Sign in to follow this  
CrypTviLL

David Peralta 2019 Outlook

Had a great year last year with Arizona. Pretty much all that is left of the Diamondbacks fantasy relevancy (Greinke too).

Worth $10 in auctions? Any faith here?

no protection around him, could be a nice trade chip in July though

Edited by Golden Spikes

anyone think he can have a similar year to last year or regression coming? 2017 power numbers were nowhere near last year.

He had wrist surgery prior to 2017, I think?  That could explain his lower power output in 2017 and, perhaps  some of the improvement in 2018.  His 48.6%  hard hit rate was 2nd to Matt Carpenter.  If he's finally healthy, maybe he can maintain at least some of that.

The team context stinks, and it's possible the AVG could nosedive if he's exposed to more LHP without as many other useful bats around him, so I actually don't like him at his current FantasyPros consensus ADP of 132.  But if he were there a round or two later, I think I'd give him a shot.

• Like 1

If Davy alters his swing path a bit, say about +10% fly ball rate and + 8 degree launch angle he'll flirt with 40 homers this season. If not he'll go 28/.290 and still be a very useful OF. $7-9 feels right.

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2019 at 12:40 PM, Chaco Chicken said:

If Davy alters his swing path a bit, say about +10% fly ball rate and + 8 degree launch angle he'll flirt with 40 homers this season. If not he'll go 28/.290 and still be a very useful OF. $7-9 feels right.

Hope you’re right chick. Hope his upside is greater this year.

Yeahh i'm not buying into it this year. We have random, single-season power outbursts all the time in baseball. My gut says that's what happened last year.

Whether he'll keep it up or not is anyone's guess but Peralta sought the hitter's trifecta of increased hard hit%, more fly balls, and more pull contact and did just that. It wasn't a fluke and his contact rates are well within range to continue. The NL West has an inordinate number of lefty starters so that doesn't help but I'd take the bad team discount and take him as a 3rd or 4th OF.

On 3/13/2019 at 9:40 AM, Chaco Chicken said:

Launch angle is up 7* in this short sample size and he's hammering the ball again, hopefully a big season is in store.

Guy is having a funky but decent year so far. Great average, power way down after last year's outburst and I don't think he has walked once.

2 hours ago, CuredMeats said:

Guy is having a funky but decent year so far. Great average, power way down after last year's outburst and I don't think he has walked once.

HRs are down but I wouldn’t say power is down, he has 9 doubles already and is slugging almost .550. The homers should come. He normally carries a decent walk rate, but I guess there’s no need to take a base on balls when he’s been hitting just about everything he sees to start the season. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bandrus1 said:

nothing to see here but solid production wayyyyyyyyyyyy under the radar

It's every year (well except 2017). The dude is a underrated monster in OPS leagues because he hits doubles like a mad man. Was an absolute gem when I picked him up in 2015. Don't have him this year unfortunately, but it's nice to see he's kept up the production

Has decent keeper value as well since it seems like he was drafted between rounds 9-11 on average.  You get top 20 OF value at a very low cost.

What’s the deal here? Month long slump due to shoulder or is he done( stat cast says he is cooked)?

yeah he's probably playing a little hurt.  His power has been almost non existent since that injury!  Maybe he'll be better after all star break.

On 7/2/2019 at 7:01 AM, CuredMeats said:

Feel like he never got right after the injury. 

Exited again with shoulder.  Definitely probably reason why power went caput. Probably shaping up to be a lost year in redraft.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mrmann1 said:

Seems to be heating up. Anything to see? 

If he gets back to playing how he did before the shoulder injury, then hell yes.