King_of_Kings

Mike Trout 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, gopackgo555 said:

They need to create another league for him at this point. Just have him face top 5 pitchers because everything else is a joke.

A league of 1 wouldn't be fun for anybody (least of all Trout).  

imagine his career numbers if he was surrounded by a good mlb lineup. (springer, trout, bregman, altuve) (acuna, trout, freeman,) (trea, trout, soto, rendon) (Blackmon trout Arenado story) 

• Like 1

Not particularly relevant but just reading that post and thinking about Trout in Coors - 🤤

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

imagine his career numbers if he was surrounded by a good mlb lineup. 

How about just not a ******** godawful line-up for most of his career?

2 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

imagine his career numbers if he was surrounded by a good mlb lineup. (springer, trout, bregman, altuve) (acuna, trout, freeman,) (trea, trout, soto, rendon) (Blackmon trout Arenado story) 

These things can be counterintuitive. If he was around a better lineup he wouldn't get as many free walks as he does so his OPS/BB% and other numbers may actually be a bit lower. The more traditional counting stats would probably be a little bit better but I don't think it would be as drastic as it may stand to reason on the surface.

1 hour ago, absknicks said:

These things can be counterintuitive. If he was around a better lineup he wouldn't get as many free walks as he does so his OPS/BB% and other numbers may actually be a bit lower. The more traditional counting stats would probably be a little bit better but I don't think it would be as drastic as it may stand to reason on the surface.

50% of his rbi’s Last year was trout driving himself in. If he was playing on a stacked offence he would easily produce 30 more rbi’s. I’m sure his runs would go up a lot to, far from a “bit better” but you right about the free walks and maybe stolen bases

I’m a lifelong Angel fan and obviously what happened to Skaggs was one of the most unfortunate and saddening things I’ve lived through as a sports fan. Not that Trout needs any more reason to be the best player on the planet and he goes consistently goes on ridiculous runs.. but listening to him talk since Skaggs passing and watching him play I think this has obviously sparked another level (if possible).

Its motivation in the worst way but I think he might just have the best 2nd half numbers he ever put up. I don’t know if the team has enough ammo to rightfully play for Tyler and push for the playoffs, but I think the future HOFer is going to do his part to honor his friend and teammate.

I don’t want to “write about his game in progress” everyone can go look at game logs. Let’s just say he kicked off his first AB out of the break in Trout style. 

• Like 6

Trout has 8 homers in his last 7 games. He also leads the AL in homers, RBI, BB, OBP, SLG, OPS, OPS+, TB, and IBB. He's far and away the best player in baseball.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Trout has 8 homers in his last 7 games. He also leads the AL in homers, RBI, BB, OBP, SLG, OPS, OPS+, TB, and IBB. He's far and away the best player in baseball.

He better run away with the AL MVP.  Even with a middling ROS, he's 100% better than the next best player. 

32 minutes ago, slaphitter said:

Just lifted from game in 3rd inning

Right calf tightness according to Twitter.  Day to day and SEEMS precautionary.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Right calf tightness according to Twitter.  Day to day and SEEMS precautionary.

That sounds ominous.

Fourth year I've owned this guy in a keeper.  Feels like he hasn't gone more than a month without getting hurt since 2015.  Best player in the league, but I wish I could smother him in bubble wrap to prevent these constant dings.  

Edited by Overlord

4 minutes ago, Overlord said:

That sounds ominous.

Fourth year I've owned this guy in a keeper.  Feels like he hasn't gone more than a month without getting hurt since 2015.  Best player in the league, but I wish I could smother him in bubble wrap to prevent these constant dings.  

Why ominous? Could be a cramp. If the best player on the planet indicates that he’s feeling something you pull him right away. 

Hopefully they realized they could beat this loser team with their C listers and just took him out since he declared occupancy on the bases this weekend.

IDK if it happens next season but gotta think it's not long until they move Trout to LF and have Adell take over in CF. Trout has been dinged up a bit the last few years and while his defense is still good, might be for the best to get him away from the rigors of playing CF....or at least scale back the number of games he plays CF

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Overlord said:

That sounds ominous.

Dude...he plays a sport.  At the very top level.  Injuries happen.  Especially to guys that go all out like he does.  

i agree hes the best player in baseball..but if i have 1st pick next year i might go yelich.

seems like they told Trout to stop stealing.  Yelich is on pace for 36

Posted (edited)

He doesn’t think it’s a big deal. MRI on Monday....🤦🏼‍♂️

Edited by Stickfig13

32 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

i agree hes the best player in baseball..but if i have 1st pick next year i might go yelich.

seems like they told Trout to stop stealing.  Yelich is on pace for 36

Yelich wasn’t this guy for a long time. Trout has always been this guy. 

6 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

Yelich wasn’t this guy for a long time. Trout has always been this guy. 

so? the question is, is he that guy next year.  i say yes.

2 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

so? the question is, is he that guy next year.  i say yes.

Probably. You can’t go wrong, but Mike freaking Trout....

• Like 1