clarkevii

NEW LEAGUE - Help with Settings

I'm putting together a new league with guys who have been playing fantasy football for years. I've never run a league and could the forum to take a look over it. I am trying a Sabermetrics angle that attempts to reign in streamers. Let me know if you see any obvious flaws or if you have any tips to make it better. Thank you!

Scoring

Hitting: Runs / HR / RBI / Net Stolen Base / OBP / SLG

Pitching: IP / Wins / ERA / WHIP / Kper9 / SVHD

Roster Size

9 Batting (C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, UTIL)

7 Pitching (P)

4 Bench (BE)

1 Disabled List (DL)

Other

Lineup Changes: Weekly - Lock at Individually Scheduled First Game of Week

Waiver Process Days and Time: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday @ 12 PM ET

Player Acquisition Budget: $200 Min Bid: $1

League Size: 12

Season Length: 16 games - Each team plays their division opponent twice / Out of Division Once

Playoffs: Six Teams Make it - 2 with BYE - One week per round

Edited by clarkevii

I think it's a very solid league setup. Usually I do not like IP as a category, but when it's on weekly setting it works here. I love it. 

Edited by CrypTviLL
  • Thanks 1

Depending on the number of teams and assuming its a mixed league using both leagues, I would expand the lineup a little bit - using a CI (which is another 1B and 3B) in addition to the 1B and 3B and then a MI (which is another 2B or SS) plus I would go 5OF, my guess is you are planning to go 3.  Im a 2-Catcher fan, but I understand the rationale in todays catcher landscape to go one. 

Again depending on how many teams/owners may want to go saves OR at the very least have like a Saves + Holds/2 but overall looks solid, nothing too crazy or redundant.