Fort4242

Dante Pettis 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I will be dropping and picking up one of the rookie wrs that did well. I can’t play a guy if I think he is in coaches doghouse.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Is anyone holding or should we just be moving on to the latest flavors of the week?

Holding.

Still think he has big potential. Might take a few weeks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I will be dropping and picking up one of the rookie wrs that did well. I can’t play a guy if I think he is in coaches doghouse.

I fully agree. He gone. Even if his snaps and targets were reversed 🙄😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Holding.

Still think he has big potential. Might take a few weeks 

In a few weeks all the hot wire s--- is gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Is anyone holding or should we just be moving on to the latest flavors of the week?

 

I might drop him for a McLaurin (who has limited competition for targets) but not for a Jags WR or AJ Brown. Still a chance he emerges as the #1 WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

In a few weeks all the hot wire s--- is gone. 

Your Sig is gnarly!

 

I'm also debating on dropping him or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Evincar said:

 

I might drop him for a McLaurin (who has limited competition for targets) but not for a Jags WR or AJ Brown. Still a chance he emerges as the #1 WR.

This is what I'm trying to do.  I think Pettis could be the #1 in SF but where it might be a few weeks before he's healthy and playing the entire game I figure I should take a shot at one of the early season breakout candidates.  McLauren has a chance to be the #1 in Washington as their X receiver. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the deal with this guy? Coming back from injury, sounds like Shanny wants to get him involved more going forward and he's being dropped just about everywhere. A good stash for a week or two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 snaps.  Can’t roster someone like that when there’s much better options avail.   And sorry guys the #1 on this team is their TE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quotes from Shanahan below. Definitely worth snagging if dropped or holding for the time being. 

"He's had a full week of practice, and he's had a real good week of practice," Shanahan said. "Dante had a little bit of a setback with his injury. He got some practice in last week, but we knew he was going to be limited in the game.

"We definitely planned on playing him more than two plays, so that was something I was disappointed with after the game, that we as a coaching staff didn't get him in more. That's kind of how the game played out, but that definitely wasn't the plan going in.

"You'll see him a lot more this week. He had a full, healthy week — to me, one of his best weeks, and we need him. Dante's one of our better players. I know he's had some ups and downs throughout this offseason, but we believe in Dante, and even though he's had some setbacks, we're counting on him to come around.

"He's putting in the work in practice, and he's been getting better each day, getting back to a little bit more where he left off last year. Once he does that, I know he's only going to get better."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/128204-shanahan-optimistic-about-49ers-rookie-playing-bengals-pettis/#click=https://t.co/7twx6OHALA

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They planned on playing him more but didn't?  I don't get the above quotes.  If he was injured and didn't play I'd understand.  The way it reads above he could have played more, was supposedly supposed to play more, but only played 2 snaps.  I'll keep an eye on him none the less because their is am opportunity for someone in SF to serve as a #1 WR and this kid projects the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dicka24 said:

They planned on playing him more but didn't?  I don't get the above quotes.  If he was injured and didn't play I'd understand.  The way it reads above he could have played more, was supposedly supposed to play more, but only played 2 snaps.  I'll keep an eye on him none the less because their is am opportunity for someone in SF to serve as a #1 WR and this kid projects the best.

 

Yeah I love when drama and controversy surround a player gives others a chance to acquire a potential #1 WR (like you stated) at a major discount (waivers).

 

If he's available grab him now.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slim pickings in my 12 man PPR.  I picked him up and stashed.  Anyone think he can regain relevancy in a few weeks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Slim pickings in my 12 man PPR.  I picked him up and stashed.  Anyone think he can regain relevancy in a few weeks?

So did I. Think it could be as early as this week. This team is going to need to throw the ball and their run game is diminishing by the day. 

Edited by FantasyGOAT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got him for free on the waivers. Plugging him in right away believe it or not (don’t have great WR3 options). This is a rare time I actually am buying into the coach/player speak. Both Pettis and Shanahan acknowledged he was limited due to the calf and sounds like another week of health should mean he’ll be out there a lot.

