Sign in to follow this  
nittanychris

Chris Taylor 2019 Outlook

What do people think of Taylor this year? Seems he has an everyday position locked up at 2B, though remains multi-position eligible at SS, 2B OF. Could be a sneaky pick that costs almost nothing. How about projections? Is 20 HR, 15 SB and .275 AVG unreasonable? I'm in on him this year. What say you? 

Chis is going to bounce back - never bet against Chis

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Chis is going to bounce back - never bet against Chis

I sure hope he does. Last year was a bit disappointing as his K rate skyrocketed. Let's hope for a 2017 version repeat.

He's dirt cheap in Y! 12-team standard mocks - anywhere from 18-23rd round. He's not in my draft plans but he's worth that price as a bench bat. Aside from Hosmer's season his 2018 was a non-stop parade of suck.

52 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

He's dirt cheap in Y! 12-team standard mocks - anywhere from 18-23rd round. He's not in my draft plans but he's worth that price as a bench bat. Aside from Hosmer's season his 2018 was a non-stop parade of suck.

I think you're a bit too harsh about his 2018. Sure, it was definitely disappointing. However 17 HR, 9 SB, 85 R, 63 RBI and a .254 avg is not too shabby of a floor. As long as he lands somewhere in between 2017 and 2018 this coming year, he'll be a steal. 

My concern with Taylor is the SBs really evaporated last year, running less and being less successful in those chances. His SB is trending in wrong direction and I'd be surprised if he grows at all there. He won't deliver a good average and at best is around 20 HR, so there's not much to get excited about. I also think he will be given more days off than in previous years - David Freese will play against LHP, Kike Hernandez will move around, Alex Verdugo will be called up, etc.

7 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

My concern with Taylor is the SBs really evaporated last year, running less and being less successful in those chances. His SB is trending in wrong direction and I'd be surprised if he grows at all there. He won't deliver a good average and at best is around 20 HR, so there's not much to get excited about. I also think he will be given more days off than in previous years - David Freese will play against LHP, Kike Hernandez will move around, Alex Verdugo will be called up, etc.

And people forget that his K-rate skyrocketed.

Any further input on Taylor?  Is he even a starter?  I have been avoiding him, someone who drafted him has already dropped him.  I was surpised to see him owned in 98% of leagues.  Had has a terrible spring so I imagine nothing to see here.

Wow this dude is a bust. It's worse than last yr. 

He's a token starter and then he gets pulled after 2 ABs when he does start.

Dodgers gonna Dodger, but it's kind of hard to call a guy drafted outside the top 200 a bust, isn't it?  Particularly after just two games?

If Taylor's on your team, you didn't invest a high pick in your MI slot, and these are the kind of guys you end up with.  The 2B/SS guys around him in ADP are LeMahieu, Semien, Simmons, Wendle -- basically the kind of MI guys you can freely cycle through on the wire in standard mixed leagues.  The ADP reflects the fact that the market wasn't betting on a recovery to anything close to his career year in 2017, so he's looking like more of a JAG than a bust at this very early stage.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

Dodgers gonna Dodger, but it's kind of hard to call a guy drafted outside the top 200 a bust, isn't it?  Particularly after just two games?

If Taylor's on your team, you didn't invest a high pick in your MI slot, and these are the kind of guys you end up with.  The 2B/SS guys around him in ADP are LeMahieu, Semien, Simmons, Wendle -- basically the kind of MI guys you can freely cycle through on the wire in standard mixed leagues.  The ADP reflects the fact that the market wasn't betting on a recovery to anything close to his career year in 2017, so he's looking like more of a JAG than a bust at this very early stage.

I think that consensus is going to be formed simply because he was drafted before Enrique Hernandez if things continue in the direction they’re going right now. Right or wrong. 

Edited by taobball

He is today what he was last year - a waiver bat in 12-team (or less) leagues. He gets benched (2 of 3 this series) in COL - one of the fringe benefits of owning any NL West player is they get a ton of ABs in COL. Not Taylor.

Probably safe to say he's add/drop material. Was hoping to see glimpses of his 2017 self. No luck so far.

Heating up? 4 R, 2 HR, 6 RBI, 1 SB, .380 avg over his last 5 games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

Heating up? 4 R, 2 HR, 6 RBI, 1 SB, .380 avg over his last 5 games.

yup he sure is - just grabbed him as a speculative add in one league.  it's a wonder what regular PT will do for a fellow.  His resurgence directly coincided with the Pollock injury btw.  IF CT continues to get regular at bats - I think his numbers will normalize to his where they have been over the last two years.

What's up with this guy? I don't know a whole lot about him but is this just a hot streak, or is there a chance he's returning to the player he was a few years ago? I have no idea what his peripheral or advanced number look like.  also, will he even be getting full time ABs once Seager returns? 

18 hours ago, DFWSooner said:

What's up with this guy? I don't know a whole lot about him but is this just a hot streak, or is there a chance he's returning to the player he was a few years ago? I have no idea what his peripheral or advanced number look like.  also, will he even be getting full time ABs once Seager returns? 

The PT is my concern as well.  Feel like he will be back to part time once Seager returns.

2 hours ago, smeeze said:

I guess he's fast?

s7MYRyp.png

Wow. I know those stats aren't the be all and end all, but still. 

Keep riding that wave. We'll eventually figure out who the real Chris Taylor is.