Sign in to follow this  
CrypTviLL

Robinson Cano 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

What are the thoughts on cano?? As an owner, I am getting nervous. I’m really not liking the platoon splits. He is struggling mightily against lefties.  BABIP luck doesn’t show any positive regression. The batted ball mix shows he has been more aggressive at the plate and as a result taking less walks and striking out more. Cano’s swinging strike rate is up a few ticks. With less obp value, increased k’s, and diminished power, his profile is looking a lot loss appeasing. I’m wondering if 36 year cano is becoming a replacement level player in 12 team mixers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jimmymckrack said:

What are the thoughts on cano?? As an owner, I am getting nervous. I’m really not liking the platoon splits. He is struggling mightily against lefties.  BABIP luck doesn’t show any positive regression. The batted ball mix shows he has been more aggressive at the plate and as a result taking less walks and striking out more. Cano’s swinging strike rate is up a few ticks. With less obp value, increased k’s, and diminished power, his profile is looking a lot loss appeasing. I’m wondering if 36 year cano is becoming a replacement level player in 12 team mixers.

Only draft him in h2h. He mashes in september

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dkrocka said:

Only draft him in h2h. He mashes in september

 

Too late

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a bench guy now AFAIC in 12-team leagues. May just cut bait soon if this is what we're going to get. He's been worthless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

He's a bench guy now AFAIC in 12-team leagues. May just cut bait soon if this is what we're going to get. He's been worthless.

 

I play him he goes 0-5. I sit him he goes 4-5 with no counting stats. I feel like he’s still HOF Cano in there, but he has been totally worthless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I haven't seen really any reason for optimism.  He looks to be completely droppable even in 12 team leagues now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would anyone be remotely shocked to find out he’s 40?  Looks old and washed.  Mariners could of got the Mets medical doctor in return and dumped Cano’s whole salary with Diaz and it would be an enormous win.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Would anyone be remotely shocked to find out he’s 40?  Looks old and washed.  Mariners could of got the Mets medical doctor in return and dumped Cano’s whole salary with Diaz and it would be an enormous win.

Him and Pujols are staring in the next 'Bucket List' movie...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow - I'm still holding but I don't see that lasting forever. I'm fully aware he's a roider - maybe there was a reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that pitch that hit him in the hand a couple of weeks ago is really bothering him. I actually think he got hit by pitches twice in like a 3 day span a couple of weeks ago. MRI was negative, but I think it’s really throwing off his game and hurting his grip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

This guy's getting slaughtered right now by the NY fans and media.

Good. He's been more proficient at injuring teammates (Conforto)/opposing players (Alfaro) than the game of baseball.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PEDs are gone (well they say so) he got his money. he is not worth owning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cano and Votto are worthless now, they both really suck at this point, those long term deals are looking really stupid and 3 more guys got signed to 10 plus years this year, these GM's never learn but the contracts will be somebody else's problem because these current GM's won't be around

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Cano and Votto are worthless now, they both really suck at this point, those long term deals are looking really stupid and 3 more guys got signed to 10 plus years this year, these GM's never learn but the contracts will be somebody else's problem because these current GM's won't be around

Eh, but if they dont get signed to huge deals people bitch that owners are keeping "the poor players" down. And then there is the union and media complaining that people arent getting huge deals, forgetting all the trash ones that are out there.

Didnt the angels just finish paying Hamilton?!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Cano and Votto are worthless now, they both really suck at this point, those long term deals are looking really stupid and 3 more guys got signed to 10 plus years this year, these GM's never learn but the contracts will be somebody else's problem because these current GM's won't be around

 

I been saying these long term deals are no good for a long time. however the team, players, coaches, fan gear, ect are making massive amount of money from it. we look at this stuff because money actually means something to us. these people have so much they can do this. they pay these people so much in the last decade or so because pro-sports is probably rigged.

Edited by mlb2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 7:46 PM, Dislimb said:

I think that pitch that hit him in the hand a couple of weeks ago is really bothering him. I actually think he got hit by pitches twice in like a 3 day span a couple of weeks ago. MRI was negative, but I think it’s really throwing off his game and hurting his grip.

I possibly could buy this, but the obvious counter-argument is he wasn't doing much before the HBPs anyway. He was hot in ST, had a good opening day and then disappeared essentially.

That's my recollection anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real argument is if he gets 3000 hits is he a hall of famer?  I’d argue no.  His postseason track record sucks, don’t really give 2 squirts of piss about PEDs but for a guy who was on brink that could seal him as no.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

The real argument is if he gets 3000 hits is he a hall of famer?  I’d argue no.  His postseason track record sucks, don’t really give 2 squirts of piss about PEDs but for a guy who was on brink that could seal him as no.  

It's up to him. If he continues his current trajectory and flames out/gets run out of town by the Mets and then continues to suck wherever he gets dealt/signs I think his own play this year docks him the credibility remaining to get him to the Coop.

I agree with you about PEDs but right now it appears he was taking them for a reason, which per se DQ's you from the Hall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news Mets fans! Cano will have plenty of time to turn it around. He’s yours until the end of 2023. Let that sink in a bit. If only they would have had a player making the bare minimum coming off of 3 WAR in half a season playing second base available to them.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

The real argument is if he gets 3000 hits is he a hall of famer?  I’d argue no.  His postseason track record sucks, don’t really give 2 squirts of piss about PEDs but for a guy who was on brink that could seal him as no.  

 

By the time he's on the ballot, I bet the stance against PED'ers will be nearly non existent.  Ortiz will change all of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

The real argument is if he gets 3000 hits is he a hall of famer?  I’d argue no.  His postseason track record sucks, don’t really give 2 squirts of piss about PEDs but for a guy who was on brink that could seal him as no.  

He’s a 60ish WAR guy that plays second base. He’s already a Hall of Famer imo. He’s already surpassed Ryne Sandberg in bWAR and is right on his heels in fWAR.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dislimb said:

He’s a 60ish WAR guy that plays second base. He’s already a Hall of Famer imo. He’s already surpassed Ryne Sandberg in bWAR and is right on his heels in fWAR.

 

so Bonds should be in the HOF and A-Rod too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.