BostonCajun

2019 Middle Relievers Thread

Recommended Posts

Marcus Walden has been looking good so far and should be on everyone’s radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rasto21585 said:

Marcus Walden has been looking good so far and should be on everyone’s radar.

They are showing signs lately of using him in a bit of a bulk role after the opener, too, which may lead to some extra wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Owning Pressly is so tough! He is a stud MR but just is getting hardly any work

 

Anyone have their eye on Jacob Webb for ATL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh James is pitching better. Hasn’t been scored on in his last four appearances, spanning 6 innings...11 Ks in that time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Kyle Crick for holds leagues? He looks like he pitched the eighth last night. He was really good last year and has pretty good stuff.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts on picking up RPs like Sergio Romo or Diego Castillo who have some save opportunities but also have SP eligibility (at least at ESPN)? Seems to be a nice competitive advantage even if they aren’t full time closers.. could end up getting 15 each or so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, bgar15 said:

Thoughts on picking up RPs like Sergio Romo or Diego Castillo who have some save opportunities but also have SP eligibility (at least at ESPN)? Seems to be a nice competitive advantage even if they aren’t full time closers.. could end up getting 15 each or so

I use RPs to help ratios with high K poor ERA SP. Like Woodruff might never meet his FIP but if he continues to strikeout at the great rate and I have a steady RP to lower my teams ERA, it works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

back to back games for Reyes Moranto not looking so good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chad Green got called back up yesterday. Struck out the side on 12 pitches in the 9th (up 7-1) against Tampa. At AAA he had 3 appearances, went 7 1/3, 2 runs 5 hits 2 walks 14 strikeouts (faced 29 total batters). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

Does anyone think Carl Edwards Jr will be back in the setup/8th inning role?

 

 

Give Joe a chance to think and he'll over-think. I figure that bullpen will be an unpredictable mess for the foreseeable future. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some real nice numbers here-

Tommy Kahnle (16ip, 7h, 6bb, 21k, 1.13era, .81whip) 9% Fantrax
Scott Barlow (18.1ip, 12h, 8bb, 28k, 1.96era, 1.09whip) 5% Fantrax

Barlow has a save for a brutal KC pen and could be someone to eyeball there perhaps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2019 at 3:36 PM, nlm said:

Some real nice numbers here-

Tommy Kahnle (16ip, 7h, 6bb, 21k, 1.13era, .81whip) 9% Fantrax
Scott Barlow (18.1ip, 12h, 8bb, 28k, 1.96era, 1.09whip) 5% Fantrax

Barlow has a save for a brutal KC pen and could be someone to eyeball there perhaps.

 

Another great outing by Barlow. 2 innings, no hits, 2 strikeouts. Not to mention he came in with runners on 2nd and 3rd in the initial inning. Can’t help but think his reputation will grow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Corbin Burnes is going to be a dominating reliever as part of the Brewers bullpen the rest of the way.   Can see him being used in multi-inning spots and valuable in holds leagues... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Josh James has appeared to regain dominant form over the last two weeks or so. I will be monitoring whether he gets inserted into hold situations.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, whitekenyan24 said:

Josh James has appeared to regain dominant form over the last two weeks or so. I will be monitoring whether he gets inserted into hold situations.

 

Yeah, he has pitched very good over his last 3 appearances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Familiar threw a 123!

First one since I dunno when. Maybe his first game this season.

I am not gonna chck the game log. Maybe he fixed up whatever was making him suck.

Edited by papasmurf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nlm said:

 

Yeah, he has pitched very good over his last 3 appearances. 

 

Putting up strikeout numbers of a starter for the last couple weeks. Matter of time before he gets high leverage and holds. Not sure if he figured something out or what. But I’m buying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any reason why Chad Green isn't getting into games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Any reason why Chad Green isn't getting into games?

He’s sucked for the better part of the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Any reason why Chad Green isn't getting into games?

Yes he has sucked for the season but I bet it’s just the Yanks being cautious of putting him in high leverage situations. They will prob ease him back which sucks for his current and long term value. Poor guy was so dominant and now he’s like a delicate flower that can’t be picked. Sad really. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He’s sucked for the better part of the season?

So they sent him down to the minors where he dazzled, called him back up (where he dazzled in his first appearance), but don't play him in back to back games? But the poster beneath you gave a better answer, so all good.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

Any reason why Chad Green isn't getting into games?

They’ve played 3 since he got called back up. He pitched a low leverage situation on Sunday and there weren’t any in yesterday’s double header so he didn’t pitch. Kahnle Ottavino Britton and Chapman are all pitching well so there’s no pressure on the Yanks to throw him into the fire right away. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Yes he has sucked for the season but I bet it’s just the Yanks being cautious of putting him in high leverage situations. They will prob ease him back which sucks for his current and long term value. Poor guy was so dominant and now he’s like a delicate flower that can’t be picked. Sad really. 

 

Just now, ty5592 said:

They’ve played 3 since he got called back up. He pitched a low leverage situation on Sunday and there weren’t any in yesterday’s double header so he didn’t pitch. Kahnle Ottavino Britton and Chapman are all pitching well so there’s no pressure on the Yanks to throw him into the fire right away. 

Thanks fellas, makes sense. I noticed after I posted that the Yankees didn't use RP's too heavily in game 1 last night and as ty mentioned, used the usual suspects (Kahnle, Ottavino, Britton, Chapman) in game 2. Would be ideal if they weren't cautious with Green after his blistering minor league stint and first really good appearance back in the majors, but I guess we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.