FollowTheLeader

Chris Godwin 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Are you saying a 26 year old pro athlete cannot get over the flu in two weeks? Just want to make sure that is your argument...that mike Evans has the recovery period of a geriatric 

Not sure how you can claim two weeks. He played on 9/8 and 9/12. I'd love to see how you calculated two weeks?

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

Mike Evans now has 14 more points for the season than Godwin in my 1/2ppr league. Someone had a big game...

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, peleincubus said:

I own Godwin and I’ll say this guy was way off and eating massive crow today. Truly dominating performance from Mike Evans. 

• Like 1

Evans obviously had a great game. But thats more of an outlier. He isn't scoring 3 times every week. If anything it confirms 2 WRs can be successful on this team. They are going to keep throwing. This was a huge game for Evans cause the defense was giving no help over the top. He clearly just beat the corner 1 on 1 the whole game. 

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 6:29 AM, Dr. Whom said:

Over mike Evans and his cool 7.5 point average in ppr? That’s mental

On 9/19/2019 at 10:09 AM, Trifecta said:

Football is very situational.  Evans has been a victim of circumstance so far.  Week 1 flu, week 2 short week and shadowed by Bradberry.  Not ready to call him washed up, but it's also not crazy to rank Godwin over him this week.  I agree with the few posts above that if you have both, you are starting both.

Let's circle back to this after Evans hangs 20+ on the Giants this Sunday. 

On 9/19/2019 at 10:13 AM, Dr. Whom said:

Next week will be another excuse while Godwin has another huge game

Just popping in to say hey.

To be fair, I was pretty far off. Evans went way over 20 points.

I'm just glad I own and can start both of these guys.

Edited by Trifecta
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Evans obviously had a great game. But thats more of an outlier. He isn't scoring 3 times every week. If anything it confirms 2 WRs can be successful on this team. They are going to keep throwing. This was a huge game for Evans cause the defense was giving no help over the top. He clearly just beat the corner 1 on 1 the whole game. 

But can 2 WRs be successful at the same time? Apparently Winston can’t handle that. 

1 minute ago, phisouza33 said:

But can 2 WRs be successful at the same time? Apparently Winston can’t handle that. 

I agree.

Don't think this offense can handle 2 WRs production...

The OC, Leftwich seemed to not trust Winston, and tends to dial down the passes once they have a marginal lead (10 pts or so)...

As proven in 3 weeks worth of data, for what it's worth... when Godwin booms, Evans hungers... and vice versa

2 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

We’ll see but I don’t see why not. It’s still only week 3 in a new offense. Time will tell but I’m not really worried about it yet. After this game teams are going to give Evans a lot more attention. Godwin will go back to eating in this offense.

Godwin was the target (and open) on one of Winstons batted down balls in the end zone. If teams are going to put a weak small corner on a guy like Evans for the entire game ...Arians will exploit that .. 

Anyone watch the game? Was there a reason why he was targeted so little? Don’t think he even caught a pass until the second half. Part of me thinks they wanted to force feed the ball to Evans and Howard after their slow starts to the season. 

There is no doubt Evans is the better fantasy WR, but it is a question if Godwin can be a consistent WR2. I think he can, but we will see. I’m a bit disappointed in the offense, as someone else mentioned they go really conservative with any kind of lead. Which probably speaks to their record. They play not to lose instead of keeping the foot on the pedal. Can’t say I blame them as Winston is turnover prone, but was hoping to see Winston chucking it all over the place like Palmer did in Arians offense in Arizona. 

I think next week sets up nicely for Godwin as Talib and Peters will be on the outside, which means Godwin should get plenty of looks his way.

34 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Mike Evans had 8 for 190 and 3 TDs

That's 2 receivers production by itself

Add Godwin's 3/40, and you get a total of 11/230/3. Now divide by 2

5.5/115/1.5

Doable

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SadFaceHappy said:

5.5/115/1.5

Doable

if it's ez as a division, multiplication, addition, subtraction... We'd all be banking on our draft picks naw?

fact is, your points aren't based on 5.5/115/1.5... it's based on 3/40

What was Evan's stat line on week 1 and week 2? Was it based on averaging as well?

Finally, it's not like Winston will be facing the Giants every week.

I wish it was someone else who cost me the week.. never go against your gut

Just now, Szer0 said:

if it's ez as a division, multiplication, addition, subtraction... We'd all be banking on our draft picks naw?

fact is, your points aren't based on 5.5/115/1.5... it's based on 3/40

What was Evan's stat line on week 1 and week 2? Was it based on averaging as well?

Finally, it's not like Winston will be facing the Giants every week.

True, but what was your point based on?

40 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

The OC, Leftwich seemed to not trust Winston, and tends to dial down the passes once they have a marginal lead (10 pts or so)...

You're speaking of volume.  But there was plenty of volume today, it just wasn't balanced. 

Do you have a theory as to why it can't be balanced more equitably?

22 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

Anyone watch the game? Was there a reason why he was targeted so little? Don’t think he even caught a pass until the second half. Part of me thinks they wanted to force feed the ball to Evans and Howard after their slow starts to the season. 

There is no doubt Evans is the better fantasy WR, but it is a question if Godwin can be a consistent WR2. I think he can, but we will see. I’m a bit disappointed in the offense, as someone else mentioned they go really conservative with any kind of lead. Which probably speaks to their record. They play not to lose instead of keeping the foot on the pedal. Can’t say I blame them as Winston is turnover prone, but was hoping to see Winston chucking it all over the place like Palmer did in Arians offense in Arizona. 

I think next week sets up nicely for Godwin as Talib and Peters will be on the outside, which means Godwin should get plenty of looks his way.

Watched the game and the defense seemed focused on Godwin. Winston lit them up for it.

https://953wdae.iheart.com/featured/best-bucs-coverage/content/2019-09-22-mike-evans-will-do-great-things-when-teams-dont-roll-defenses-his-way/?Pname=local_social&Sc=editorial&Keyid=socialflow

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

. If anything it confirms 2 WRs can be successful on this team

But only 1 of them in any given week?

21 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

5.5/115/1.5

Doable

Lol that's not how it works. At all. 

• Like 1

Zero concern, leftwich and jameis came into this game looking to exploit Evan's 7 INCH height advantage over Janoris, he will not see 15 targets a game, this is an outlier. Godwin's production wasn't due to poor performance, just no reason to pepper him with targets when they can bully a mismatch all day. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Dislimb said:

spacer.png

SO glad...I needed that from Evans

• Haha 1

Yeah to be honest it's hard to get too panicked when you see Evans' monster game. There was clearly a matchup there that they wanted to exploit and that's what they did. 

• Thanks 1