Sign in to follow this  
fawkes_mulder

Yandy Diaz 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, professorbaseball said:

Scout.com says he is placed on DL again? Also not starting today? Tell me this ain't true

Just a day off it appears. 

• Like 1

3 HR in his last 5 games and still murdering lefties (.327 AVG, 167 wRC+ and a 52,0 Hard%).

Can't imagine what his line would be had he been healthy all season but silver lining is that he'll be a heavy discount next year. 

Dudes...he is batting .246 with 2 homeruns and 5 rbi in the last 30 days. Any movement he has in player rankings is due to the amount of runs he is scoring( probably grounding out and safe on the fielders choice). That is terrible for 1b or 3b in the juiced ball era

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Dudes...he is batting .246 with 2 homeruns and 5 rbi in the last 30 days. Any movement he has in player rankings is due to the amount of runs he is scoring( probably grounding out and safe on the fielders choice). That is terrible for 1b or 3b in the juiced ball era

He’s actually batting .260 with 3HR over the past 30, not to mention he just got back from an injury right before then. I know it’s not great, but he’s definitely been productive. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

His per 162 average is 114/30/82 - which won't blow anyone away but is fantastic for a guy who can hit .300 and was a FA pickup in most leagues. His power is also a recent development so it's possible he can raise these numbers as he has more time to get used to the mechanics of his swing.  

• Like 1

Just now, Bigfische said:

Are we assuming the foot is broken then?

According to Twitter, not broken. Seems like Rays doing their thing and shuffling because they can. 

Why do they even keep Matt Duffy?  Does he have blackmail material on the front office bigwigs or something?  Yeah Diaz looked really hurt and in a lot of pain last night.  But a one-footed Diaz is still a lot better than a two-footed Duffy.

57 minutes ago, bugkilla said:

Been saying it alot.....dude seems to get dinged alot....injury risk man sucks 

Just want to point out that a foot contusion from a foul ball is just unlucky. If he had a constant hamstring/shoulder/wrist issue then sure we could call him injury risk/prone.

2 hours ago, corey_rideout said:

Just want to point out that a foot contusion from a foul ball is just unlucky. If he had a constant hamstring/shoulder/wrist issue then sure we could call him injury risk/prone.

I get what you’re saying, but a lot of guys foul balls off their foot. Nothing seems to be broken. Might be the team being cautious and knowing they have other options, but going on the IL because his foot hurts is soft.

4 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I get what you’re saying, but a lot of guys foul balls off their foot. Nothing seems to be broken. Might be the team being cautious and knowing they have other options, but going on the IL because his foot hurts is soft.

Not all foul balls off the foot are the same.  That one looked really brutal.  He tried to stay in but he couldn't even walk right.  I wouldn't be surprised that after the swelling goes down and they x-ray it again properly that there isn't something broken or fractured.

14 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Beauty of the 10 day DL is that you give him 3-4 days for the swelling to go down and another couple days to get back into baseball routines and he is only a couple days from being activated. Rays might have just put him on the DL anyways with Duffy ready to return and Diaz clearly going to miss at least 1-2 games. 

I just don't see the soft label. Yandy might have a similar issue that Stanton has where he is so much lean muscle and so little body fat that he tends to be more prone to injuries. I don't think this is an example of that however - just incredibly bad luck!

20 minutes ago, corey_rideout said:

Beauty of the 10 day DL is that you give him 3-4 days for the swelling to go down and another couple days to get back into baseball routines and he is only a couple days from being activated. Rays might have just put him on the DL anyways with Duffy ready to return and Diaz clearly going to miss at least 1-2 games. 

I just don't see the soft label. Yandy might have a similar issue that Stanton has where he is so much lean muscle and so little body fat that he tends to be more prone to injuries. I don't think this is an example of that however - just incredibly bad luck!

lmao! This is a good one... The excuses people are able to concoct never ceases to amaze me.

I'll make sure to tell my wife as my belly gets a little bigger, I'm not gaining weight, I'm gaining durability. 😂

He'll be high on my late round target list next year. Has been tattooing the ball all year in between the injuries, and seemed like he was finally learning how to put the ball in the air. If he has health and playing time next year, watch out...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, StuckBetweenStations said:

He'll be high on my late round target list next year. Has been tattooing the ball all year in between the injuries, and seemed like he was finally learning how to put the ball in the air. If he has health and playing time next year, watch out...

Yep, I'm all in on this guy next year. Especially if he keeps working on his launch angle, as it seemed he was only able to hit that goal in spurts this season.

This guy is so rocked up like Stanton I have a feeling he is going to be pulling muscles, quads, and cores on a regular basis.

For a late round get he is probably pick up though.