Sign in to follow this  
Starks43

Are you trading AD or holding?

I have AD in several leagues. Are you trading or holding? If you're trading, what kind of value are you expecting to get back at this point and should I wait until after the All-Star break? I just can't predict what is going to happen for the rest of the season with the Pelicans and a new GM. Thanks. 

At this point I wouldn't touch AD with a 10FT pole. After last nights injury scare, the firing of the GM and the comments made by both coach and owner, I am suspecting a shutdown very soon. Even if he's not, he is currently on a 22-25 min restriction until the end of the season. We all know they can produce, but you want your #1 option playing 30+ minutes.

With that being said, you are rolling the dice if you wait until after the All-Star break. If a report comes out saying he's shut down, you lose. Even if a report comes out saying he'll be out for X-weeks/days and they will bring him along slowly, you probably lose. I'd trade him and get what I can and I am not expecting a huge return. I'd try and use name value alone to get a top 25 player. Or attempt to use him to pair one of my bad PO schedule/weak players for some depth as that's probably your only good way out.

I just don't see how AD owners come out of this situation unscathed. I mean the dude left the area before the game ended to get an MRI with his agent and told nobody.

If u are trying to win your league, u will have to gamble and hold. U will get pennies for him right now. Even with random dnps, he ll be better than what u can get in a trade. Go big or go home. Really a boom or bust situation. 

Traded him just after Demps was fired... had to take a loss in  a package deal to do it though

Edited by RCRanger03

I feel terrible. I traded for him 10 days ago...

Gave up Tobias and Trae... Ugh. 

At this point, id take Tobias back straight up.

Edited by ShayAK

Keep him unless you can get value for him. Like Joe said above, you'll get pennies for him. I was lucky enough to trade him a while ago for Kawhi and CP3. Good luck though.