Sign in to follow this  
hoku808pc

Ian Thomas or Goedert for Gronk replacement??

Which guy would you take as a replacement for Gronk in 2020 in a dynasty league. I am thinking Gronk will play this season but not sure beyond that. Thomas and Goedert both play on teams that use TEs heavily, so I think either could be a TE1 once they get the starting position. I am thinking Olson also retires after this season, so I am leaning to grab Thomas but I feel Goedert has way more athleticism and upside. I also have Chris Herndon but not high as having him as my starting TE if/when Gronk retires... 

Go with Thomas he offer way more upside. Olsen is gonna retire the dude is made of glass, and near 40 years old.  Philly uses two TE sets a lot and they never stick to one. 

On 2/24/2019 at 1:20 PM, hoku808pc said:

Which guy would you take as a replacement for Gronk in 2020 in a dynasty league. I am thinking Gronk will play this season but not sure beyond that. Thomas and Goedert both play on teams that use TEs heavily, so I think either could be a TE1 once they get the starting position. I am thinking Olson also retires after this season, so I am leaning to grab Thomas but I feel Goedert has way more athleticism and upside. I also have Chris Herndon but not high as having him as my starting TE if/when Gronk retires... 

herndon played really well, so i wouldn't discount him as a viable option.

goedert will always play second fiddle to ertz, so that does not seem like the right move. you're looking for a TE who will not compete with a #1 for targets.

i like ian thomas, as long as he doesn't cost you much. i can't imagine he's free and on the waiver in a dynasty league. still, i do imagine that jeremy sprinkle is "free," and i'd add him just for depth. he has more talent than he is given credit for, and is in an offense with elderly TEs, and the offense lacks WR talent. hope this post helps.