Sign in to follow this  
24/7fantasysports

Value of Draft Picks in 14 team Dynasty...WHIR.

I own the 1.4, 1.5, and 1.10 picks in my upcoming draft.

I was thinking of offering my pick 1.10 for Sterling Marte. I do have some concerns being that Marte turned 30 and may start slowing down...Is that good value or should I am higher? WHIR.

I'm likely taking Peter Alonso and Nolan Gorman with my first two picks and was eyeing India with my last pick of the round. My team is aging and we added 4 prospect slots so I planned on filling the prospect slots with early picks...

I would be all over trading 1.10 for Marte.  Marte will help you for 2-3 years at least and thats how long that draft pick will take to get to MLB.  By that time, you can add more prospects while still trying to win now with Marte.  Thats too good of a player to pass on.  You would be happy if your 1.10 draft pick turned out to be as good as Marte, and you get the return now.  Easy trade IMO

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheTruth024 said:

I would be all over trading 1.10 for Marte.  Marte will help you for 2-3 years at least and thats how long that draft pick will take to get to MLB.  By that time, you can add more prospects while still trying to win now with Marte.  Thats too good of a player to pass on.  You would be happy if your 1.10 draft pick turned out to be as good as Marte, and you get the return now.  Easy trade IMO

What about Freddie Freeman instead of Marte or doesnt it matter if I can pull either off? 

5 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

What about Freddie Freeman instead of Marte or doesnt it matter if I can pull either off? 

Freeman would be a lot better.  I cant believe that owner would do that trade tho.  Freeman a top 40 overall player (if not higher).  If you can get either player, do it for sure.  Freeman would be my first choice.  Seems crazy that the Freeman owner would trade him for a draft pick, especially 1.10, but by all means, take advantage of the village idiot if you can

• Thanks 1

The owner was not interested in my first round pick as he is trying to win this year so he doesn't want to lose any top contributors.

I tried to sweeten the pot by sending my 1st rd pick and Daniel Murphy for Freeman because he has Aguilar on the bench but no dice.

12 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

The owner was not interested in my first round pick as he is trying to win this year so he doesn't want to lose any top contributors.

I tried to sweeten the pot by sending my 1st rd pick and Daniel Murphy for Freeman because he has Aguilar on the bench but no dice.

Not surprised, I could see your motivation to make the trade but I couldn't see why the other owner would be a willing partner.