Sign in to follow this  
joebaker23

Pick 3 Keepers. 12 Team/PPR

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Do you have to decide now?

Not for a couple months. However, this seems to be a difficult decision for me on who to keep.

21 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Not for a couple months. However, this seems to be a difficult decision for me on who to keep.

Doesn't seem worth thinking about until after the draft and FA.

18 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Doesn't seem worth thinking about until after the draft and FA.

You’re totally right. Just so many different options I have that’s for sure.

With the news of AB going to the Raiders.... I’m looking at keeping either a combo of Kamara, Mixon, Julio or Kamara, Julio, Mahomes. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

With the news of AB going to the Raiders.... I’m looking at keeping either a combo of Kamara, Mixon, Julio or Kamara, Julio, Mahomes. Thoughts?

I like Kamara, Mixon, and Julio.   

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

Mahomes, Kamara, Julio you get QB/RB/WR filled up by 3 elite players. 

Edited by Rush2112
  • Like 1

Let’s take a deeper look into my keeper situation with schedule release a few days ago:

Mahomes: Week 12 bye, Tyreek situation.

Mixon: Week 9 bye

Julio: Week 9 bye

Kamara: Week 9 bye

Conner: Week 7 bye

AB: Week 6 bye

Before schedule release I was locked in on Mixon, Kamara, Julio. However, oddly enough they all share same week 9 bye. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Don't let the multiple players on a singular bye week aspect determine your decision...you'll have time prior to week 1 kick-off, as well as 8 weeks during the regular season to address the week 9 bye(s).

"Don't cut off the nose to spite the face"

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Don't let the multiple players on a singular bye week aspect determine your decision...you'll have time prior to week 1 kick-off, as well as 8 weeks during the regular season to address the week 9 bye(s).

"Don't cut off the nose to spite the face"

That’s the thing I feel the players are just too good to pass up. Especially Kamara and Julio. 

8 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

Let’s take a deeper look into my keeper situation with schedule release a few days ago:

Before schedule release I was locked in on Mixon, Kamara, Julio. However, oddly enough they all share same week 9 bye. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I like it best what my studs are on bye same week.

I still think you go RBs here.

Julio/Connor/Mixon all scored relatively close in points last season and I expect that to be similar again this season (mixon probably getting a bump with more work and maybe connor down a bit with AB gone and samuels there)

But since its 2RB + Flex, I like RB more since their standard deviations tend to be lower than WR. Julio usually has a few boom weeks and other games 9-12 points which isnt bad but the 15ish is better.

On 4/19/2019 at 11:59 PM, bhawks489 said:

I still think you go RBs here.

Julio/Connor/Mixon all scored relatively close in points last season and I expect that to be similar again this season (mixon probably getting a bump with more work and maybe connor down a bit with AB gone and samuels there)

But since its 2RB + Flex, I like RB more since their standard deviations tend to be lower than WR. Julio usually has a few boom weeks and other games 9-12 points which isnt bad but the 15ish is better.

How much does Jaylen Samuels concern you when it comes to Conner and his production this upcoming season? I can’t make up my mind on Conner.

On 4/21/2019 at 1:37 PM, joebaker23 said:

How much does Jaylen Samuels concern you when it comes to Conner and his production this upcoming season? I can’t make up my mind on Conner.

He could take away some third round stuff but Conner is a much better runner. So not that much.

Update: Due to my team not having a 1st and 2nd round pick in our upcoming draft (due to a trade to receive James Conner late last season) I have packaged an offer sending Mahomes, Conner and Brown in exchange for the #3 overall pick in our upcoming draft. 

If accepted... this would leave me with keeping Kamara, Mixon and Julio and having the 3rd overall pick in the 1st round on top of that. Thoughts?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

Update: Due to my team not having a 1st and 2nd round pick in our upcoming draft (due to a trade to receive James Conner late last season) I have packaged an offer sending Mahomes, Conner and Brown in exchange for the #3 overall pick in our upcoming draft. 

If accepted... this would leave me with keeping Kamara, Mixon and Julio and having the 3rd overall pick in the 1st round on top of that. Thoughts?

I like it if you can't keep them anyways. Would the team with the 1st pick do that deal?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I like it if you can't keep them anyways. Would the team with the 1st pick do that deal?

See my plan was to move up to around pick 3 and utilize that pick and other guys on my roster (Cooks, Freeman, Luck) and try to package one or two of those guys with pick 3 to go up to pick 1.

I feel like with no 1st or 2nd round selections, I have no leverage to go up to the 1st pick. If I have pick 3 however and other players to package, it could make it easier to shoot up to pick 1.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 4/19/2019 at 1:50 PM, joebaker23 said:

I prefer all my studs to have the same bye week.

Edited by dmb3684