FollowTheLeader

Gerald Everett 2019 Outlook

10 hours ago, Gootz said:

Definitely agree he has shown some ability that could continue. Last week was a bit of an anomaly in that the 9ers gameplan and their dominant defense were too much for the Rams O. It'll be interesting to see how things play out. I have Walker and picked up Everett to play over DW. Curious to hear your thoughts on DW over GE this week and why. 

I think DW vs Everett is close, but I guess I’d lean Everett for the start. Over the last three weeks Everett has seen quite a few more targets than DW, and has generally been trending upwards, while DW downward. I’d put them in the same tier of start though...shouldn’t leave you with a doughnut, but not gonna win you the week. 

Edited by RandyShackleford

Hands down Everett over DW this week, bookmark it because it’ll be the truth. Matchups are favoring Everett heavily. 

11 hours ago, myzto said:

Hands down Everett over DW this week, bookmark it because it’ll be the truth. Matchups are favoring Everett heavily. 

Swiiiiing and a miss

Edit, nvm.  Thought DW was Waller...

Edited by abachar

Obviously the production was nice, but TEN targets was even more encouraging. Should solidify that the previous two weeks before the dud weren't a fluke. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Obviously the production was nice, but TEN targets was even more encouraging. Should solidify that the previous two weeks before the dud weren't a fluke. 

Yep led the team in targets.  This guy might save those of us (many of us) who have had a huge black hole at TE streaming all year with the likes of McDonald, Graham, hockenson, etc

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

That's his last four games.  If he can keep on getting about 8-9 targets a game, he could be a good sneaky pick for finding TEs at this stage of the season.  

• Like 2

What are people thinking about him rest of season compared to other top tight ends?  I haven't watched any Rams games, are his increased targets dependable going forward? I have Andrews on a bye and am thinking about burning a waiver claim on him if it seems like he might be startable beyond week 8.  Everything I've read is very encouraging 

I don't know how often he's being lined up as a WR, but that was the case on the TD, which was a screen.  This guy's usage is shaping up to be more consistent than any Rams receiver not named Cooper.

6 hours ago, poormansmoorman said:

What are people thinking about him rest of season compared to other top tight ends?  I haven't watched any Rams games, are his increased targets dependable going forward? I have Andrews on a bye and am thinking about burning a waiver claim on him if it seems like he might be startable beyond week 8.  Everything I've read is very encouraging 

You never know for sure but all signs point to a resounding yes. The one dud the last 4 weeks gets completely thrown out IMO given that literally no one, including Kupp did anything. He is absolutely startable beyond this week. He's not in the top TE tier, but he's in the next one which would put him around TE6-10. 

6 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

I don't know how often he's being lined up as a WR, but that was the case on the TD, which was a screen.  This guy's usage is shaping up to be more consistent than any Rams receiver not named Cooper.

Agreed. I'm a sucker for usage/targets so that's why I'm encouraged. Cooks has been phased out a bit, and Woods has always been a fairly ordinary talent IMO. This guy is a huge athlete who can really create problems for the defense, and most importantly the Rams seem to agree. 

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:07 AM, SuperMarksBros. said:

This guy might save those of us (many of us) who have had a huge black hole at TE streaming all year with the likes of McDonald, Graham, hockenson, etc

And those who lost Henry and Dissly

Idk y fantasypros has him ranked so low this week. They have Hockenson ranked higher.

anyways, I just dont think this weeks rankings have been fully updated yet. Rolling with him, especially with that great pittsburgh blitz, goff’s gotta get it off quickly. Everett and Kupp are the goys who benefit most

Edited by Chippa

26 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Idk y fantasypros has him ranked so low this week. They have Hockenson ranked higher.

anyways, I just dont think this weeks rankings have been fully updated yet. Rolling with him, especially with that great pittsburgh blitz, goff’s gotta get it off quickly. Everett and Kupp are the goys who benefit most

Not Woods?

3 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

Anyone feeling him versus Pit?

I snagged him off waivers and am starting him. Been streaming TE's since Dissly went down and Everett is the next guy up. Cooks status is up in the air right now, and they're going to limit his snap count if/when he does come back. That's a situation that certainly benefits Everett. 

Everyone talks about how many mouths the Rams offense has to feed, but they throw it a ton (top 5 in passing attempts and yards). The biggest issue is that despite all the yards, they're 20th in the league in passing TD's. That seems like a trend that is likely to reverse though and hopefully Everett can be a part of that. 

• Like 1

With Engram hurt, I grabbed Everett. 

Hoping he can take advantage with Cooks out. 

11 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

With Engram hurt, I grabbed Everett. 

Hoping he can take advantage with Cooks out. 

same, lets go

I don't htink Cooks out helps Everett much. I think Reynolds will slot in to Cooks' spot and Everett could be a trap play for those expecting higher production post-concussion. Unfortunately for me I don't have much other choice lol

7 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

I don't htink Cooks out helps Everett much. I think Reynolds will slot in to Cooks' spot and Everett could be a trap play for those expecting higher production post-concussion. Unfortunately for me I don't have much other choice lol

Nobody is saying Everett is going to slide into Cook's spot. Everett may get more targets and designed plays in order to open up the offense. They used Everett to stretch the field over the middle against Seattle after Cooks went down early. 

Limited with a wrist injury but I assume he'll be good to go. Higbee not practicing will help his outlook this week.

Since Week 4, over his last 6 games in .5 PPR:  

49 targets (8+ per)  & 10.54 PPG