Sign in to follow this  
Flyman75

Carlos Hyde 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Yeah I think he is. I think he is worth trying to get cheap. I think he is a good trade target and then sell high after a few good games.

Do these strategies work for you? 

I feel these dated strategies are for free online leagues. 

I see the message boards always talking about selling high and buying low and giving extremely unrealistic plans of how to execute and it just makes me believe most play in leagues with 9 year Olds who don't know better. 

What are you really gonna sell high on Hyde for? 

• Like 1

It’s a cool thing to say but as you stated, doesn’t work in a competitive league because  there are no real sheep.

Where do we think he ranks comparedto guys like Murray with the current saints situation. Hyde seems game flow dependent but 20 carries is 20 carries.

Houston has to get a goal line rushing TD at some point, right? I can see Hyde having a couple 2 TD games, but it's gonna be really hard to predict when that'll be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Resident A-hole said:

Houston has to get a goal line rushing TD at some point, right? I can see Hyde having a couple 2 TD games, but it's gonna be really hard to predict when that'll be.

Yes. Deshaun will definitely have some.

I've been trying to use him as a trade piece in a 14 teamer but no bites as of yet. Might have to play him this week so a goaline TD would be great Carlos....

4 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I've been trying to use him as a trade piece in a 14 teamer but no bites as of yet. Might have to play him this week so a goaline TD would be great Carlos....

Best you can hope for. No short-term wire heroes ever sell high all alone. Or perceived JAG players.

Clear cut top back on the Texans, 20 touches per game, 28 years old, proven performer at NFL level.  What’s not to like here?  Especially in standard leagues.  

Seems like he's a Lamar Miller at best if he keeps this up, with less receptions though.    I suppose he's a good bench guy but I'd hate to need him.  

3 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Do these strategies work for you? 

I feel these dated strategies are for free online leagues. 

I see the message boards always talking about selling high and buying low and giving extremely unrealistic plans of how to execute and it just makes me believe most play in leagues with 9 year Olds who don't know better. 

What are you really gonna sell high on Hyde for? 

Well who knows. Running backs drop like flies so if he stays up you could always trade him somewhere. It could be a package deal, who knows. If hes performing well and getting 20 carries you could definitely get something for him. You probably can't get much now because people probably think hes garbage, but if he strings together 2-3 more great games in a row, and with running backs dropping, you can make a deal I bet. 

And I dont know about everyone's leagues but I play in a deep league so a healthy and producing running back carries even more value.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lla887 said:

Clear cut top back on the Texans, 20 touches per game, 28 years old, proven performer at NFL level.  What’s not to like here?  Especially in standard leagues.  

His average yardage per carry has gone done every year for the past 3 years. 

Right now it's way inflated through two games at 5.8...it will be back in the 3's by the end of the season. 

He's just not that talented at this stage in his career. Really should only be used if desperate. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Right now it's way inflated through two games at 5.8...it will be back in the 3's by the end of the season. 

He's just not that talented at this stage in his career. Really should only be used if desperate. 

that's a nice COPE you have there

1 hour ago, Chippa said:

that's a nice COPE you have there

Okay. What's your contention? You think Hyde is good?

He averaged 6.3 fantasy points per game in standard last year. 

He's not suddenly going to make a leap in his 6th NFL season as an RB. 

Solid real life player. But for fantasy he shouldn't be in any starting lineups in 12 team leagues or below. In my opinion. 

14 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Okay. What's your contention? You think Hyde is good?

He averaged 6.3 fantasy points per game in standard last year. 

He's not suddenly going to make a leap in his 6th NFL season as an RB. 

Solid real life player. But for fantasy he shouldn't be in any starting lineups in 12 team leagues or below. In my opinion. 

Your talking the Browns. You watch them play last night? They still haven’t figured anything out. And then the jags. Not much different. He played well for fantasy purposes in SF. Now he’s on a high octane offense where most defenses are paying no attention to him. Huge difference. Look at Damian Williams as an example. Been a JAG for years. Exploded at least last year on the chiefs. It happens all the time.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Your talking the Browns. You watch them play last night? They still haven’t figured anything out. And then the jags. Not much different. He played well for fantasy purposes in SF. Now he’s on a high octane offense where most defenses are paying no attention to him. Huge difference. Look at Damian Williams as an example. Been a JAG for years. Exploded at least last year on the chiefs. It happens all the time.

Okay but despite averaging a whopping 5.8 yards per carry so far, he's only put up 18 total fantasy points through 2 games.

He has 1 reception for 2 yards through 2 games. 

So what's the cieling here? Seems pretty low. What do you expect to change?

The only thing that could improve is TD's. Which makes him hit or miss. 

52 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Okay but despite averaging a whopping 5.8 yards per carry so far, he's only put up 18 total fantasy points through 2 games.

He has 1 reception for 2 yards through 2 games. 

So what's the cieling here? Seems pretty low. What do you expect to change?

The only thing that could improve is TD's. Which makes him hit or miss. 

Hit or miss? His floor seems to be what he's had these past two games which is about 8-10 points. I will take that all day long from a flex play/RB2-3. This guy also just got traded two weeks ago. His ceiling is yet to be determined but I would prob just throw a TD on top of that. So 16 points a game. Not much more you can ask for from a waiver pickup. This is a solid flex, bye week filler, injury replacement and maybe even potential RB2 depending on what we see.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Hit or miss? His floor seems to be what he's had these past two games which is about 8-10 points. I will take that all day long from a flex play/RB2-3. This guy also just got traded two weeks ago. His ceiling is yet to be determined but I would prob just throw a TD on top of that. So 16 points a game. Not much more you can ask for from a waiver pickup. This is a solid flex, bye week filler, injury replacement and maybe even potential RB2 depending on what we see.

I'm all on the "Hyde can be useful" train but saying you'll take 8-10 pts from your rb2 all day is a losers mentality. 

Let's just see where this goes. I'm slightly optimistic but will move him in a heartbeat if anyone shoes interest.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

I'm all on the "Hyde can be useful" train but saying you'll take 8-10 pts from your rb2 all day is a losers mentality. 

Let's just see where this goes. I'm slightly optimistic but will move him in a heartbeat if anyone shoes interest.

He’ll get his goal line touches to go along with his 16+ carries. Nothing to worry about

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

I’m talking about as a floor. I’m happy with an 8-10 point floor. Chubbs floor is probably 8-10 points along with a lot of other “starting” rbs etc. just their ceiling is much higher.

He outscored CMC and Kamara last week, so his ceiling on any given week is top 3. That's how this works right?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mbell317 said:

With improved line play, a better overall offense and consistent focus of getting him the ball consistently, things don't have to revert back to where they were. Also, maybe..... just maybe its because the previous blocking schemes didn't work for him. Listen to him and his coach now.

“He gets his pads down, he runs behind his pads, he does,” head coach Bill O’Brien said. “He's a strong runner.”

“I’m hungry,” Hyde said. “I’m out there on a mission. I’ve got a chip on my shoulder coming in this year. So I’m running angry, running mad, and it’s been paying off for me.”

“I love it because it’s downhill,” Hyde said. “I get my shoulders square and get to go downhill and get to fall forward. That’s part of my game. I’m a big back and I get my shoulders squared up and go downhill. It’s a lot easier for me to break tackles and stuff like that.”

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Thanks 1

This is the week of truth to me. Good matchup, he's established as the primary back, now let's see what he can do. If he goes for 90 and a TD, maybe a catch or two, then I'll be psyched. If not, he's definitely droppable in a PPR at the least.