buster444

Andrew Heaney 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, bigbossman said:

Top 10 SP ROS

Haha results oriented much? 

Hes going to have some good games but some bad ones. I think as another said top 30 is realistic and top 25 would be amazing! Good to see though I've got him on 6/11 leagues hope he goes on one of those end of the year pitcher heaters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bigbossman said:

Top 10 SP ROS

Given the attrition at this point of the year, and general state of starting pitching, I don't find this to be terribly off-base. He's capable--talent wise and can be dominant when dialed in...and certainly fatigue won't be an issue like it is for other pitchers right now. I'd hedge and say top 20, but either way he's in position to be a huge difference maker for the next 5 weeks.

• Like 1

He’s got TEX again next week. Historically, do pitchers fare worse when facing the same team back to back?

Heaney isn’t a two-pitch pitcher, and the Rangers aren’t scary without Gallo. But gotta wonder if the familiarity in a short amount of time favors the hitters

9 hours ago, UberRebel said:

He’s got TEX again next week. Historically, do pitchers fare worse when facing the same team back to back?

Heaney isn’t a two-pitch pitcher, and the Rangers aren’t scary without Gallo. But gotta wonder if the familiarity in a short amount of time favors the hitters

Lots of sites are saying he's pitching this Sunday at HOU.  I'd take Texas again over that matchup.  

CBS has him on turn SUN @ HOU...a team he has fared just fine against in his career (3.28 ERA in 49 IP) it was the TEX matchup that made me hesitant this week, as he had an ERA above 6 versus them in his career. Next week looks like BOS at home (5.79 ERA in 14 IP).

• Like 1

I added him originally from the WW as I thought he was going next week twice - so an early add for my playoffs. Him going on Sunday wasn't planned, but I guess he needs to be rostered after that performance

Another beaut of a start, even if an elevated pitch count (and no offense) prevented the W.

FA- sat 93 MPH and topped at 96, usual incredible double plus movement and great command, tossed 57--38 for strikes with a whopping 26 swings and 11 whiffs

CU- awesome shape/spin, spun up 24--15 strikes with 13 cuts and 4 whiffs,sat 80 MPH

CH- looks like a legit plus 3rd weapon, sits perfectly on his velo spectrum at 85.5 MPH with double plus dive/dart actions on it, threw 18--11 strikes with 9 swings and 5 whiffs

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1