Sign in to follow this  
tsh00k

Tyler O'Neill 2019 Outlook

A couple more days of raking I may have to re think the situation

12 minutes ago, Monkeyman74 said:

A couple more days of raking I may have to re think the situation

Why? 42% k rate, 5% bb rate. 23% swing strike %. 41% chase rate, 57% contact rate. Classic swing hard in case you hit it guy. Every now and then he’ll get lucky and make contact and hit it far, but he’s not a good hitter.

On 7/14/2019 at 7:05 AM, meh2 said:

Why? 42% k rate, 5% bb rate. 23% swing strike %. 41% chase rate, 57% contact rate. Classic swing hard in case you hit it guy. Every now and then he’ll get lucky and make contact and hit it far, but he’s not a good hitter.

He's getting lucky a lot. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SkinsNoles21 said:

He's getting lucky a lot. 

Exactly.  Obviously it's hard to argue with the metrics, but it's also hard to argue when a guy is going up there and having big game after big game.  If you ignored him because of him supposedly not being a very good hitter, then you've missed out on some great production (if he keeps it up through the rest of the week, he's an almost lock to be NL Player of the Week).

Will he keep doing this?  Of course not, but I've enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Exactly.  Obviously it's hard to argue with the metrics, but it's also hard to argue when a guy is going up there and having big game after big game.  If you ignored him because of him supposedly not being a very good hitter, then you've missed out on some great production (if he keeps it up through the rest of the week, he's an almost lock to be NL Player of the Week).

Will he keep doing this?  Of course not, but I've enjoyed it.

He reminds me a lot of Khris Davis. Don't count on .270, or even .250. But he can hit and hit for power. Going to be pretty streaky and probably very frustrating to own at times, but I think he is a 30+ HR bat as a full time player.

39 minutes ago, Athebaby7 said:

O’Neill reminds me of Schwarber but with O’Neill having a higher ceiling...? 

O'Neill swings at everything. never BB's. Schwarber BB's a ton. They're nothing alike. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mexi1024 said:

O'Neill swings at everything. never BB's. Schwarber BB's a ton. They're nothing alike. 

Ehhh Schwarber is 11th in the league in K’s currently. He does strike out a lot. He’s not elite in the BB/K ratio by any means. I’m just going off avg, hr, r, rbi, and SB. I can see them being very similar.

1 hour ago, dicka24 said:

Buyer beware with this guy.

Well, that's optimistic...

Really no reason not to have already added him.  Even if he falls off a cliff eventually, there has already been some very nice production to have been had.  Like I said already, I've enjoyed it.  You don't always have to be looking very far ahead.

• Like 1

He will probably go cold the next two days,  then he is going to get hot again....Let's see what happens. Yeah still striking out too much but he's down to 28.6 in  42 plate appearances compared to the 46.2% earlier in the season. Sample size is small, but it is improvement, regardless. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, dicka24 said:

Buyer beware with this guy.

Fantasy in general is also about riding the hot hand (bat) in this case. He shouldve been a speculative add when Ozuna hit the IL. The power potential/upside is too great not to. People who decided to start him this week have profited already. If he goes cold, drop for the next hot bat (Alex Dickerson). 

Waiting to see more results/data, by the time you pick him up, his hot streak will probably be over.

Edited by Gryfter