King_of_Kings

Mike Trout 2019 Outlook

17 minutes ago, Blood Brother said:

This is Bonds level stuff right now lol

After looking at his season totals after today's game I had the same exact thought.  No one is gonna pitch to him all year with that lineup around him, pretty sure a .500+ obp is actually attainable and if he just stays healthy he's gonna flirt with 50 hr as he would have the last two years if it weren't for injury.

Sure it's boring to talk about someone we know is good, but it's also fun to realize we very well may see one of the best seasons ever from him this year.

• Like 5

Through the first 10 games of the season, Trout has more HR's (5) than K's (3). Let that sink in for a second...

STILL the best player in baseball and holding.

Nobody is going to overtake him from that perch for a while.

From mob.com

ANAHEIM -- After going 2-for-2 with two singles, Angels superstar Mike Trout exited Tuesday’s game against the Brewers with an apparent injury in the top of the fourth inning. Peter Bourjos replaced him.

After his single in the second inning, Trout appeared to grab his right side after being forced out at second base on a grounder hit by Andrelton Simmons.

Trout extended his on-base streak to all 12 games with his two singles and is hitting .406/.592/.938 with five homers and 12 RBIs.

Rhett Bollinger covers the Angels for MLB.com. He previously covered the Twins from 2011-18. Follow him on Twitter @RhettBollinger and Facebook.

** he was shown later in the dugout with his team mates.

Right groin strain for Trout

• Thanks 1

Day to day according to angels twitter.  Mind you, Clevinger was day to day about 12 hours ago, so pardon the fear.

7 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Day to day according to angels twitter.  Mind you, Clevinger was day to day about 12 hours ago, so pardon the fear.

Ummm...every player starts out “day-to-day” unless its a catastrophic injury like a broken leg or something.

Sigh.  Groin strains can cause significant missed time.  This is seriously not my year this year.

I own no shares of Trout in any leagues but I fervently hope he is okay and only needs to sit out for a day or two to get right. It’s the same in the NFL when a guy like Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady is out with injury... it sucks! The game isn’t the same when the best players aren’t playing.

Get well soon, Mike.

Posted (edited)

4 to 6 weeks? Is that the time frame we’re likely looking at if it is a strain.

Edited by Cesare13

Posted (edited)

Gotta see if it was just precautionary first. But if a strain requiring an injury list stint, it depends how severe of a strain. Some players return in a month or less, while Scooter Gennett is out 2-3 months with the one he suffered near the end of spring training.

Edited by Jub Jub
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

4 to 6 weeks? Is that the time frame we’re likely looking at if it is a strain.

No one knows could have been precautionary 

• Thanks 1

" Trout was seen on the television broadcast stretching and laughing in the dugout around the time of his removal, so it's possible the move was precautionary."

I'll cling to this for the time being. 😑

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jub Jub said:

Depends how severe of a strain. Some players return in a month or less, while Scooter Gennett is out 2-3 months with the one he suffered near the end of spring training.

One last question before i jump....can we assume that scooters was severe and this one isn’t based on the fact that trout didn’t look to be in too much pain? 

8 minutes ago, k.k. said:

" Trout was seen on the television broadcast stretching and laughing in the dugout around the time of his removal, so it's possible the move was precautionary."

I'll cling to this for the time being. 😑

Yeah, I saw that and it put me at ease a bit. Here's the vid

Mike Trout hopes to play Friday after leaving Tuesday's game with a mild right groin strain.

Trout is unlikely to play tomorrow, but he isn't planning on an MRI and he's hoping to be good to go after the off day Thursday. Trout sustained the injury running to second base during Tuesday's game

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jub Jub said:

Mike Trout hopes to play Friday after leaving Tuesday's game with a mild right groin strain.

Trout is unlikely to play tomorrow, but he isn't planning on an MRI and he's hoping to be good to go after the off day Thursday. Trout sustained the injury running to second base during Tuesday's game

Let’s hope. If he’s out I think I quit 2019.

1 hour ago, Stickfig13 said:

Let’s hope. If he’s out I think I quit 2019.

Let's hope we dodge a bullet here. If he is hurt, they are not going to rush him back......... so 6 weeks... hello June!  😨

8 hours ago, Jub Jub said:

That's nice and all buuuutttt maybe get the damn MRI

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baur10 said:

That's nice and all buuuutttt maybe get the damn MRI

I had this same feeling when i read how clevinger was going to "male his next start."

2 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Starting to get clev vibes ....

Why? What has changed? 

Posted (edited)

Position player with a groin strain vs a pitcher with upper back pain? Shirley, you can’t be serious with this analogy

Edited by Magoo
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Position player with a groin strain vs a pitcher with upper back pain? Shirley, you can’t be serious with this analogy

Sorry I meant I’m getting the vibe that he’s going to be placed on the DL and miss about a month. I hope I’m wrong