I mean, the guy who took his spot (Samuel) is a rookie who had a fumble, a false start, and 3 for 17 in basically a full game of snaps. It would not surprise me on bit to see Samuel’s snaps dwindle from 88% to sub-40% especially if Pettis has any success early. I just can’t help but believe it was a combination of the injury and how he looked/felt pre-game why he saw 2 snaps.

Can’t believe the guy who took him in the 7th dropped him after one game he was hurt in. Crazy stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just picked him up as a FA in my 12 man PPR league. Guy averaged 14 fantasy points per game back half of last season in PPR. He had one bad game, but based on Shanahan's comments, I think the team is still pretty vested in him. If he plays well he can win the WR1 job there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 12:46 AM, Rough Rider said:

Quotes from Shanahan below. Definitely worth snagging if dropped or holding for the time being. 

"He's had a full week of practice, and he's had a real good week of practice," Shanahan said. "Dante had a little bit of a setback with his injury. He got some practice in last week, but we knew he was going to be limited in the game.

"We definitely planned on playing him more than two plays, so that was something I was disappointed with after the game, that we as a coaching staff didn't get him in more. That's kind of how the game played out, but that definitely wasn't the plan going in.

"You'll see him a lot more this week. He had a full, healthy week — to me, one of his best weeks, and we need him. Dante's one of our better players. I know he's had some ups and downs throughout this offseason, but we believe in Dante, and even though he's had some setbacks, we're counting on him to come around.

"He's putting in the work in practice, and he's been getting better each day, getting back to a little bit more where he left off last year. Once he does that, I know he's only going to get better."

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/128204-shanahan-optimistic-about-49ers-rookie-playing-bengals-pettis/#click=https://t.co/7twx6OHALA

 

I'm still not buying the optimistim. I really like Pettis as a player but If you think a player is really good you don't just accidentally play him only 2 snaps.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ukdesi said:

I just picked him up as a FA in my 12 man PPR league. Guy averaged 14 fantasy points per game back half of last season in PPR. He had one bad game, but based on Shanahan's comments, I think the team is still pretty vested in him. If he plays well he can win the WR1 job there. 

He didn't have a bad game. He was"forgotten" by the coaching staff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

He didn't have a bad game. He was"forgotten" by the coaching staff. 

Meh. Deebo Samuel didn't do anything to win the position. Pettis has a good game here and the coaching staff will have to remember him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dropped him earlier in the week for waivers but due to thread picking him back up. options are very slim right now in a 12 team league and pettis got as much potential as anyone on the waiver. might be 1-3 weeks until he produces. but can be valuable as a WR3 being the WR1 on SF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, brosephd said:

dropped him earlier in the week for waivers but due to thread picking him back up. options are very slim right now in a 12 team league and pettis got as much potential as anyone on the waiver. might be 1-3 weeks until he produces. but can be valuable as a WR3 being the WR1 on SF.

Not much more to hope for from someone on waivers than a season-long WR3. This whole situation is bizarre though. Interested to see how this week plays out because Pettis getting 2 snaps week one was one of my biggest surprises. Hopefully it was primarily injury related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

Not much more to hope for from someone on waivers than a season-long WR3. This whole situation is bizarre though. Interested to see how this week plays out because Pettis getting 2 snaps week one was one of my biggest surprises. Hopefully it was primarily injury related.

 

It was and they were easing him in of course.  If this so-called "bizarre" incident had not occurred there would have been no way to get him basically as free.

 

He's all upside from here now.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

 

It was and they were easing him in of course.  If this so-called "bizarre" incident had not occurred there would have been no way to get him basically as free.

 

He's all upside from here now.

 

 

Pettis not joining in on the party of crushing Bengals except for throwing a 16-yard pass. I think it's drop city for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This ain’t it chief.

 

He must be a complete idiot or something because this makes 0 sense. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.