FollowTheLeader

2019 IDP Rankings/Talk

Okereke getting some run with the 1s with positive feedback.  Might be worth moving up that list a bit, though he’ll still be playing with a tackle whore if he does crack the starters.  Ought to be interesting to see how those numbers shake out, but Leonard owners may not be happy.

I inherited a Dynasty/IDP team; 2 guys have 0.0 in the Yahoo predictions, and I will probably have to drop either of them. Still, looking at the depth charts and the little news I can find, I am not sure they are definite drops yet. Can anyone comment?

1) Wesley Woodyard, Ten LB. Ourlads puts him first in the LILB depth chart; he's 33 though.

2) Sheldon Rankins, NO DT; 3rd in the depth chart and on PUP (achilles), so this seems a clearer case. On the other hand, he is 25 and the coaches expect him to be back soon.

Any opinions? Drop either, both or none?

2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I inherited a Dynasty/IDP team; 2 guys have 0.0 in the Yahoo predictions, and I will probably have to drop either of them. Still, looking at the depth charts and the little news I can find, I am not sure they are definite drops yet. Can anyone comment?

1) Wesley Woodyard, Ten LB. Ourlads puts him first in the LILB depth chart; he's 33 though.

2) Sheldon Rankins, NO DT; 3rd in the depth chart and on PUP (achilles), so this seems a clearer case. On the other hand, he is 25 and the coaches expect him to be back soon.

Any opinions? Drop either, both or none?

Sounds like whomever is doing Yahoo predictions is either sloppy or lazy.

We’ve discussed Woodyard earlier in this thread.  I’m seeing him as a LB4 this year because of the presence of Evans.  Evans looks to be getting work in the regular season enough that it will cap Woodyard while making Evans unreliable.  It’s not a good situation, but Woodyard might be worth a depth piece because he ought to be pretty consistent on his tackle numbers.  It will depend upon your roster limits and who else might fill your LB depth chart and is available on the WW.  But it is highly improbable that Woodyard isn’t going to score enough to be worth holding in a full IDP league that has room for bye week/flex LBs, much less scoring 0.0 FF pts.

Rankins is a completely different matter and is roster size dependent if you are in a league that separates DTs and DEs.  If you are, Rankins is a top 10 DT when healthy, but he was hurt so late last year and as of now no one in NO is putting forth any kind of time table on his return.  Because it is difficult to find reliable FF DTs, if you have some roster room he’s probably worth keeping if you can find a DT to match him with who has a later bye week.  If you don’t have roster room, you may have to wait until very late in PS to get any kind of read on his situation, or if you can’t you probably will be forced to drop him.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bronco Billy said:

Sounds like whomever is doing Yahoo predictions is either sloppy or lazy.

I think they get them from Rotowire; they're often way off, but this I haven't see before :)

4 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

But it is highly improbable that Woodyard isn’t going to score enough to be worth holding in a full IDP league that has room for bye week/flex LBs, much less scoring 0.0 FF pts.

If I decipher the double negative, I think you're positive, right?

5 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

If you don’t have roster room, you may have to wait until very late in PS to get any kind of read on his situation, or if you can’t you probably will be forced to drop him.

Nope, we have LB/DB/DE as positions (2 of each) so he qualifies as DE. He'll be my first candidate to drop then.

Thanks!!

6 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Nope, we have LB/DB/DE as positions (2 of each) so he qualifies as DE. He'll be my first candidate to drop then.

2 of each position?  DTs are counted as DEs?  Where’s the fun in that?

That said - under your starter rules- while both guys are not going to score 0.0 this year, both guys are droppable.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

2 of each position?  DTs are counted as DEs?  Where’s the fun in that?

That said - under your starter rules- while both guys are not going to score 0.0 this year, both guys are droppable.

Thanks man. Btw it's 14-team, but I think the position is still fairly deep.

Hi

We will do our league with IDP the first time this season (14 team 0.5ppr). Only three slots (LB/DB/DL) and very tackleheavy (ratio 1:2).

Last year Leonard was the best Defense player overall with 175 points, DL studs like Donald or Watt only had around 100 points.

Now my question is when should I start drafting defense players? In my opinion it makes no sense to draft a good LB before the 10th/11th round and the other two Defense players in the last two rounds because there are just two many players who deliver almost the same stats (similar to the kickers).

Leonard is probably the only one who would be worth picking earlier but I guess he’ll be gone by the 3rd/4th round and that is too expensive.

What do you think about this, am I right or completely off?

11 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

Hi

We will do our league with IDP the first time this season (14 team 0.5ppr). Only three slots (LB/DB/DL) and very tackleheavy (ratio 1:2).

Last year Leonard was the best Defense player overall with 175 points, DL studs like Donald or Watt only had around 100 points.

Now my question is when should I start drafting defense players? In my opinion it makes no sense to draft a good LB before the 10th/11th round and the other two Defense players in the last two rounds because there are just two many players who deliver almost the same stats (similar to the kickers).

Leonard is probably the only one who would be worth picking earlier but I guess he’ll be gone by the 3rd/4th round and that is too expensive.

What do you think about this, am I right or completely off?

