Sign in to follow this  
joebaker23

Pick 3 Keepers. 12 Team/PPR

Pick 3 to keep from the following players: Mahomes, Kamara, Mixon, Conner, Julio, AB (leaning no on him due to questions about his future).

This is a very tough decision for me, as I feel I can pick any players for my 3 keepers and be in win now mode. Thanks.

5 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Is there a value/round penalty associated with players being kept?

Just first 3 rounds

2 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

So, you keep three and you wait until the 4th RD to make your first pick in the draft, correct? If so, what pick do you have in the 4th RD?

I have the 11th pick in the 4th round.

I’d go Kamara, Conner Mixon. You are set up very nicely at RB then and can concentrate on WR and TE after that. 

7 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

I have the 11th pick in the 4th round.

So, too late to get back 1 of the 3 you drop, unless "they" drop in the draft...got it.

Can you trade 1 of the 3 you don't keep to move up in the 4th RD? *someone may not have 3 viable keepers.

Also, have you charted who (beyond the players you drop), may be available in the 4th RD? *will your leagues draft pool be QB heavy/lite, WR heavy/lite, etc...you need the 11th available player to make an impact for your team, based on your keepers. For example: keeping 3 RBs would be a great idea, but IF your league ends up keeping top tier WRs and QBs….you could be in a pickle.

1 hour ago, FollowTheLeader said:

So, too late to get back 1 of the 3 you drop, unless "they" drop in the draft...got it.

Can you trade 1 of the 3 you don't keep to move up in the 4th RD? *someone may not have 3 viable keepers.

Also, have you charted who (beyond the players you drop), may be available in the 4th RD? *will your leagues draft pool be QB heavy/lite, WR heavy/lite, etc...you need the 11th available player to make an impact for your team, based on your keepers. For example: keeping 3 RBs would be a great idea, but IF your league ends up keeping top tier WRs and QBs….you could be in a pickle.

For example if I kept Mixon, Conner and Kamara. I could make a package deal and trade Jones, Mahomes and AB to another team for one of their top picks.

To preface, out of the 6 players I have been thinking of keeping

Mahomes, Kamara and Mixon

or

Julio, Kamara and Mixon.

Have a few months to decide of course. But you can see how this is a tough decision.

As of today, I am in the Mahomes/Kamara/Julio camp; unless you see a nice pool of QBs being available in the draft, in which case I'd keep: Kamara/Mixon/Julio. ...and trade remaining pieces for draft upgrade(s) (but maybe minus Mahomes, as he'll push other QBs down the draft board to your advantage) :thumbs-up:

*with your limited number of keepers, you are really playing from year to year in order to win now, so age beyond 2019 is moot.

Best of Luck B)

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

As of today, I am in the Mahomes/Kamara/Julio camp; unless you see a nice pool of QBs being available in the draft, in which case I'd keep: Kamara/Mixon/Julio. ...and trade remaining pieces for draft upgrade(s) (but maybe minus Mahomes, as he'll push other QBs down the draft board to your advantage) :thumbs-up:

*with your limited number of keepers, you are really playing from year to year in order to win now, so age beyond 2019 is moot.

Best of Luck B)

Thanks for the insight. Let’s say I trade up for one of the top picks in the draft. Do I draft RB with my 4th round pick? (1st-3rd rounds are for keepers)

Really depends on who is available. While a RB does make sense on the surface, if it's a low level RB or a RB with an injury history just to fill a need/void vs a top notch WR/QB, I think you go for the QB/WR and the win.

Mahomes, Kamara, Conner: You'll have QB & RB all covered, next focus on getting a WR & TE to go along with those 3 keepers. 

So if I decide to keep a 2nd RB along with Kamara and Julio... do I keep Mixon or Conner? I think both have question marks that’s why I lean towards keeping Mahomes but yet again puts my RB2 slot at a disadvantage.

Whats the roster construction? you can do conner / kamara / mixon

But depending on what happens kamara is a must. and i think mixon is too.

With the 3 RBs you can probably get Mahommes back if you wanted. Otherwise id go WR 

Edited by bhawks489

8 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Whats the roster construction? you can do conner / kamara / mixon

But depending on what happens kamara is a must. and i think mixon is too.

With the 3 RBs you can probably get Mahommes back if you wanted. Otherwise id go WR 

I know Tomlin has always wanted a workhorse RB in Pitt but should I be concerned about Samuels?

I also have concerns about Mixon in Cincy just because the offense just isn’t good. Hopefully this new coaching change can bring the best out of Mixon.

It is a serious dilemma. Luckily I don’t have to make this decision final for a little while.

1 hour ago, joebaker23 said:

I know Tomlin has always wanted a workhorse RB in Pitt but should I be concerned about Samuels?

I also have concerns about Mixon in Cincy just because the offense just isn’t good. Hopefully this new coaching change can bring the best out of Mixon.

It is a serious dilemma. Luckily I don’t have to make this decision final for a little while.

Is it 2RB and FLEX? 

21 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

So if I decide to keep a 2nd RB along with Kamara and Julio... do I keep Mixon or Conner? I think both have question marks that’s why I lean towards keeping Mahomes but yet again puts my RB2 slot at a disadvantage.

Conner is great. Mixon is special.

Wait on QB and get yourself a Big Ben, Rivers, Wentz, Brady, Garoppolo, etc. late in your teams re-draft. Pair with a guy like Josh Allen as your last pick and you're almost guaranteed a QB1 week in and out.

For me it would be Kamara, Connor and Julio.  Would have been AB over Julio if he hadn't lost his mind.

6 minutes ago, Bandito said:

For me it would be Kamara, Connor and Julio.  Would have been AB over Julio if he hadn't lost his mind.

Does Jaylen Samuels not worry you in regards to Conner and his production?

16 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Does Jaylen Samuels not worry you in regards to Conner and his production?

Not particularly.  When Pittsburgh's main guy has been healthy, Tomlin has ridden him.  Did anyone ever really feel like Bell's backups were eating into his production when he was healthy?  The only time his backups did much was when he was on the shelf.  I suspect that trend will continue.

With the recent Brown news this morning, I have decided not to keep Brown. I also may move on from Conner due to the Steelers offense looking for different if Brown gets traded. Thoughts?