Sign in to follow this  
chud12

When is it 2 much for Vlad in a dynasty league??

12 team dynasty league. Standard cats. 

Give - Aaron Judge, , Blake Snell

Get - Vlad Guerrero Jr  

here is my team 

C - 

1b - Jesus Aguilar, Greg Bird 

2b - Gleyber Torres 

3b - Miguel Andjuar

ss - Carlos Correa, Ahmed Rosario 

OF - Aaron Judge, Michael Conforto, Malik Smith, Byron Buxton

Prospects - Brendan Rodgers, Keibert Ruiz, Eloy Jimenez, Alex Kirkloff, Estavan Florial, Clint Frazier

Starters - German Marquiz, Luis Castillo, Blake Snell, John Gray, Julio Urias, 

rp - Dellin Betances 

Prospects - Casey Mize, Sixco Sanchez, Hunter Green, Tristan Mckinnzee 

The owner wants a ridiculous haul, thoughts?? 

Edited by chud12

Right there that is  insane .  You would gut your team  and not compete for 3 years at least .

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, srf1957 said:

Right there that is  insane .  You would gut your team  and not compete for 3 years at least .

Yea that’s my thought. If I did the trade I go into a major rebuild. 

Absolutely insane offer. I wouldn't trade either Snell or Judge in a dynasty for Vlad alone. Both of them? Out of your mind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No kidding.  Two young studs, one hitter and one pitcher for a Prospect?  Again, the hype is getting way out of control.  I really hope Vlad Jr flops out of the gate so I can watch people squirm.  If you are trading BOTH Judge and Snell for Vlad you dont belong in fantasy baseball.  Im sorry, but thats the truth.  MAYBE one of them for Vlad, but no way BOTH.  Thats not only stupid, but also insane.

Edited by TheTruth024

13 hours ago, chud12 said:

Yea that’s my thought. If I did the trade I go into a major rebuild. 

Why would you do that?  You already have a good and young dynasty team with help right around the corner.  Correa, Judge, Torres, Andujar, Castillo, Snell are all nice building blocks in a dynasty league.  Plus you have some elite prospects that will help soon enough also in Eloy, Rodgers, etc.  Absolutely no need to trade your best players for a complete rebuild, again, that would be foolish.  Your team should compete right now

• Thanks 1

I would say when you start talking about naming rights for your children, that might have crossed the line of paying too much.   I dont know if I would trade those two for Vlad Sr in his prime who was in the hall of fame.   I would likely not do either of those straight up for Vlad Jr, let alone both.  Your staff cant really afford to deal off a Cy Young winner for a guy whose never batted in the majors and yes he has a great hit tool, but I think he is way overvalued.  The owner is smart he is trying to fleece people who get crazy stupid over prospects, but there is no freakin way I would do that trade.  

Vlad's ADP right now is in the 4th round - Judge and snell are both going way ahead of him, so why would you trade a late 1st and 3rd or 2 2nd's for 1 4th?  

30 minutes ago, TheTruth024 said:

Why would you do that?  You already have a good and young dynasty team with help right around the corner.  Correa, Judge, Torres, Andujar, Castillo, Snell are all nice building blocks in a dynasty league.  Plus you have some elite prospects that will help soon enough also in Eloy, Rodgers, etc.  Absolutely no need to trade your best players for a complete rebuild, again, that would be foolish.  Your team should compete right now

Agree completely its not like your sitting on a team of vets that likely wont compete - I mean if you had like Kershaw and MadBum that you were worried about the decline and not much offense, I might see trading vets you think you want to get rid of before they really lose value, but two guys who are young and in their prime?  Some folks when it comes to prospects just cant help themselves, which is what the team with Vlad Jr intends to take advantage of.  

50 minutes ago, parrothead said:

I would say when you start talking about naming rights for your children, that might have crossed the line of paying too much.   I dont know if I would trade those two for Vlad Sr in his prime who was in the hall of fame.   I would likely not do either of those straight up for Vlad Jr, let alone both.  Your staff cant really afford to deal off a Cy Young winner for a guy whose never batted in the majors and yes he has a great hit tool, but I think he is way overvalued.  The owner is smart he is trying to fleece people who get crazy stupid over prospects, but there is no freakin way I would do that trade.  

Vlad's ADP right now is in the 4th round - Judge and snell are both going way ahead of him, so why would you trade a late 1st and 3rd or 2 2nd's for 1 4th?  