I made a quick analysis of this because I'm a n00b to IDP. I found that all three types of positions are very deep, and there isn't too much difference between say LB5 and LB25. Therefore it doesn't make much sense to start drafting most of them before pick #100.

Darius Leonard was a massive outlier last year, so he should go earlier; but I also found that (at least in my data) the DT position is worth less, but it's also less deep than LB/DB. Therefore, it makes sense to draft them before LBs.

I'm curious if all this makes sense to the experts.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. I would pick leonard at around 80-90 but he will be gone by the 5th round at latest. 

I’ll then just hope some of the other guys in my league fill up on defense players too early and I can snatch more solid offense players

Is pick 2.3 too early to take a and IDP in a dynasty rookie draft. No one I'm crazy about offensively really other than Justice Hill, Hakeem Butler, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, and Andy Isabella. Granted, I could use a bench WR. However, my IDPs suck and all of the IDP guys are there and I'm considering taking one of White, Bush, and Bosa. Thoughts on which of those guys is the best pick here? Though not sure if the scoring setting kill the value on taking one of these guys this high(ex: Darius Leonard got 149.75 points last season) Roster/Settings follow..

Scoring:  Tackle =.75, Tack. Asst=.25, Sack=2.5, INT=3, FF=2, FR=1, TD=6, S=2, Pass Defensed=1, TFL=1

IDP Roster: (3 D flex spots plus 1 LB, 1 DB, 1 DL)

Bruce Irvin (DE,LB)
Ryan Kerrigan (LB)
Terrell Suggs (LB)
Marshon Lattimore (DB)
Kawann Short (DL)
Za'Darius Smith (LB)
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (DB)
Telvin Smith (LB) - OUT

19 hours ago, Irish21 said:

1) Is pick 2.3 too early to take a and IDP in a dynasty rookie draft.

2) all of the IDP guys are there and I'm considering taking one of White, Bush, and Bosa. Thoughts on which of those guys is the best pick here?

3) Though not sure if the scoring setting kill the value on taking one of these guys this high

1) see page 2 and #3 below

2) see page 1 and 2

3) It is up to the team owner to understand their individual league scoring, and slot all players accordingly.

:cheers:

What do you guys think of Devin Bush?

Thinking about taking him as LB3 in my 16team redraft league.

3 hours ago, thebadferret said:

What do you guys think of Devin Bush?

Thinking about taking him as LB3 in my 16team redraft league.

Bush as your LB3 in a 16 team league is "straight cash homie." He's the top Rookie IDP, and he's got top 5 potential overall at the LB position.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Bush as your LB3 in a 16 team league is "straight cash homie." He's the top Rookie IDP, and he's got top 5 potential overall at the LB position.

It's my homer league and let's say some of the owners are lighter minded with everything football than others. Defense largely gets drafted after the nfl.com projections and their rankings and somehow they have devin bush with 3.6 points projected...for the season.

5 minutes ago, thebadferret said:

It's my homer league and let's say some of the owners are lighter minded with everything football than others. Defense largely gets drafted after the nfl.com projections and their rankings and somehow they have devin bush with 3.6 points projected...for the season.

MFL has Bush ranked as the #2 overall LB.

…dude put up 7 solos and 3 assists in 1 half pre-season week 1 B)

*disclaimer: rankings/projections always dependent on individual league scoring.

Posted (edited)

What about Q. Williams and Nick Bosa? Will they have an impact on their position?

also it’s always hard to find a good DB, it seems the top guys are gone quickly and sometimes some random guys come out of nowhere and have a great season 

Edited by KB24MVP

14 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

What about Q. Williams and Nick Bosa? Will they have an impact on their position?

also it’s always hard to find a good DB, it seems the top guys are gone quickly and sometimes some random guys come out of nowhere and have a great season 

My gut tells me you are inquiring about, DT Quinnen Williams NYJ, and not LB Quincy Williams JAX.

I wasn't high on Quinnen to begin the offseason research period leading up to IDP Rookie drafts, but @Sack Exchange set me on the path to enlightenment. As a rookie, he may have more value in dynasty, but I still see the opportunity for redraft impact, considering the talent he has around him (offenses will have to make a concerted effort to account for Leonard Williams, CJ Mosley, Avery Williamson and Jamal Adams), and DC Greg Williams is no slouch. *

I drafted QW as my 3rd DL @ 25:12 in a 14 Team IDP Redraft league (link to IDP draft list below):

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/743435-2019-offseason-idp-rankingstalk/?do=findComment&comment=8596656

As for Bosa, I am avoiding...big time. In the first few pages of this thread I discussed why IMHO he'll be a complete bust at his current draft slot. *his hamstring injury + significant ankle injury in the first few months with SF have done nothing but solidify my negative opinion of Bosa's potential.

