Sign in to follow this  
hornrimmed_rambis

All Star Weekend Thread - 2019

First of all, Trae was robbed.

Second of all, Steph choked. 

Third of all, I think it's time to retire the Slam Dunk Contest. What a dud. Hamidou who? Ridiculous. Every Superman jersey wearer has been a step down from the generation before it. Enough already.

25 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Third of all, I think it's time to retire the Slam Dunk Contest. What a dud. Hamidou who? Ridiculous. Every Superman jersey wearer has been a step down from the generation before it. Enough already.

Skills challenge is stupid. Why do you only get 3 passes regardless if you hit or miss them? Guys winning who couldn’t hit a pass was a joke. Kuzma threw it 3 times as fast as he can to move on. Stupid game design. 

3 pt contest was alright. It’s always an alright event. Shooting spot up 3s can only be so exciting. 

Dunk contest needs bigger names and just better selection overall. Collins was a bad choice from the start and DSJ already showed his dunks look cool except he can’t finish them so what’s the point? Dennis Smith absolutely ruined it. Diallo can absolutely fly and his dunk over Shaq was awesome. Then DSJ missed like he always does so he went conservative. Terrible event. Next year should be Zion, Gordon, Lavine, and Diallo. 

On 2/17/2019 at 1:54 AM, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Tatum hitting that shot from halfcourt before Trae took an attempt at the 3 point line is the type of excitement ASW needs. 

On 2/17/2019 at 1:54 AM, hornrimmed_rambis said:

After Blake Griffin won the thing 7 or 8 years ago just by jumping over the front bumper of a car ( lol ), I checked out.

It's just dry af.

They really need to implement a 1 on 1 tournament with the best players. First person to 12, 16, or 21 points. 1's and 2's or 2's and 3's. Get with the times.