Yea I thought it was an assanine price. Just needed confirmation. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, TheTruth024 said:

Yea I was hopping I’d get the full

hell no way 2 much, just needed confirmation. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, TheTruth024 said:

No kidding.  Two young studs, one hitter and one pitcher for a Prospect?  Again, the hype is getting way out of control.  I really hope Vlad Jr flops out of the gate so I can watch people squirm.  If you are trading BOTH Judge and Snell for Vlad you dont belong in fantasy baseball.  Im sorry, but thats the truth.  MAYBE one of them for Vlad, but no way BOTH.  Thats not only stupid, but also insane.

The only reason I gave if even a smidge of a thought is bevsuse I started my rebuild 6 weeks into the year Last year and managed to trade for Whitley, Senzel, Rodgers, Honeywell etc etc.  Essentially getting most of the top 20 prospects heading into this year. I atleady traded two elite ones for Snell so I’ve already prepared to compete this year so ur right the trade is silly, another rebuild is silly etc. etc. thanks for the response again. 

Last May when Vlad had his average over .400 and the hype was unreal there was a trade in my keep forever points league: Vlad and Kyle Seager for Degrom, Hoskins (had the jaw injury) , Contreras. Definetly an over pay looking back a year later.

Judge and Snell is definetly too much to trade here even if he lives up to the hype. 

I'm a very big believer in Vlad, but Judge is proven at the MLB level and he has a ton of value on his own.  To add Snell into a trade for Vlad is just not wise.  If the other person in the deal is trying to get another starter, give them 1 of your other SPs, not Snell.  You have a ton of SPs to pick from, I'm sure you can come to some kind of agreement.  If not, you'll be fine keeping Judge and Snell.  Sometimes, the best trades are the ones we don't make.

• Thanks 1

Take Vlad out of the the one side and put Mike Trout in.  Would you trade Judge and Snell for Trout?  If not, then you dont even consider this deal. If you do and you take this deal you are basically stating a guy who has no MLB experience is equal to Trout in your eyes.

On 2/16/2019 at 11:38 AM, parrothead said:

What? Why are you using ADP from redraft leagues to make a trade assessment in a dynasty league?

In dynasty leagues, sometimes you have to overpay to get what you want if you have conviction for said player. Not saying I would do this trade, but I think sometimes these things depend on the roster your have and if you can absorb a hit. For instance, if you are absolutely loaded at OF and weak at 3B, Judge is more expendable than he would typically be, which makes it easier to swallow moving him. But yeah, I don't understand the above posters reference to the ADP in a redraft league when grading a trade in your dynasty league. That makes no sense.

Redraft league ADP Lorenzo Cain is in the what, the 5th round or so? If you could trade him straight up in a dynasty league for Wander Franco who's ADP is likely undraftable in redraft, would you? According to parrothead's train of though, he wouldn't. "Why trade your 5th round pick for nothing?"

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 9:36 AM, Khahan said:

Take Vlad out of the the one side and put Mike Trout in.  Would you trade Judge and Snell for Trout?  If not, then you dont even consider this deal. If you do and you take this deal you are basically stating a guy who has no MLB experience is equal to Trout in your eyes.

Wait what? How would making this deal imply he thinks Vlad is equal to Trout? Huh?

It's not at all "basically stating" that...

I'm looking to pay a hefty price for Vlad in my dynasty, but even I can't say this is a good offer at all.  Judge = Vlad to me both right around 10 overall in dynasty value.  My thinking is if you can get vlad for 2 players in the top 30-50 range then his upside could be worth it. But you're talking a top 15 in Judge and a top 30-40 in Snell, just too much.

Edited by BackyardBaseball

2 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Wait what? How would making this deal imply he thinks Vlad is equal to Trout? Huh?

It's not at all "basically stating" that...

Actually, since I'm the one making the comparison, it is stating that.   Would you trade Judge/Snell to get Trout?  If yes, then Judge/Snell=Trout.  Would you trade Judge/Snell to get Vlad?  If yes, then Judge/Snell=Vlad.   Therefore, Judge=Vlad in your eyes.  I'm not saying I think they are equal.  I'm saying if any given manager thinks those are both good deals then they are basically already comparing a kid with no MLB at-bats value to the value of the best player in baseball.  

Edited by dzemens

Just because someone is willing to trade Snell and Judge for Trout and willing to trade Snell and Trout for Vlad does not mean he thinks Trout and Vlad are equal nor are they comparing the two by pondering two completely separate trades. YOU are comparing them by providing your made up analogy

If I trade player A and player B for player C, but I'm also willing to trade player A & player B for player D, how does that mean that I'm saying players C & D are the same and that I am comparing players C & D? Hint: It doesn't and you're just trying to put words in people's mouths.

Edited by dzemens