IF, I was incorrect, and you were inquiring about LB Quincy Williams JAX. I broke him down a few times earlier in this thread. While he is currently out with an MCL injury, news is he has a chance to ready for week 1, and he received rave reviews while in camp...the most active player on the defensive side of the ball, flying all over the field in coverage and in tracking the ball carrier. *his game tape reminded me of a LB with a similar build, London Fletcher B)

RE: DBs

I focus on Safety, and save myself some time spent researching, and I look for talent at Safety, playing behind weak DL and/or LB cores. A couple guys I aim for early: Budda Baker, Jonathan Abram, Derwin James and Jamal Adams (but expect a bit of a regression due to increase in surrounding talent).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

RE: DBs

I focus on Safety, and save myself some time spent researching, and I look for talent at Safety, playing behind weak DL and/or LB cores. A couple guys I aim for early: Budda Baker, Jonathan Abram, Derwin James and Jamal Adams (but expect a bit of a regression due to increase in surrounding talent).

15 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

i focus on safeties as well, but TREMON SMITH is at least a cornerback worth watching... mostly because he's not a cornerback anymore: last year, andy reid approached tremon and asked him if he'd like to switch to offense and tremon was all-in, and this year he's an RB for the chiefs. tremon was a QB in high school, played multiple positions since then, and depending on your league's designations could be an interesting late-late-pick: certainly if he's designated as a CB but is getting RB touches, that's huge. if your league awards punt and kick return yardage, tremon is a no-brainer.

we all saw how jaylen samuels had an RB/TE designation last season in yahoo leagues, and for me it was a strong play into the playoffs when conner sat. right now, CBS has tremon as an "RB" in designation, but will only allow me to place him in the DB spot... on other platforms, he's DB.

disclaimer: can't say if tremon will work out for fantasy, could easily be droppable, but if your league is deep, if your bench is deep, and if you get those return yards, tremon is free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

we all saw how jaylen samuels had an RB/TE designation last season in yahoo leagues, and for me it was a strong play into the playoffs when conner sat. right now, CBS has tremon as an "RB" in designation, but will only allow me to place him in the DB spot... on other platforms, he's DB.

On Yahoo he has a CB designation, and gets a CB projection, but has a RB blurb. Interesting.

7 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

On Yahoo he has a CB designation, and gets a CB projection, but has a RB blurb. Interesting.

i'm sure it'll be sorted out soon enough and he'll get the RB designation (i doubt he ends up with a CB/RB dual-des). and again, this could amount to nothing, at least for regular redraft IDP. but if your league awards return yardage for punts and kicks, tremon is a buy now (at the free cost of a bench stash).

On 8/13/2019 at 6:02 PM, KB24MVP said:

regarding nick bosa, i'll offer my opinion only to round off a discussion (because @FollowTheLeader is not a fan). i like the kid. i was hoping to net devin white and devin bush in my most recent rookie / dynasty draft, but i drafted bush and white went next... was hoping with two first round picks i could've had both. so i took nick bosa and now he has a lingering injury. still, nbosa is quick, relentless, and although he's pegged as straight-line tackler he's quick enough that this is an asset. also, the 49ers defensive line is solid enough that nbosa cannot be double-teamed, at least not often. my advice is this: if you're playing dynasty, and you can get a discount for nbosa because the owner is worried about the lingering injury, trade for him; if you're drafting in a rookie draft and nbosa slips because of the injury, draft him. joey bosa also had some health issues but in the end has proved a wrecking ball when on the field. even FollowTheLeader might agree that nick bosa is worthy of drafting if he slips far enough in your draft 😀.... it's all about value.

regarding finding a good DB and "some random guys" coming out of nowhere, it's actually not so random. two factors come into play: first, the top DBs can shutdown even the top WRs, and QBs will often avoid these top DBs. so knowing who's second in line in a defensive backfield is important. but the other factor is snap count: there is a direct correlation to snap count ant the beginning of the season for DBs, and where a DB finishes the year in stats. so, a name you've never heard of at DB will be easier to predict if you're looking closely at snap count. hope this helps.

not always a straight line:

NervousMilkyCony-size_restricted.gif

note: the above seems a risky move by bosa if USC could've seen the movement and run an end-around or QB bootleg, but on 3rd-and-9 the risk is mitigated somewhat.

but straight line works, regardless of who's in his way:

I0l8ECb.gif

Posted (edited)

Is Marcus Davenport good for dynasty ? who would be the best Edge in the NFC to draft for Dynasty that was drafted in 2018 and before ?

Edited by LivingOnTheEdge

On 8/18/2019 at 2:15 AM, LivingOnTheEdge said:

Is Marcus Davenport good for dynasty ? who would be the best Edge in the NFC to draft for Dynasty that was drafted in 2018 and before ?

NFC 2018 and earlier?

danielle hunter is my #1. the vikings defensive line is too good to double-team hunter; he's relentless and exceptional. even when everson griffen leaves the vikings, they have weatherly (who'll be a great complement on the other side for hunter. he's only 24 years old (turning 25 this season, still great for dynasty). i like demarcus lawrence, but he's older than hunter and recuperating; cameron jordan is excellent, but he's even older than lawrence (both of these guys for redraft, but not for dynasty). hope this helps.

Hunter%20sacks%20Mariota.gif

I managed to get D. Leonard, D. Buckner and H. Smith as my three D players, pretty happy about it! 

Tremaine Edmunds is going to be a monster in year two.  The guy's only 21 still and the sky's the limit for him.