street sharks

Wilson Ramos 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

He's been absolutely awful this year.  I seem to have a knack for drafting disappointing catchers.  Last year it was Contreras.  Now Conteraras is Johnny Bench.  Maybe Ramos will be good again next year.

same I had Contreras last year, super frustrating. even worse seeing him explode this year. That being said,  I say we give Ramos a couple more weeks before we proceed to look for other options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does it seem every backup catchers is hitting better than most starting catcher?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B&F said:

Why does it seem every backup catchers is hitting better than most starting catcher?

Honestly, this season is backwards/upside down.  There are several mediocre players blowing away what some stars should be doing right now.  The catching position, as bad as it usually is, has not been immune to the weirdness of the 2019 season.

I drafted Ramos thinking at the very least I'd have a solid set and forget catcher.  Even if he's not the #1 guy, it's nice to not have to worry about streaming that position and such.  He started off the season great, even contributing on his days off when he'd come up and pinch hit and drive in a run.  Has done very little for a while now, which really doesn't make any sense as he's been one of the most reliable catching options for several years now.  Never really challenge for the top spot, but still, quite reliable.

I moved on via trade, but I still suggest people stick with him for at least a little while longer.  There's really no good explanation for why he's not producing right now, especially hitting in the middle of a decent enough lineup for most of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know if I'll drop him I'll regret it once he gets hot. He's getting nearly every day AB and has the upside, which is really all you can ask for in a catcher. I'm still rolling him out there. You could find a backup to bench Ramos in the meantime, but do you really want to be the guy who carries two kickers catchers? Lolol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, street sharks said:

I know if I'll drop him I'll regret it once he gets hot. He's getting nearly every day AB and has the upside, which is really all you can ask for in a catcher. I'm still rolling him out there. You could find a backup to bench Ramos in the meantime, but do you really want to be the guy who carries two kickers catchers? Lolol

I always carry two catchers.  I just usually don't have one crash and burn like this so I effectively only have one catcher right now on two teams.  Feels weird.  (And what do kickers and catchers have to do with each other any more than 1B and kickers or 2B and kickers etc).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I always carry two catchers.  I just usually don't have one crash and burn like this so I effectively only have one catcher right now on two teams.  Feels weird.  (And what do kickers and catchers have to do with each other any more than 1B and kickers or 2B and kickers etc).

Yeah someone like a Garver is nice to have as a backup if you can afford the roster spots - doesn't get the PT we would like, but usually produces on the days he is in the lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Why is this Thomas Nido nobody getting so many starts? He's an awful hitter and his pitchers are getting rocked anyways. Ramos has literally started two games in 7 days. They spent all that money on him to pitch hit or sit him 4 times a week? Dude hit .306 last year lol

Edited by MrPositive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Why is this Thomas Nido nobody getting so many starts? He's an awful hitter and his pitchers are getting rocked anyways. Ramos has literally started two games in 7 days. They spent all that money on him to pitch hit or sit him 4 times a week? Dude hit .306 last year lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.amazinavenue.com/platform/amp/2019/5/16/18623828/new-york-mets-catcher-wilson-ramos-brodie-van-wagenen-framing-launch-angle-caught-stealing

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Showing signs of life for the last 10 days or so.

 

Hoping him to finish the season near the .800 OPS mark.

 

Still see him as the top 3~5 C ROS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.