dutchoven

ACTIVE/Competitive owners

I'm setting up a 12-team league, nothing that complicated - yet we want it unique enough to be "different". For now its going to be free, just want to make sure we have a good group of guys before we start charging $$. Looking for 4 members right now. I know everyone says this when they are recruiting for a league but I'm gonna say it anyway... 

• Looking for active guys. Managers that respond to trade offers, emails, and even spend a little time attempting to get to know guys in the league. IF its a daily league, the very least you are doing is being active on waiver/free agency and setting your lineup. This is also going to be a slow-draft, would love if we could knock out the draft and not have to pick a date to finish it.
  • Looking for committed guys. If this is a keeper league, in order for it to be fun and competitive for everyone, commitment and longevity are vital. Commitment also means committed to making the league better either by way you act (includes not complaining all the time) or helping the league improve with suggestions.
  • Not looking for fantasy jerks or pricks. Fantasy, to me, isn't just about winning; fantasy also brings a social dynamic. If you are the type of guy that everyone can't get along with because its competitiveness all the time, you may not be a fit.

Here's some of the rules I'm thinking...

H2H, 7x7 (willing to discuss) categories or record. Starting rosters would be around 21, with a 7 man bench and a 4 man reserved/minor league squad. Instead of having just one matchup per week, each team would have a total of 3 - it keeps away the 2nd best week in the league and losing or 2nd worst week and still winning. Again, trying to be not that complicated but also unique. League would be ran on Fantrax.

Wanna aim to start the draft as soon as possible, slow-draft up to a certain point and then we'd pick a date to finish if we aren't done by a certain date. They're be no keeper penalty, just best 7 guys plus minors (4 max). I'm up to discuss rules and such, just want to get a good group of active guys that will be competitive, have fun, and help me fill a need for a good league (mainly because I LOVE fantasy baseball). Our calendar for the very near future would be to fill the league, discuss rules and get to know each other a bit, announce draft order and divisions, and then start the draft.

16 minutes ago, Clemsonrules said:

I'm game. Hi me up at theburnetts@live.com

Neil

Sent you an email

Hello, curious what format you use? ESPN, Yahoo?...

1 minute ago, Mr. G said:

Hello, curious what format you use? ESPN, Yahoo?...

Setup on fantrax

2 minutes ago, dutchoven said:

Setup on fantrax

Thanks, I'll pass, good luck!

Still looking for a few... 

Would like to keep it on Fantrax but willing to move it to ESPN if we can't fill soon. There are some settings Fantrax offers that ESPN doesn't such as minor league reserve spots, matchup settings (facing more than one team per week), slow-draft. We've got a great group of guys thus far that are committed and passionate about fantasy baseball. I know Fantrax is different, but I think it'd be worth the risk and try... in fact, most of us are Fantrax rookies.