BostonCajun

Carlos Santana 2019 Outlook

Carlos Santana, while he does have more value in OBP than average leagues, is annually underrated and 2019 is no different. He is going back to CLE where he spent most of his career and put up some good numbers there. He should be a good source for 20+ HRs, close to 80 runs and 80+ RBIs while providing a very good .350-.360 OBP. He is slotted to hit cleanup which is something he hasn't had the luxury of much during his career so I could see him reaching 90+ RBIs with Lindor and Jose Ramirez hitting in front of him. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Carlos Santana, while he does have more value in OBP than average leagues, is annually underrated and 2019 is no different. He is going back to CLE where he spent most of his career and put up some good numbers there. He should be a good source for 20+ HRs, close to 80 runs and 80+ RBIs while providing a very good .350-.360 OBP. He is slotted to hit cleanup which is something he hasn't had the luxury of much during his career so I could see him reaching 90+ RBIs with Lindor and Jose Ramirez hitting in front of him. 

OBP league monster. Boring late round guy in average leagues. Pretty simple.

• Like 1

no replies since February.

2nd in the AL with .379 AVG. but that does come with .453 BABIP. he is however killing the ball.his 57.4 hard hit% is 6th in baseball.

he only has 1 HR. he needs to get the ball in the air more. he has 8.8 LA after having 15.1 last season and 12.7 the season before.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, En Votto Veritas said:

I predict .260/.360, 25 HR, 90 RBI, 80 R, 3 SB. Dude is consistent af and gets no respect. 

That's about what I was expecting entering the season. He's so underrated every year. His value of course is higher in OBP leagues though. 

His batting average keeps hovering in the .300's. Cargo has been helping him with his approach. Really loving the results thus far. 

Was starting to think he lost his power stroke. Nice recent surge. I’ll trade a few knocks for the higher AVG if he keeps hitting like this. 

An absolute beast in OBP leagues this year. He has the 8th best OBP in the league among qualified hitters and is the 40th overall ranked player in my league. His power this year has been nice considering most of us probably though he’d top out at around 20-25. I predicted earlier this year 25 but at this point I think he’s got a good chance to reach 30 if he keeps swinging the bat like this. 

Santana's run production has been impressive considering how bad the Cleveland offense has been around him.  He's always been an underrated hitter / on-base guy for points leagues, but he's really been Breaking Out as a very nice rotisserie commodity as well, with the relative weakness of the 1B position helping make him even more valuable for those who were Waiting on the position in the draft.

He's always had a Smooth swing, but even though the team around him isn't Winning, he's still launching baseballs Into the Night on a regular basis.  It seems like there's Nothing at All that he can't do fantasy-wise, except steal bases, of course.  Owners should definitely Savor this, as there's no telling How Long it's going to last, though it certainly Feels Like Fire right now.

• Like 1

Are the capital letters a code of some sort?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He's having a great year, arguably one of the 5 best hitters in the AL so far.  He should definitely get his first All-Star nod.

Can he keep this up playing in a pretty weak CLE lineup, though? That's my biggest question. The rest of it looks good.

Heard some speculation yesterday on Drennan Live  that the Indians might/should consider trading

Santana, thoughts?

Santana appreciation post. Dude is on a tear and having his best season ever. That is all. 

• Like 2

Just now, '71 Bucks said:

Santana appreciation post. Dude is on a tear and having his best season ever. That is all. 

Yep - could match his 2016 HR/RBI numbers and is on pace to set a new season-high in AVG.

It’s crazy that the last post prior to yours was on June 13th. He’s a huge reason why I’m in the position I am after a couple of my early picks flopped. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 12:53 PM, BostonCajun said:

It’s crazy that the last post prior to yours was on June 13th. He’s a huge reason why I’m in the position I am after a couple of my early picks flopped. 

Yeah.  It's pretty wild that a player having the season he's having is still on his first page.  I get this came out of nowhere, as he's never been one of the top 1B in baseball before, but it's still surprising that he's gotten so little love.

I know the balls are juiced and such, but I have a hard time believing that is the reason he is following up possibly his worst season of his career with his best.  I know he's 33, but he's been doing it all season (outside of July).

• Like 1