Sign in to follow this  
MayorMcCheese

10th pick in keep 3 roto league 7x7

I have the 10th pick in a 10 team 7x7 (standard 5x5 plus OBP, SLG, Innings, Losses). We keep 3 players every year and my keepers are Betts, Arenado, and Soto. Here are the players that I think will be available to me.

At least 2 of these pitchers: Verlander, Cole, Snell, Severino, Bauer, Kershaw, Carrasco, Syndergaard, Buehler

Batters: Merrifield, Marte, Bellinger, Bogaerts, Votto, Correa, Mondesi, Realmuto, Khris Davis, Rendon

Was planning to take 2 pitchers at 10 & 11 (really 40 & 41 after keepers), but now I'm considering taking 1 pitcher and 1 batter and hoping that one of Flaherty, Taillon, Clevinger, Wheeler, Greinke is there when I pick again at 30 & 31 (60 & 61 after keepers). Any thoughts on which way I should go? 

I like idea of 1 pitcher 1 bat - that said if there is a run of bats I could see going 2 pitchers but I like enough of those pitchers that I assume 1 will still be there.  

My targets at that turn:  Cole, Verlander, Snell, Beuherl, Thor - maybe Kershaw.    Probably pass on Sevy, Bauer, Carrasco if there were 2 bats I preferred and then go best PP next turn. 

On the flip side Im not in love with a lot of those bats, but I guess it is the 4th and 5th rounds in theory:  Bellinger and Marte would be first two.  Im not taking a C there if its a 1-C 10 team league.   Is Khris Davis DH only?  If so not taking him either.  Given fact you have Arenado, probably not taking Rendon either.  If Marte and Bellinger are gone, I might consider going P P if ones you love are there.  I think in a 10-team league there will be some middle infield value at the next turn.  Not sure how 7x7 changes, I know Votto is a great OBP guy and 1B stinks, so he could be one to look at.  You probably need some steals up the middle, I prefer Whit to Mondesi.  

Parothead gave excellent advice. I'd LEAN towards taking at least one stud pitcher since your bats are so good and the available bats are not as high valued as some of the pitchers.

I think I'd aim for 1 P and 1 B, but to identify which, we'd need to narrow it down a bit.