Sign in to follow this  
The Charismatic Crayons

I need help choosing my keepers

I can pick 3 keepers this season. I can only keep the same player for 3 seasons. The 4 players I am trying to decide between is Trea Turner, Charlie Blackmon, Bryce Harper, and Ronald Acuna Jr. This will be the 3rd time keeping Turner, Blackmon, and Harper. At the end of the season, I will automatically lose them if they are still on my team. My plan is to trade them for =ish players mid-season. If I keep Acuna, I can keep him for the next three seasons. I guess what I'm struggling with is who has the most value for my team this season and the highest trade value? The league is a standard H2H league.

1. Acuna for sure. He is the highest ranked out of the group and youngest. Surefire keep.

2. Trea Turner, Definite keeper, first rounder this year

3. Toss up between Harper and Blackmon. Blackmon is the better fantasy contributor in general, but Harper is younger and has more name value for a potential trade. I'd love to wait and see where Harper signs as if he signs with the Giants I think you go Blackmon, but if he signs with the White Sox or Phillies I'd go Harper. Anyway my three:

Acuna, Trea, Harper.

• Like 1

Acuna, Turner and Harper in that order.  Blackmon is the oldest so I wouldn't be keeping him.  Acuna has the highest trade value, but I would keep him.  You might not get another chance at a talent like him for the next 3 years.  I would keep and try to trade Harper, because his name and hype out weighs his actual fantasy impact.  Turner supplies much needed steals which are harder and harder to come by every year.  Hope that helps.

Edited by manniacs