Sidearmer

Brad Peacock 2019 Outlook

I've still been holding out hope that he can right the ship and pitch like we know he's capable of doing in the rotation. Hitters are pummeling his pitches so far this year to the tune of a 40% hard hit rate though. Anyone have insight into what's happening with him. His K's are down but that's sort of expected pitching out of the rotation rather than the pen.

That’s more like it:

7IP - 3H - 1BB - 0ER - 12K

ERA down to 4.30. 

pitching from the windup instead of the stretch.

I guess Detroit is a good matchup monday. 

• Like 1

The cock has been dealin' his last three starts. Starting spot looks safe with McHugh moved to the pen

Evidently he tweaked his delivery a bit and has had great results since.

QS league and quite disappointed he was pulled after 5 innings.  Only 2 hits allowed and zero BBs ... let the man pitch!

13 minutes ago, jb_power said:

QS league and quite disappointed he was pulled after 5 innings.  Only 2 hits allowed and zero BBs ... let the man pitch!

I think they'll be cautious with his pitch count for the remainder of the season if they plan to keep him in the rotation. He's never pitched more than roughly 140 innings in his career and last season he only threw 65. The luxury of having a deep pen with plenty of good options also leads me to believe this will be the norm. They also have an offense that often gives them big leads. No sense in throwing him out there and tiring him out if they truly intend on having him in the rotation late into the summer. 

When is the cock gonna start to get some respect?

He was a beast in '17 in a starting role, then got relegated to the pen last season.

Is off to a sizzling start this year, minus one bad start vs. the Twins, who have been destroying everyone. 

Absolute gem today vs. Boston. 6 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 8 K's/1 BB

1 minute ago, GriffeySwag said:

Less and less every year.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

He was a beast in '17 in a starting role, then got relegated to the pen last season.

Is off to a sizzling start this year, minus one bad start vs. the Twins, who have been destroying everyone. 

Absolute gem today vs. Boston. 6 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 8 K's/1 BB

He has been playing the worst offenses in the history of baseball so not surprising he is doing well. I mean his schedule has been cake and even got Boston without JD. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

He has been playing the worst offenses in the history of baseball so not surprising he is doing well. I mean his schedule has been cake and even got Boston without JD. 

Gerrit Cole has been facing the same offenses and Peacock has an ERA a full run less than Cole's.

He also now has QS's against Texas and Boston, which is a strong lineup with or w/out JD.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

If you're looking for great starts against great offenses you should have drafted deGrom in round 1

Wait,

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

Gerrit Cole has been facing the same offenses and Peacock has an ERA a full run less than Cole's.

He also now has QS's against Texas and Boston, which is a strong lineup with or w/out JD.

Gerri cole sucks and is one of the most overrated pitchers in the league. He gets bombed by the white Sox and is a complete fraud

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

Gerri cole sucks and is one of the most overrated pitchers in the league. He gets bombed by the white Sox and is a complete fraud

Now now, he doesn’t suck.  He’s a candidate to finish with the best K/9 in the majors given a minimum of 150 IP.  Yes, he’s been somewhat disappointing this season from a ratios standpoint, but he’s still a “set and forget” type SP.

I also own Peacock and I’m very happy with his production.  Of course, Osuna crapped the bed tonight and cost me a victory. 

He has to be a fixture in the rotation at this point, right? He has been their second best starting pitcher this year in terms of results.

He'll be pitching against his former team in a pitcher friendly park wanting to show the A's just how wrong they were for getting rid of him.  I expect nothing less than 23 K's and a W.

• Like 1

is there any concern with Peacock the rest of the season as his innings increase from last season? he is at 59.2 IP right now, after 65 IP last season. he did have 132 in 2017.

I'm wondering whether he could reach a wall where he isn't as effective.

41 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

is there any concern with Peacock the rest of the season as his innings increase from last season? he is at 59.2 IP right now, after 65 IP last season. he did have 132 in 2017.

I'm wondering whether he could reach a wall where he isn't as effective.

I think this Cock finishes strong....

• Haha 1

Why so pessimistic?  He’s only going up against Judge, Stanton, Sanchez, Encarnacion, Voit, Gregorious, Torres, LeMahieu, etc.  No big deal.

In all seriousness, I might consider it with Stanton shaking off the rust & Judge coming back for his first game.  But I’m not a smart man.

7EF219D3-9292-42EC-94AF-797FC60B85D8.jpeg

• Haha 2

This Cock went off tonight. Besides the mistake to Sanchez, he was amazing. Great movement on his fastball. 11 K’s and set down 10 Yankees in a row. 

• Like 3

I actually planned to sit him today but forgot to take him out of my lineup.

Never doubt the Cock.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1