 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Maybe, but Flacco misses a lot of throws. And Lock might extent drives by scrambling. They are amongst the league leaders in 3 and outs and extending drives probably increases Sutton's target share and probably pads his stats more in garbage time. In the end it could be a push but I would've loved to see Lock come in last night in the second half and at least attempt to do something.

Don’t think a rookie qb coming off IR is the answer any Sutton owner is looking for.   Not in redraft.    Take the steady production and hope Flacco/ Oline play better next week.  They prob will. 

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Don’t think a rookie qb coming off IR is the answer any Sutton owner is looking for.   Not in redraft.    Take the steady production and hope Flacco/ Oline play better next week.  They prob will. 

Obviously Lock isn't available right now. I was more opining that if Lock hadn't ever gone on IR maybe he could've been a spark. I don't care if he's a rookie, Flacco looked like total dog**** in the 2nd half and it wouldn't have taken much to be an upgrade to that

12 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Obviously Lock isn't available right now. I was more opining that if Lock hadn't ever gone on IR maybe he could've been a spark. I don't care if he's a rookie, Flacco looked like total dog**** in the 2nd half and it wouldn't have taken much to be an upgrade to that

sutton has been more consistent and productive with Flacco than any other qb to date.   There’s chemistry and trust.  A terrible half for the entire offense doesn’t instantly validate the backup as a better option for one particular wr.  

BTW-  Lock is eligible to return to practice this week if that’s a route Denver wants to take.   

16 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

sutton has been more consistent and productive with Flacco than any other qb to date.   There’s chemistry and trust.  A terrible half for the entire offense doesn’t instantly validate the backup as a better option for one particular wr.  

BTW-  Lock is eligible to return to practice this week if that’s a route Denver wants to take.   

Sutton was a rookie last year. His productivity increase has nothing to do with Flacco and everything to do with his own development. Flacco is not a massive upgrade over Case Keenum. 

3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Sutton was a rookie last year. His productivity increase has nothing to do with Flacco and everything to do with his own development. Flacco is not a massive upgrade over Case Keenum. 

Who said he was?

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Who said he was?

The part of your quote I bolded you seemed to imply that Sutton's production this year has something to do with Flacco. I think it has nothing to do with Flacco and he'd be doing this with countless other QBs. 

6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

The part of your quote I bolded you seemed to imply that Sutton's production this year has something to do with Flacco. I think it has nothing to do with Flacco and he'd be doing this with countless other QBs. 

If he was playing with your choice of mediocre qb up to this point- maybe.    Case and Flacco are completely different stylistically.   And Flacco trusts Sutton- that pass he threw up for grabs down the sideline was pure chemistry.   Should have been picked off.  They both knew exactly where the other one would be. 

Lock was up and down in limited camp/ PS action-  so that’s not an upgrade in redraft. 
The best thing for Sutton is status quo.  
JMO buddy

Edited by Impreza178

FWIW, I've read that Lock is very accurate on deep throws. Not sure that would pan out so soon though. I'm debating dropping Sutton or Ridley with Mike Williams now available in our league. I feel like William's ability to increase production (boom) is greater than Sutton's. Both are great talents in a poor situation. Flacco looked DEFEATED big time, like when someone in your office throws their paperwork up in the air and walks out. I'd rarely seen a QB give up like Flacco did on Thursday. I understand frustration with sacks, but giving up is unprofessional. 

Imagine how good he would be if he didn't have a bum throwing to him. Elway should have made the team tank for a QB last year.

58 minutes ago, RobertJason said:

FWIW, I've read that Lock is very accurate on deep throws. Not sure that would pan out so soon though. I'm debating dropping Sutton or Ridley with Mike Williams now available in our league. I feel like William's ability to increase production (boom) is greater than Sutton's. Both are great talents in a poor situation. Flacco looked DEFEATED big time, like when someone in your office throws their paperwork up in the air and walks out. I'd rarely seen a QB give up like Flacco did on Thursday. I understand frustration with sacks, but giving up is unprofessional. 

Sutton is on pace for 80, 1300, and 7. I would not be dropping him.