King_of_Kings

Mike Trout 2019 Outlook

Any speculation on the prognosis for next year given this injury (and recent injuries)?  We looking at top 5 outlook for next year or top 15?

10 minutes ago, mehtavg2000 said:

Any speculation on the prognosis for next year given this injury (and recent injuries)?  We looking at top 5 outlook for next year or top 15?

If he gets a clean bill of health he can’t possibly fall past 3.  I haven’t seen anything to indicate that this would affect his career. I do however think the injuries may affect his willingness to steal bases especially since he injured himself twice in 2 years that way.  He could come right out and say “I am not going to steal a single base ever again”  and id still probably take him third.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mehtavg2000 said:

with yelich and trout both with  major injuries, i wonder if Acuna is the first one off the board?

• Like 1

I still think Trout is #1 ADP but I think it's like a 40/30/20/10 split between he, Acuna, Bellinger, and Yelich respectively.  I'd be thrilled to come away with any of them (depending on what we hear in the offseason regarding any lingering effects), so I'd be hoping for a #4 draft position and a better 2nd round pick more than wanting any particular one of them.

Edited by tonycpsu
Fixed math
  • Like 2

Trout isn't dealing with an injury that should negatively impact his talent, however he has been dealing with few minors injuries this season and not this season only so while I don't believe it won't change his #1 ADP, in 5 cats fantasy league he won't be that better than few other 1st round pick such as Acuna, Bellinger, or Yelich.

I'll personally wait to see how Acuna is gonna deal with his recent slump to end his season, but if I see a comeback from this kid, I do believe that in 5 cats (R/HR/RBI/SB/OBP) Acuna is gonna be more valuable and fantasy-relevant than Trout from next season.

In a nutshell, in my opinion Trout will remain a 1st round pick but not obviously the #1 ADP. Now with all that in mind, I'm more worried for Yelich and his injury than for Trout. And I'd still draft Trout before Bellinger because I'm not sure Bellinger can reproduce the same next season. Well, let's say that if Acuna wakes up from his slump, I think I would draft Acuna first.

2 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

I still think Trout is #1 ADP but I think it's like a 50/30/20/10 split between he, Acuna, Bellinger, and Yelich respectively.  I'd be thrilled to come away with any of them (depending on what we hear in the offseason regarding any lingering effects), so I'd be hoping for a #4 draft position and a better 2nd round pick more than wanting any particular one of them.

i agree with this.  i dont even hate the idea of getting Lindor, Betts, Story at 5/6/7