Cmilne23

2019 Disabled List/Injured List Thread

Couldn’t find a thread on this but it’s sounding like the 10 Day IL could go back to 15 Day IL.  If this change goes into affect does this add value to anyone?  I would think Dodger starters go up a little because they can’t stuff half their rotation on the “IL” in between starts and manipulate the rule to bring up fresh pen arms all the time.  

Is it official and the DL list is now being called the "ill list".  :-) 

Yahoo will change their designation in maybe 3 or 4 years because, you know, they will give the Split Ohtani excuse as in "we have to change thousands of lines of code."

2 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Couldn’t find a thread on this but it’s sounding like the 10 Day IL could go back to 15 Day IL.  If this change goes into affect does this add value to anyone?  I would think Dodger starters go up a little because they can’t stuff half their rotation on the “IL” in between starts and manipulate the rule to bring up fresh pen arms all the time.  

Splitting hairs to say it adds value to anyone. Hard to tell at this point. Plus I think its still 10 days as of now, only change is name.

I think they proposed it, haven't read that they're close to bringing the 15 day back.  Kinda late in the game for that this season.  

At least most leagues got expanded DL's out of it

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know when the IL/DL will be activated? Would love to put guys like Severino or Didi on it. 

Edited by Zeezee

4 minutes ago, Zeezee said:

Does anyone know when the IL/DL will be activated? Would love to put guys like Severino or Didi on it. 

Its team by team. The sites don't move the player to the IL until officially placed by the team. Many do it close to Opening Day. Some of the 60 Day IL guys go on earlier (i.e. Cueto and Manea are already on the IL).

16 minutes ago, Zeezee said:

Haha we should pin this since it will be asked about 10,000 times over the next few weeks. Most teams do not place players on the IL until right before the first game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

can we use this thread to talk about potential stashes?

46 minutes ago, pierceNKC said:

can we use this thread to talk about potential stashes?

• Like 1

I have a player on IL.

If he goes on a rehab assignment is he still on the IL during that time?  The reason I ask is I want to find out when he goes on rehab I will have to activate him. 

6 minutes ago, B&F said:

I have a player on IL.

If he goes on a rehab assignment is he still on the IL during that time?  The reason I ask is I want to find out when he goes on rehab I will have to activate him. 

Of course

6 minutes ago, B&F said:

I have a player on IL.

Rehab is still IL time.  Not officially off IL until activated back to MLB roster.  

7 minutes ago, B&F said:

I have a player on IL.

I take it you've had extremely healthy squads over the years

1 minute ago, jb_power said:

I took it as he has never played fantasy baseball before and just took over a dead team in some league within the last couple hours

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jb_power said:

Never played in a league before with IL.  Always had deep benches.