Sign in to follow this  
BostonCajun

Forum Outages

Have you guys noticed the number of issues the forums have been having recently? Yesterday for example, I couldn’t access them from 11am eastern on until I went to bed at midnight. I woke up this morning and it was working. But last week it went down for a few hours as well. Is it just me?

5 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Have you guys noticed the number of issues the forums have been having recently? Yesterday for example, I couldn’t access them from 11am eastern on until I went to bed at midnight. I woke up this morning and it was working. But last week it went down for a few hours as well. Is it just me?

I haven't noticed anything.  I don't go on a ton after I get off work (4:30 pm PST), but I was definitely browsing them around the time you mentioned yesterday morning (which would have been 8am my time).

1 minute ago, ToO_BaD said:

I haven't noticed anything.  I don't go on a ton after I get off work (4:30 pm PST), but I was definitely browsing them around the time you mentioned yesterday morning (which would have been 8am my time).

I’ve also been dealing with some router issues at home but at the time I was still able to browse everything else.

it appears to me they are making upgrades/modifications to the forums. i imagine this is related.

Yea ive seen guys have issues with the search bar as well causing some double thread posts, must be these changes they are doing, ongoing i suppose (get rid of the stupid light blue already then)

Edited by kmoore1521

12 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Yea ive seen guys have issues with the search bar as well causing some double thread posts, must be these changes they are doing, ongoing i suppose (get rid of the stupid light blue already then)

The search bar has not been working, I can confirm that. I've been guilty of multiple duplicate threads until I realized it was broken.

1 hour ago, Sidearmer said:

The search bar has not been working, I can confirm that. I've been guilty of multiple duplicate threads until I realized it was broken.

The search bar has always been piss poor.  I hope they can fix it because it is basically useless even when supposedly "working."

About an hour ago I got this message when trying to get on here:

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

Too many connections

You can try again by clicking the button below, or try again later.

Now they can' t even handle the lite off season traffic here.  Football is over and baseball is still just in early spring training mode.  Basketball and hockey aren't into the busier playoffs periods yet.  This is about as quiet as these forums get and they are already in trouble.  LOL!

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Got the same message again except it said "Too many reactions" occurring when I gave a single thumbs up in a thread.  Then the site locked up again.

There have been some intermittent outages and lapses in functionality.  We're told that the admins are going to be upgrading to a newer version of the forum software in the coming days to resolve these issues.  Until then, please be patient.