street sharks

Wilson Ramos 2019 Outlook

9 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

He's been absolutely awful this year.  I seem to have a knack for drafting disappointing catchers.  Last year it was Contreras.  Now Conteraras is Johnny Bench.  Maybe Ramos will be good again next year.

same I had Contreras last year, super frustrating. even worse seeing him explode this year. That being said,  I say we give Ramos a couple more weeks before we proceed to look for other options.

Why does it seem every backup catchers is hitting better than most starting catcher?

2 hours ago, B&F said:

Why does it seem every backup catchers is hitting better than most starting catcher?

Honestly, this season is backwards/upside down.  There are several mediocre players blowing away what some stars should be doing right now.  The catching position, as bad as it usually is, has not been immune to the weirdness of the 2019 season.

I drafted Ramos thinking at the very least I'd have a solid set and forget catcher.  Even if he's not the #1 guy, it's nice to not have to worry about streaming that position and such.  He started off the season great, even contributing on his days off when he'd come up and pinch hit and drive in a run.  Has done very little for a while now, which really doesn't make any sense as he's been one of the most reliable catching options for several years now.  Never really challenge for the top spot, but still, quite reliable.

I moved on via trade, but I still suggest people stick with him for at least a little while longer.  There's really no good explanation for why he's not producing right now, especially hitting in the middle of a decent enough lineup for most of the season.

I know if I'll drop him I'll regret it once he gets hot. He's getting nearly every day AB and has the upside, which is really all you can ask for in a catcher. I'm still rolling him out there. You could find a backup to bench Ramos in the meantime, but do you really want to be the guy who carries two kickers catchers? Lolol

15 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I know if I'll drop him I'll regret it once he gets hot. He's getting nearly every day AB and has the upside, which is really all you can ask for in a catcher. I'm still rolling him out there. You could find a backup to bench Ramos in the meantime, but do you really want to be the guy who carries two kickers catchers? Lolol

I always carry two catchers.  I just usually don't have one crash and burn like this so I effectively only have one catcher right now on two teams.  Feels weird.  (And what do kickers and catchers have to do with each other any more than 1B and kickers or 2B and kickers etc).

15 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I always carry two catchers.  I just usually don't have one crash and burn like this so I effectively only have one catcher right now on two teams.  Feels weird.  (And what do kickers and catchers have to do with each other any more than 1B and kickers or 2B and kickers etc).

Yeah someone like a Garver is nice to have as a backup if you can afford the roster spots - doesn't get the PT we would like, but usually produces on the days he is in the lineup.

Posted (edited)

Why is this Thomas Nido nobody getting so many starts? He's an awful hitter and his pitchers are getting rocked anyways. Ramos has literally started two games in 7 days. They spent all that money on him to pitch hit or sit him 4 times a week? Dude hit .306 last year lol

Edited by MrPositive

32 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Why is this Thomas Nido nobody getting so many starts? He's an awful hitter and his pitchers are getting rocked anyways. Ramos has literally started two games in 7 days. They spent all that money on him to pitch hit or sit him 4 times a week? Dude hit .306 last year lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.amazinavenue.com/platform/amp/2019/5/16/18623828/new-york-mets-catcher-wilson-ramos-brodie-van-wagenen-framing-launch-angle-caught-stealing

• Sad 1

Showing signs of life for the last 10 days or so.

Hoping him to finish the season near the .800 OPS mark.

Still see him as the top 3~5 C ROS.