Sign in to follow this  
sngehl01

Dynasty Altuve deal for depth? WHIR

Ok, not a true dynasty. 18 team, keep 24 player H2H points league. 

I'm the one who is debating offering for Altuve. The Altuve owner has virtually nothing outside of Altuve. After Altuve, the next best hitters are guys like Lucas Duda, Daniel Murphy, Michael Brantley, Andrew McCutchen, Randal Grichuk

The starting pitching is Jhoulys Chacin, Kenta Maeda, Hyun-Jin Ryu, and Ivan Nova. 

I'm debating making an offer for Altuve sending something like Marcell Ozuna, Jeff McNeil, Garret Hampson, and an arm that's 1 of Nick Kingham or Alex Wood. 

If you're the Altuve owner, what would you think? McNeil/Hampson are shots to be be immediate contributors, young with plenty of potential. Ozuna is a steady get back but only a few months younger than Altuve, and the SP's would obviously be the immediate best arm on their staff (and starting pitching is very hard to obtain in this league). 

FWIW: Of the 18 teams, 5-6 are already set at 2B with guys like Gennett, Torres, Baez, Merrifield, Cano, Albies. 4-5 teams would just pass on Altuve due to them "rebuilding." 5-6 teams wouldn't even have the pieces to make a move like this, because they don't have the depth to overpay, or whatever hit they take at what they trade away would lessen the benefit they gain by adding Altuve. Some teams would fall into more than 1 of these categories. 

Just want to see what the community thinks on something like this. I'm pretty optimistic on one of McNeil or Hampson being pretty darn solid. I think Ozuna is a real nice OF, and the SP wouldn't be exciting, but necessary. 

Drop a link, WHIR. Thanks. 

I own Altuve in a dynasty. When you look at which players he owns on his team then I dont think it's a bad haul for him. Especially getting two younger 2B's in return. Despite that I would push back if I were him and want a stronger SP in the deal. I think it is a good starting point. 

Help please:

I think you have the makings of a very logical trade. 

If I were getting back Ozuna, Hampson, McNeil, and Kingham, I think I would take that deal. Hampson could be a huge get for the current Altuve owner in a few years. It's a very nice deal. 

2 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I own Altuve in a dynasty. When you look at which players he owns on his team then I dont think it's a bad haul for him. Especially getting two younger 2B's in return. Despite that I would push back if I were him and want a stronger SP in the deal. I think it is a good starting point. 

Help please:

1 hour ago, CrypTviLL said:

I think you have the makings of a very logical trade. 

If I were getting back Ozuna, Hampson, McNeil, and Kingham, I think I would take that deal. Hampson could be a huge get for the current Altuve owner in a few years. It's a very nice deal. 

Thanks guys. 

Problem with wanting a better SP than Wood is I just wouldn't do it. Josh James, Eovaldi, Pivetta, etc. I wouldn't do the deal at that point. 

@CrypTviLL I agree. I'm big on Hampson. I'm duking it out with the McMahon owner about who is going to have the starting job, haha. I think McMahon may get the first crack, but I think it's Hampson's job long term. I wouldn't be shocked at all if Hampson outright won it, but Colorado may want to keep him down some due to service time. I also really like McNeil. If he's going to get consistent AB's in the OF (and play enough to retain 2B eligibility) I think he's quite a get. 

3 hours ago, sngehl01 said:

Ok, not a true dynasty. 18 team, keep 24 player H2H points league. 

I'm the one who is debating offering for Altuve. The Altuve owner has virtually nothing outside of Altuve. After Altuve, the next best hitters are guys like Lucas Duda, Daniel Murphy, Michael Brantley, Andrew McCutchen, Randal Grichuk

The starting pitching is Jhoulys Chacin, Kenta Maeda, Hyun-Jin Ryu, and Ivan Nova. 

I'm debating making an offer for Altuve sending something like Marcell Ozuna, Jeff McNeil, Garret Hampson, and an arm that's 1 of Nick Kingham or Alex Wood. 

If you're the Altuve owner, what would you think? McNeil/Hampson are shots to be be immediate contributors, young with plenty of potential. Ozuna is a steady get back but only a few months younger than Altuve, and the SP's would obviously be the immediate best arm on their staff (and starting pitching is very hard to obtain in this league). 

FWIW: Of the 18 teams, 5-6 are already set at 2B with guys like Gennett, Torres, Baez, Merrifield, Cano, Albies. 4-5 teams would just pass on Altuve due to them "rebuilding." 5-6 teams wouldn't even have the pieces to make a move like this, because they don't have the depth to overpay, or whatever hit they take at what they trade away would lessen the benefit they gain by adding Altuve. Some teams would fall into more than 1 of these categories. 

Just want to see what the community thinks on something like this. I'm pretty optimistic on one of McNeil or Hampson being pretty darn solid. I think Ozuna is a real nice OF, and the SP wouldn't be exciting, but necessary. 

Drop a link, WHIR. Thanks. 

Based on the lineup & rotation of your counterpart, one has to wonder if they are asleep at the wheel or perhaps just have an extremely strong minor league system (if farm exists)?   

Typically, from my experience, its a losing proposition to be on the "4" part portion of a four-for-one trade.

In the context of team need I suppose your peer should at last entertain that offer.  Hampson, McNeil & Wood are solid assets to own, though playing time of the two two-baggers and injury concerns for the latter are risk factors that a savvy adversary would weigh.  Wood's velocity decline last season is glaring, as is the hard hit rate ascension to a career worst 37.9% and the less ideal pitching environment he faces this season.  Personally speaking, I'd need less risk & higher ceiling secondary pieces if I'm moving Altuve (and receiving Ozuna as the centerpiece of the return)

The offer is not insulting, however I would not be anxious to accept if on the receiving end.  A quarter & three Nickels doesn't equal a dollar :)