Sign in to follow this  
Fort4242

Dante Pettis 2019 Outlook

One of my favorite 2019 breakout players, Pettis has a legit chance to be the 49ers #1 target next season.  A lot of speculation over AB heading to San Fran, so we'll have to see how the off-season shakes out.  

Additionally, 49ers are not bringing back Garcon next year opening up more volume.  Pettis had some really nice flashes last season, especially at the end of the season.  With Jimmy G coming back, love Pettis as a second year breakout WR. 

I'm interested in Goodwin myself.  Guess you could do worse as a flyer

Pettis was a solid late-season waiver addition and Dynasty stash last year, and like it was previously mentioned, ended up flashing in a big way over the second half of the season. From Weeks 10-16 (Week 11 bye and Week 16 injury included), Pettis was the WR20 in standard leagues and was on pace to be closer to WR15 when his stats are extrapolated over a full season of similar playing time and production.

By the time the 2018 NFL Draft came around, Pettis was sniffing a Top 5 WR pre-draft ranking by a good amount of scouts and organizations as evidenced by the 49ers trading up to get him in the 2nd Round as the fourth WR taken in the draft.

Heading into 2019, the 49ers are expected to have both running back Jerick McKinnon and quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo back from their ACL injuries, keep improving their offensive line play, and will have a full year of experience running head coach Kyle Shanahan's offensive system. With news breaking of the 49ers planning to release Pierre Garcon, Pettis is setting up to be a full-time starter heading into 2019.

Currently, Pettis's pre-NFL Draft ADP in standard leagues lies between a last round flier and undrafted, and he is going around WR21 between the 8th-9th Rounds in Dynasty leagues. With that said, Pettis is almost guaranteed to pick up some steam as the 49ers offseason hype train gets rolling again and people take note of his late-season surge from 2018. All in all, Pettis has the talent and the upside to be worth a genuine draft investment for fantasy in 2019. With the projected ceiling of a solid WR2, any fantasy owner should be happy drafting Pettis for anything less than that, with the possibility still very well in play that he could remain at a bargain price for far less come 2019 fantasy draft season. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ed The Mundo said:

Pettis was a solid late-season waiver addition and Dynasty stash last year, and like it was previously mentioned, ended up flashing in a big way over the second half of the season. From Weeks 10-16 (Week 11 bye and Week 16 injury included), Pettis was the WR20 in standard leagues and was on pace to be closer to WR15 when his stats are extrapolated over a full season of similar playing time and production.

By the time the 2018 NFL Draft came around, Pettis was sniffing a Top 5 WR pre-draft ranking by a good amount of scouts and organizations as evidenced by the 49ers trading up to get him in the 2nd Round as the fourth WR taken in the draft.

Heading into 2019, the 49ers are expected to have both running back Jerick McKinnon and quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo back from their ACL injuries, keep improving their offensive line play, and will have a full year of experience running head coach Kyle Shanahan's offensive system. With news breaking of the 49ers planning to release Pierre Garcon, Pettis is setting up to be a full-time starter heading into 2019.

Currently, Pettis's pre-NFL Draft ADP in standard leagues lies between a last round flier and undrafted, and he is going around WR21 between the 8th-9th Rounds in Dynasty leagues. With that said, Pettis is almost guaranteed to pick up some steam as the 49ers offseason hype train gets rolling again and people take note of his late-season surge from 2018. All in all, Pettis has the talent and the upside to be worth a genuine draft investment for fantasy in 2019. With the projected ceiling of a solid WR2, any fantasy owner should be happy drafting Pettis for anything less than that, with the possibility still very well in play that he could remain at a bargain price for far less come 2019 fantasy draft season. 

ADP is in 14 round on fantasy pros. Expecting it to stay around there. Would be a no brainier off the waiver wire.

I dont imagine his ADP will be anything too high, and he's a great late rounder if that holds true, but I'm still anticipating some kind of WR move by the Niners this spring.  That doesn't mean he can't still break out of course.   I'll have him on my radar, lets just see where the ADP lands as they churn the roster the next few months.  

On 2/14/2019 at 9:21 AM, Fort4242 said:

One of my favorite 2019 breakout players, Pettis has a legit chance to be the 49ers #1 target next season.  A lot of speculation over AB heading to San Fran, so we'll have to see how the off-season shakes out.  

Additionally, 49ers are not bringing back Garcon next year opening up more volume.  Pettis had some really nice flashes last season, especially at the end of the season.  With Jimmy G coming back, love Pettis as a second year breakout WR. 

I’m on this train as well. Barring health and any major move at wr by the Niners and I could see him sneak into the top twenty in ppr.
Injuries derailed the first half of the season and then he spent the next 1/4 of the year trying to fit into a mess of an offense. I believe the niners went into their week 11 bye with the mindset of getting Pettis involved.
I feel like weeks 12-15(week 16 he got hurt and week 17 he didn’t play)are the games we will see out of Pettis next year, especially since Jimmy G not Mullins will be the qb.
Weeks 12-15 he avg
6.5 targets , 4.3 catches 84.5 yds 1td
Ove 16 games that’s 
104 targets , 68 catches , 1352 yds , 16 tds
now I realize you can’t use 4 games to project a season but I think this is the type of usage is what we can expect for 2019.
i think we could see
100 targets 70 catches, 1100 ,8 td

No big name wr left on the market that can kill his value any wr signing will probably be complementary. .  D-jax is incoming. . .😜

56 minutes ago, BRIGUY11 said:
I’m on this train as well. Barring health and any major move at wr by the Niners and I could see him sneak into the top twenty in ppr.
Injuries derailed the first half of the season and then he spent the next 1/4 of the year trying to fit into a mess of an offense. I believe the niners went into their week 11 bye with the mindset of getting Pettis involved.
I feel like weeks 12-15(week 16 he got hurt and week 17 he didn’t play)are the games we will see out of Pettis next year, especially since Jimmy G not Mullins will be the qb.
Weeks 12-15 he avg
6.5 targets , 4.3 catches 84.5 yds 1td
Ove 16 games that’s 
104 targets , 68 catches , 1352 yds , 16 tds
now I realize you can’t use 4 games to project a season but I think this is the type of usage is what we can expect for 2019.
i think we could see
100 targets 70 catches, 1100 ,8 td

That's top 15 WR. I don't see it but good luck to you sir.

2 hours ago, dashoe said:

No big name wr left on the market that can kill his value any wr signing will probably be complementary. .  D-jax is incoming. . .😜

You forgot Golden Tate...

14 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

You forgot Golden Tate...

Good point