Sign in to follow this  
24/7fantasysports

Trade Value for Altuve in 14 Team H2H Dynasty. WHIR

Maybe I'm panicking in my dynasty on Altuve so please talk me down if I am but an owner reached out to me for a deal.

Is my Altuve and pick 4.10 for Pick 1.7, Patrick Corbin, and Willie Calhoun even remotely close to good value for Altuve?

What I like the most is that I would have picks 1.4, 1.5, 1.7, and 1.10 in the 1st rd and I need prospects. I could also draft Altuve's replacement with the additional pick and select Nick Madrigel, Jonthan India, Vidal Brujun, or Nico Hoerner. I like Nico the most. I also currently own Carter Kieboom. WHIR

If you really want to know if it’s a good deal, throw out a rumor that you might be willing to move Altuve, then see what the other owners are willing to part with.

I’d stand pat myself.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ncbobcats said:

If you really want to know if it’s a good deal, throw out a rumor that you might be willing to move Altuve, then see what the other owners are willing to part with.

I’d stand pat myself.

Thanks. I'm not sure if I will get to much. I was offered pick 1.7 and Willie Calhoun for Altuve which is why I added some pieces, Corbin, to the offer above to see if it was even close. 

Not a fan of tgat deal, altuve is way too good for that trade... id shop around if i were you

• Thanks 1

If you want to get you ger id look to trade altuve for a pick and a stud prospect or two

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Maybe I'm panicking in my dynasty on Altuve so please talk me down if I am but an owner reached out to me for a deal.

Is my Altuve and pick 4.10 for Pick 1.7, Patrick Corbin, and Willie Calhoun even remotely close to good value for Altuve?

What I like the most is that I would have picks 1.4, 1.5, 1.7, and 1.10 in the 1st rd and I need prospects. I could also draft Altuve's replacement with the additional pick and select Nick Madrigel, Jonthan India, Vidal Brujun, or Nico Hoerner. I like Nico the most. I also currently own Carter Kieboom. WHIR

I don't hate the deal. Wish it was an arm other than Corbin though, but I could see doing it. Gets you out from under Altuve, who may be starting a decline (I never bought into the power, I expect the speed to decline precipitously). 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

I don't hate the deal. Wish it was an arm other than Corbin though, but I could see doing it. Gets you out from under Altuve, who may be starting a decline (I never bought into the power, I expect the speed to decline precipitously). 

The owner who is interested in Altuve offered pick 1.7 and Calhoun. I added Corbin and the 4th rd pick to see how close it is to a solid deal. The owner is wary of Altuve's decline as well so I doubt he would up the ante. I can be patient and try to sell after the season starts. 

Altuve is only like 28.  Baseball has ebbs and flows.  I would hold as this seems like selling low on him.

• Thanks 1

That is much too low for a top 20 to 25 player who isn't even 30 yet. His year looked bad because he played injured throughout the second half, which affected his power and speed. He is expected to be fully healthy to start the season and should be a solid bet for 16-20 homers and 20+ steals with a combined 170+ R/RBI and a .300+ average.

Shop Altuve around the league, I am sure there are better offers out there.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ncbobcats said:

I’d stand pat myself.

This is great advice and I would not be in any hurry to trade Altuve for prospects.  If I was to trade a player like Altuve, I want proven assets in return.

• Thanks 1

Not a great deal, your selling low on Altuve probably buying high on Corbin - thats not a good position to trade from.  Stand pat.